Thing Go Slightly Wrong

A Fangirl's Dream

*Rebecca’s POV*

“Well, I guess it’s just you and me,” I sighed, turning to face Minho.

“Great,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Minho, are you angry at me or something?” I asked as we climbed into our cart.

“No, it’s just… never mind. It’s not worth explaining.”

The cart began to move and we sat in awkward silence. I watched the various animals go by. The penguins reminded me of Onew. Everything reminded me of Onew. I wished he was here with me and hoped he was surviving through the ride with the psycho.

“Look at that!” I exclaimed, laughing. “Foxes are so cute when they run! Look at him bouncing!” I slapped Minho’s arm and pointed to the little red fox scurrying across his pen.

*Minho’s POV*

Aigoo she’s so cute. No! She can’t be! Nicole is cute… wait. What am I doing? Nicole doesn’t want to be with me anymore. We’re breaking up. I’m a free man. She hurt me. I should be allowed to think other people are cute! In fact, Rebecca is adorable! OMO, my head hurts now. I can like other girls. I know that now. But, Onew loves Rebecca. Is it bad for me to like my hyung’s girlfriend? Aigoo, of course it is! I don’t know what to do though. She was mine first. We connected without having to be paired up. Our connection was real. I deserve her more than Onew.

“Yeah, they are cute,” I smiled, watching her giggle with excited eyes.

She turned to look at me, “Hey! You look happier! I’m glad oppa. Are you okay now?”

“I think so,” I said happily.

“Good! I don’t like when my friends are sad,” she said, taking my arm and snuggling up against me. “Are you okay with me doing this? I mean, it’s only as a friend, don’t get the wrong idea-,”

“It’s fine,” I cut her off. “You just make yourself comfortable.”

“Minho oppa, you are so sweet, you know that? I’m so glad we became close at the beginning and it developed into us being such good friends.”

“You mean you forgive me for going behind your back and um… doing that with Nicole?” I asked in surprise.

“Yes. Actually I want to thank you,” she said, looking up at me. “I mean, we had a good run, but I think we’re better off with the matches SME picked for us. As much as it hurt when you did that, it led me to Onew. He makes me happy you know. I’ve never been so content in my life than when I’m with him. He completes me; just like you and Nicole.”

“Well, she did complete me…”

“Wait what?” Rebecca sat up and looked at me in confusion.

“Nicole and I are breaking up,” I explained.

“No! No, Minho you can’t! You two can make it through a long distance relationship. I know you can!”

“Think about what you’re saying,” I said, giving her a knowing look.

“Well, sure you guys do a lot of the physical stuff. But, you love each other beyond that, don’t you?”

I didn’t answer.

“Don’t you?”

“I don’t know!” I snapped, making her jump.

“Minho, I’m sorry-,”

“Aigoo Rebecca, stop doing that!”

“Doing what?!” she asked in exasperation.

“Being all adorable!”

“W-what?”

“I don’t know what’s going on right now! I don’t love Nicole anymore, though. I’m sure about that and it kills me! This morning you woke me up; you looked like a goddess,” I said, not sure where I was going with this.

“Minho, what are you saying?”

“You’re beautiful Rebecca, and you were mine! How did I ever let you slip away from me? I want it to be like how it started. We clicked, don’t you remember? We didn’t need to be set up on dates to be attracted to each other. We were meant to be!”

“Stop it!” Rebecca screamed, startling me. I’d never heard her scream like that before. “Minho, just stop it!” Her eyes were filled with tears of pain. “Don’t make me go through this. I love you Minho, but only as a friend; A FRIEND! Don’t try to tear me away from the happiness I have right now. I’m in love with Onew! I am HIS!”

“Oh, so it’s all about you and YOU’RE happiness?” I shot back. “What about me?! Don’t I deserve happiness too?!”

“You HAD happiness with Nicole! Breaking up with her was your decision, not mine! Love HER not me!”

“I can’t just change who I love. Our connection was deep! You’re what I want!”

Before she could react I grabbed her, shoving her against the cart and kissed her with everything I had. As my lips pressed against hers, I regretted what would come of this stupid move. She fought under my grasp, but I kept holding on, wishing her to kiss me back. Finally I had to let her go.

“Minho!” she gasped, slapping me across the face. I looked at her in shame and hurt.

“Minho, I’m sorry,” she whispered, tears falling down her cheeks. “I don’t want to hurt you. You mean a lot to me-,”

“But only as a friend?”

She nodded. “It hurts me to see you like this. But, if you love me Minho, you’ll let me be happy with Onew; please.”

“Okay,” I whispered, a tear slipping from my eye.

“Minho, I love you as a brother. You’re the best guy friend I’ve ever had, but that’s all we can ever be.”

That was the last thing either of us said for the rest of the ride. The whole time I thought about all that had just happened.

‘If you love me, you’ll let me be happy with Onew.’ ‘Love HER not me!’