Teach Me to Love You

A Fangirl's Dream

*Nicole’s POV*

“Minho?” I called softly, but he didn’t wake up. “Minho?” I called again, getting a little impatient. “Get up you lazy frog!” I finally yelled. But he just rolled over in his sleep.

I swear this boy…

I began to crawl into bed next to him when, FINALLY, he woke up.

“Woah, what are you doing yebo?” he asked,

“Finally! I just wanted to wake you up and tell you…” I began to climb out of the bed, but he stopped me.

“No, stay,” he said in a tone that screamed I’m-Smiling-Like-A-Sleepy-Idiot.

I was thankful that the darkness hid my blushing face as I crawled into bed next to him. “Minho, I… gosh this is hard for me! I just wanted to say… I’m sorry for yelling at you today.”

He sat up in bed, seaming slightly shocked. “You don’t have to apologize-,”

“But I want to. I want this to be a happy, nice relationship. I don’t want to be the snobby girlfriend. I want you to know I love you and I didn’t mean anything I called you.”

I could see his smile through the darkness. “I love you so much yebo.”

I scooted closer and laid my head on his lap. He began playing with my long, dark curls. “I love you too, Minho.”

*Brianna’s POV*

“You stupid, idiot diva,” I mumbled as I brushed the damp hair out of Key’s face and placed a new cooled cloth on his forehead. “You’re so crazy and irrational.”

I sat back and stared at him for a minute. His angelic face looked beautiful in the dim light. It was so soft and smooth. I brushed my hand over his cheek before leaning down to kiss it. “But I still love you; I always will.”

I stayed up all night taking care of Key. The sun was just peaking over the hills when I leaned back in my chair to rest. I had a fight with the sleep tugging at my eyes, but it eventually won. I fell asleep in a chair by his bedside, holding his hand in mine and whispering how completely in love I was.

*Jonghyun’s POV*

*Earlier that night*

Something was different about Annie tonight. She didn’t seem tough and self-confident. In fact, she looked weak and sad.

“Annie, are you okay?” I asked as she fluffed the pillows on her bed.

“What? Yeah… yeah I’m fine…” she said distantly. She stopped fluffing the pillow and just stood there staring at nothing.

I was getting really worried now. I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Annie?” She snapped back to life at my touch, but it wasn’t anything I expected.

“Oh Jjong!” she cried as she threw her arms around me. “I messed up. I messed up so bad. It was three years ago. I thought I could fix things. But then I saw him again and something came over me… I don’t know what’s wrong with me! I thought he was gone. I don’t ever want to see him again. You’re such a good person. I want to love you and give you my heart, but I can’t if someone else already has it,” she sobbed through her tears. She was clinging so tight to me that I thought she’d leave imprints!

I put my arms around her and held her close, rocking us back and forth. I had no idea what she was talking about, but I hated seeing her like this. “Annie, who is it? What did you do? What did HE do to YOU?” Her answer was the last thing I was expecting.

“I-i-i-it’s Key,” she squeaked.

“KEY?!”

We sat down on the bed and she (after calming down) told me the whole story. She said how she went to her sister’s college party and saw Key there. He looked so attractive and she made him drunk and did a bad thing with him. She thought it was over, but then he came back and she couldn’t control herself. There was something about Key that drove her crazy. She hated him for it. She told me that she made a move on him tonight. It was like a dagger in my heart, but I still listened closely to the story.

“I… I don’t want to feel like this toward him anymore, Jjong. I am sick of him. I hate him but I don’t know why I just…” she began to cry again. I scooted closer to her on the bed and wrapped my arms around her. We rocked back and forth again as I whispered comforting things in her ear.

Key is doing this to her. I don’t understand quite what he’s doing, but he needs to stop, and he will. I will make sure of it.

“Jonghyun…” she whispered pulling away.

“What is it?” I softly rested a hand on her cheek.

“I want to love you. Teach me how to love you.”

“I don’t know if that’s something I can teach…” I answered, brushing the hair out of her face.

“Just help me forget about Key. I feel like I’m trapped and-,”

I kissed her. I just flat out kissed her. I couldn’t take seeing her like this anymore. I wanted to get her out of this misery; show her how much love I could give her. So I finally just kissed her.

*Annie’s POV*

Each second of our kiss was like a little more of Key being erased from my mind. I put a hand on the back of Jonghyun’s head to make our kiss deeper. A tear rolled down my cheek. I saw all the images of Key, right before they burned away in my mind. I felt like each memory of Key was disappearing, one by one. I put my other hand up to his face, so that I was cupping it in my hands now.

Jjong wrapped his arms around me, pressing against my back to hold me close to him. He pushed me back so I was lying down on the bed, moving with me so as not to break our kiss. He was kneeling over me now. More tears rolled down my cheeks, bringing a salty taste into our kiss.

Things began to slow down. Our kisses grew more sweet and gentle. He played with my hair and gave me little kisses all over my face.

“Jjong,” I whispered.

“Yes?” he answered between butterfly kisses.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For helping me forget.” He pulled away and looked directly into my eyes as I spoke. “And, for showing me that there’s more than just one person for me out there.” I gently brushed my hand down his cheek, looking up at his smiling face.

“Annie, Key was only the beginning. There are so many people in the world that would love to make you their own. People who want to give all their love and time to you. People like me,” he finished in a soft voice, gently kissing my bottom lip.