Couple Sundaes

A Fangirl's Dream

*Carolyn’s POV*

“Ice creeeeam; we’re getting iceee creeeam,” Taemin sang as he pulled the car into a parking space outside the little ice cream shop. “With sprinkles and Reese’s and whipped cream… iceee creeeam!”

“Oh my gosh Taemin,” I laughed as I put my face in my hands in embarrassment.

“Ice cream is too good not to sing about!” he smiled energetically before stepping out of the vehicle.

He came around to help me with my crutches, even though I could’ve done it on my own. I knew things like this made the little maknae feel in control, which he loved, so I didn’t complain.

There was a line outside the ice cream window, so we had some time to kill while we waited.

“Should we get the same thing we had on our first date, or try something new?” Taemin asked as his eyes scanned over the menu posted on the wall.

“Hmmm, I’ll leave it up to you to decide this time,” I answered. Taemin always let me decide what we were having so I wanted to change things up a bit.

“Really? Well, I do love strawberry.”

My guess was because it reminded him of strawberry milk. Now if only they had banana ice cream here…

“How about a sundae with strawberry ice cream, hot fudge, rainbow sprinkles and whipped cream?”

“If that’s what you want, it’s fine with me,” I smiled.

He wrapped his arm around me and gave me a gentle squeeze.

“Why don’t you go find us a picnic table? You must be getting tired with those crutches.”

“Alright; I kind of am getting a little tired.”

“I’ll be right there,” Taemin smiled.

I hobbled over to a lone table away from the others so that Taemin and I could have some privacy. After propping my leg up I took a deep breath in of the fresh, country air. I was going to like being in the country. I’d always grown up in the city, so I going back wasn’t something I looked forward to.

My eyes drifted over the scene around me. Two little children were playing tag while their parents sat talking at one of the tables, finishing their ice cream. At another table was a young couple who I assumed was recently just married. When I had hobbled by they’d been discussing something about having a baby.

I can’t believe someday that’ll be me. I’ll have a husband, children… I’ll be old!

The thought of being old made me cringe, but then I figured that as long as I’m old along with my husband, everything would be fine.

I then caught sight of Taemin walking over to me with a big smile on his face and the sundae in his hands.

Will Taemin be the one that I grow old with? I can’t even imagine… we’d have a wedding and children; half Asian children! Oh gosh, I love Asian children. But, can I see that happening? Can I see myself LIVING with him within the next few months?

“One towering sundae for two awesome people,” Taemin said as he set the sundae in the middle of the table and handed me a spoon.

“Thanks,” I smiled at him and took the utensil.

We dug into the sundae and I was surprised by how amazing it tasted!

“From now on this is our couple sundae, okay?”

“Okay,” Taemin agreed with a laugh. “By the way,” he went on, reaching across the table to take my free hand in his. “Have you thought over what I asked you, about moving to Seoul with me?”

“I’ve thought about it, but I still don’t know.”

His smile faded at my answer. He’d obviously been expecting me to say that I’d go with him, but I just couldn’t make that decision right now.

“Oh, okay,” he went back to the ice cream.

“Let’s not talk about this now, okay? Let’s talk about something fun!” I suggested. “What are your plans for SHINee when you go back? Any exciting things coming up?”

“Oh! Well we have lots of interviews about our stay here in America, and then we’re jumping right back into practicing for a new album we’re planning on releasing this next spring or summer. But shhh, it’s a secret,” he winked.

“Oh, that’s awesome! Speaking of your music I must look into it much more. I know your popular ones, but I want to hear all of them!”

“Well, I have a question for you,” he said, taking another bite of the pink sundae.

“Yes?” I asked, raising an eye brow.

“If you weren’t a major Shawol before meeting us, why did you enter the contest? I know the other girls weren’t really huge Shawols either, so I always wondered why you guys were still interested.’

“Well, for me it was because I was willing to try anything to get away from my home. But to be honest I really did like the songs that I knew by you, and I thought it would be cool to meet any K-pop stars,” I explained.

“Ahh, so you were just using us!” he accused playfully.

“No! No I wasn’t-,”

“I’m just kidding,” he laughed. “Well if we weren’t your favorite group, then who was?”

“Well I really like Super Junior and B1A4, but I think my favorite at the time was F.T. Island.”

“Oh, they’re very good! All those groups are great, so I guess I can forgive you for not being a Shawol.”

“Oh, you’re to kind,” I said in a joking voice and placed a hand on my heart. “How can I ever repay you?”

“Well…” he quickly got up and scurried over to my side of the table and sat down next to me. “A kiss?”

“Hmm, I guess I can manage that,” I smirked before planting my lips on his. “How was that?”

“Mmmm, I think you should try it again. Maybe slower this time and put your arms around my neck.”

I did as he said and giggled just before our lips came together in a long, sweet, strawberry flavored kiss.