Chapter 2-Minatozaki Sana

Opposites Really Do Attract

"WHAT?! JYP HIGH SCHOOL?!" 

Sana nodded as she took a sip from her iced lemon tea that she so often drank these few days, giving a confused look to her best friend, Myoui Mina, who looked like someone had just informed her that her family had died from the way she reacted to Sana's statement.

"Why? What's wrong? I finally got my dream job as a teacher! Shouldn't you be happy for me?" Sana questioned her best friend as she thought about the job offer she had just took. She had always wanted to be a teacher ever since she was a child, and she finally got it, with a pretty decent amount of pay too. What could be so bad about that?

Mina, a teacher herself, just shook her head as she dug through her bag which contained reports on every school in South Korea as she was tasked to keep an eye on how every school was doing academically and in terms of competitions and discipline. 

Digging through the large pile of files she had in her bag, she finally got to the very bottom, where a jet black file laid with a giant red X on it. JYP High School.

"Read it." Mina said as she passed the report file to Sana, sighing as she wondered why she had such a clueless entity for a friend.

Sana tilted her head in curiosity when she saw the giant X on the cover page of the file. What in the world was so bad about this school? She had never really researched about the school when she took up the job offer, she just saw the words 'Teacher' and '$60000 per month', and she was already sold.

Opening up the files and flipping through the pages, Sana's eyes widened a bit when she saw the horrible reports that had been written about this school. Gang fights, and molestation cases, brutal beatings, and one girl below the age of 20 that police were already thinking about putting under arrest.

Sana's face turned as white as a sheet of paper after she finished reading the background of the school, lips quivering in fear already as she looked up at her best friend with shocked eyes. She was supposed to teach there?

Mina sighed again as she grabbed Sana's head and engulfed her in a tight hug. That was the least she could do as she patted Sana's back comfortingly, feeling pity for her fellow Japanese country mate. She had no idea how Sana was going to survive there, she was the most warm hearted and fragile girl that she had ever seen in her entire life, no way she could live that 'Hell Pit' that the education system had deemed it.

Thinking positively, or trying to at least, Sana broke out of the hug and forced out as big a smile as she could and shone it towards Mina's direction, sorting out her hair as she took a deep breath.

"I'm fine Mina! How bad can it be right!?"

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Way to go Sana..."

The middle aged lady laughed as she witnessed the clumsy move by Sana in front of her, bending down to help Sana pick up the files that she had dropped in her state of surprise.

"I'm so sorry!" Sana exclaimed, bowing many times with her face as red as a tomato."What a great first impression to give your new boss..." Sana muttered to herself.

The lady laughed again as she held Sana's shoulders to stop her from bowing anymore. Despite her high position as a Principal, she never liked the whole idea of people having to bow down to her. She found it incredibly uncomfortable.

"It's ok Miss Minatozaki! I'm Madam Park, Principal of JYP High School." Madam Park introduced herself as she stuck her hand out for Sana to shake, which the Japanese girl gladly did.

Madam Park led Sana into her office, where she gave her a brief rundown and welcome to the school. Sana was put in charge of Class 2E as the teacher resigned a few days ago and would teach them Japanese and Social Studies while being their form teacher.

"Now I'm sure you've heard about the bad reputation this school has..." Madam Park said as she opened her cupboard and took out the class registries of all classes in Level 2, flipping through them all to find 2E.

Sana gulped when she heard Madam Park bring up the school's rather stained public opinion. She honestly felt a bit scared at what was going on here, but was too shy to tell her new boss, especially on her first day.

"But I'd like to reassure you that it will all be fine. I have assigned the best possible teacher we have to be your mentor." Madam Park said reassuringly to Sana as she put on her glasses and ran her finger down the list of students of 2E.

Sana breathed a sigh of relief as she put a hand on her chest. She felt a bit more relaxed now that she knew she had gotten the best possible teacher the school could offer to guide her around.

Madam Park suddenly let out a little gasp of shock when she got down to the bottom of the 2E class list. Chou Tzuyu.

"Oh dear... you have Chou Tzuyu in your class."

Sana's eyes widened as she felt like someone had just choked her, letting out a cough as that name kept ringing in her head. Chou Tzuyu? The girl that fractured 19 skulls? Chou Tzuyu, the girl that sent a teacher to the hospital for simply pronouncing her name wrong? CHOU TZUYU?

"I'm gonna faint..." Sana thought in her mind as her world started to go a little fuzzy, squirrels starting to spin around in her head as she felt her heart beat faster.

Madam Park let out a sigh as she gave Sana a sympathetic look, taking out a lanyard with her Teacher's Pass attached to it as she gave Sana a pat on the shoulder that was more like a gesture of apology.

"Your mentor will be waiting outside for you." Madam Park said to her new employee with a motherly smile, wishing her the best of luck as she knew she would need it.

Sana stood up and bowed again, thanking her new boss before leaving the office to meet her new mentor. She was expecting to see a dashing burly man waiting outside for her, but instead...

There stood a very young blonde haired girl that looked almost the exact same age as Sana herself, stuffing her face silly with pork trotters while scrolling through her phone.

Sana raised one eyebrow as her face fell into complete disappointment. This was the best teacher they had? Seriously?

The blonde haired girl looked up and Sana staring at her with a rather disgusted expression on her face. Embarrassed, the girl quickly took a napkin and wiped with it before rushing over to the rookie teacher that she was supposed to take care of.

"Minatozaki Sana?" The girl had a very unique voice to say the least. It was cute but kind of husky and gave off a sense of being the girl being rather clueless. She also had an accent that Sana would recongise anywhere, this girl was from Kyoto.

Sana slowly nodded as the eyes of the girl in front of her lit up as brightly as her blonde locks, sticking her hand out eagerly as she hopped up and down a little bit in excitement.

"Momo! Hirai Momo! Pleasure to meet you!"

 

Author Note:

Hey guys! Hope you all liked this chapter! Awww will our little Sana be safe in this hell hole of a school? Fret not because Momo is here to save the day! Hope you all enjoyed this little chapter! Sorry if it isn't very good, my computer froze and my whole chapter got deleted, so I had to rewrite it -_- but I hope it turned out okay!

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!