Truth or Dare

A Fangirl's Dream

*Jonghyun’s POV*

“Let’s play truth or dare!” I suggested to the other nine people in the giant family room.

I heard shouts of agreement, along with moans of reluctance.

“That’s such a two-year-old’s game,” complained Nicole.

“Is somebody too chicken to game a simple wittle game?” Minho mocked her, making sad puppy eyes at her.

“I’m not a chicken, okay!” We all looked over at Onew after his random outburst.

“Nobody said you were,” Minho said, confused like the rest of us.

“Okay, fine. Are we going to play this or not?!” Nicole asked impatiently.

“I’ll go get a bottle!” I shouted.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed an empty water bottle off the counter. When I came back into the living room, I joined us in the circle the others had formed on the floor, placing the bottle in the center.

“I’ll go first.” Nicole reached for the bottle and sent it spinning in one swift hand motion.

“You ask…” Taemin waited for it the stop spinning. “Key!”

“Truth or dare?”

“Truth,” Key answered.

“Who did you like better; your choice for a match or your manager’s-,”

“Mine.” He didn’t even let Nicole finish before blurting out her answer.

“Good,” Brianna piped up.

Key stuck out his tongue at her, then looked at Carolyn sitting next to him and smiled.

*Carolyn’s POV*

I smiled back at Key, but it was forced. I was looking at Key, but my mind was on Taemin. Ever since my realization at the ice cream place, I couldn’t stop looking at him; thinking about him.

“Okay, my turn!” Key said as he spun the bottle.

I glanced over at Taemin. He was trying to braid Brianna’s hair, but it wasn’t working out too well. I smiled at the sight. Suddenly he looked up at me… I was caught. Instead of looking away, he smiled at me. My body automatically smiled back.

“Jonghyun, truth or dare?” Taemin and I were both snapped back to reality when Key asked Jonghyun the question.

“Dare, of course,” Jonghyun answered.

“I dare you to kiss someone in this circle.”

We all stared at him blankly as the room fell silent.

“Oh, me!!!!” Vanessa shouted as she ran over to him and tackled him to the ground in a kiss.

“Get off me!” He shouted, shoving her off of him and sitting back up. He had red lipstick smeared all over his face.

We all died in laughter.

“Haha, J- Jjong, you’ve got haha, you’ve got a little something on your face,” Taemin giggled.

His laugh made me feel tingly inside.

“Shut up!”

The maknae immediately stopped laughing and sat still in silence.

Jonghyun spun the bottle which landed on… me!

“Truth or dare?”

I thought about the question carefully, and decided to go with truth since the last dare had gone so wrong.

“What would you have changed about your first date?” he asked me quickly before running to the bathroom to get the lipstick off his face.

I sat there, not knowing what to say. I didn’t dare look at Taemin, and I didn’t dare look at Key. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me; Key’s stare being the hardest.

“Um, uh… I, uh…”

“Oh hurry up st-t-t-tutter bug!” Nicole snapped, adding in her signature eye roll.

“I would’ve been nicer to Taemin.” I spoke the words softly, hoping that nobody would hear it. Everyone heard it. I looked up to see Taemin smiling at me.

“Aw, you’re so nice!” He said; his face lit up like a Christmas tree. “But its okay, you weren’t mean to me. I was just acting immature.”

“No you weren’t it really was me. I should’ve been more considerate.”

“Can we just move on?” Key cut in before Taemin had a chance to reply. I felt him move a little closer to me and gently set his hand on top of mine. It was shielded by my leg, so thankfully no one saw.

I used my other hand to spin the bottle. It landed on Minho.

“Truth or dare?”

“Dare,” he smiled.

“Rap for us.”

“Aw this is too easy,” he said, standing up so he could get into the full groove of his rap to come.

(Here’s the rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwG6NSKekk).

We all cheered when it was over. He took a bow before sitting down, a smile plastered on his face.

“My turn,” Minho said reaching for the bottle. He spun it so hard that it didn’t stop for what seemed like a whole minute. It landed on…