Chapter 39- The Crew

Opposites Really Do Attract

"They should be right... Here."

Momo smiled after she turned the corner and saw a familiar group of young adults sitting together at the cafe they always hung out at, engaging in some light conversations with joyous laughter being shared between them.

Yasogami High was the school they attended formerly, donning the uniforms even though they were much too old to be wearing them any more.

A grey haired male teenager sipping on tea, a black haired girl fanning herself in her subtle red uniform, a short haired girl in a green tracksuit fighting another spiky haired boy with headphones around his neck over a drink that they thought belonged to each other, and a blonde boy with piercings all over his face talking shyly to another short blue haired guy, who had a detective's cap over his head and giving a light smile to the punk looking boy next to her.

An interesting group of people to say the least.

"Yu-kun! Yukiko-san! Chie-san! Yosuke-kun! Kanji-kun! Naoto-san!" Momo called out enthusiastically, a smile so wide on her face it could have easily been mistaken for a crescent moon.

The whole crew all turned to face Momo and they all let out a cheer, getting off their seat and engulfing their friend in a group hug, the girl named Chie was particularly clingy.

Sana stood awkwardly behind them, standing like a statue whilst she silently regretted the choice of putting Nayeon in a hospital first.

"There's our favourite delinquent. Kanji's missed you, he didn't have a vandal buddy anymore." The boy named Yu said with a laugh, pointing at the boy who had piercings on his face who just let out a laugh and put his hand in a fist bump action, one Momo gladly returned.

"My goodness Momo you've gotten fatter! Have you been eating meat without me?!" The girl named Chie yelled out rather loudly, her eyes in mock anger as a laugh escaped her lips, a laugh that Momo shared as she pulled on the green tracksuit Chie donned slightly.

"Good to have you back partner!" Naoto and Yukiko both said at the same time, simultaneously sticking their hands out before a laugh escaped their mouths.

"Good to see you both again too!" Momo said with a cheeky grin, shaking both their hands, gripping Yukiko's a little tighter before Yukiko promptly noticed and smacked her hand away, shaking her head and wiping her hand on her red blouse while Naoto just adjusted her hat.

Sana was even more uncomfortable now, but found the scene of Momo reuniting with her old pals rather moving, so she just sat back in an empty chair and smiled at the heartwarming sight.

Yu noticed Sana sitting by herself and chuckled, patting Momo's shoulder and pointing at Sana's direction.

"Care to introduce us to your friend? She looks a little lonely."

Momo turned around and smacked her forehead when she saw Sana looking back at her with an angry pout. She had totally forgotten about the squirrel look-a-like.

"My bad, her name is Minatozaki Sana." Momo introduced, gesturing towards Sana who promptly stood up and gave a deep bow to Momo's friends, who all understood since it was a common greeting in Japan.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Sana."

Momo's group of friends bowed to Sana too, giving her a friendly smile before starting to introduce themselves for real.

"I'm Yu Narukami, the somewhat unofficial leader of this group here." Yu said with a laugh, pointing to the girl in the red blouse and black leggings, who introduced herself next.

"Yukiko Amagi, pleasure to meet you. My family does run the Amagi Inn, so should you go traveling, don't hesitate to visit." Yukiko said with a sweet smile.

"Chie Satanoka! Ferocious meat lover and Kung-Fu master! Nice to meat you!" Chie said with a pun that made everyone at the table groan except for Sana, who found it funny.

"At least she understands my jokes!" Chie said with a pout.

"Whatever. I'm Yosuke Hanamura. I work at the Junes shopping mall around the corner. Nice to meet you." Yosuke said smoothly, trying to pull off the cool look by sipping his cola but he ended up spilling it all over the floor, gaining a snort from Chie.

"Real lady killer aren't you?" Chie said sarcastically, rolling her eyes while Yosuke just cleaned up the mess he created with a red face.

The piercing laden boy was up next.

"Kanji Tastumi. Nice to meet you. I could probably sew up that tear you have in your sweater." Kanji pointed out, pointing out the slight tear that Sana had in her pink sweater, which made Sana tilt her head in curiousity.

"Underneath that rough exterior appearance lies a rather delicate man. I'm Naoto Shirogane, Detective. Do not be fooled by my hair for I am indeed a female." Naoto said with a small laugh, able to read the confused thoughts in Sana's head.

Sana blinked multiple times and stared hard at Naoto, blushing when she did realise that she was indeed a girl.

"Right, sorry..."

Yu cleared and gathered everyone together, stealing a chair from another table without the couple sitting there noticing.

"Anyways, why did you call us here? We know we have to save someone though. That's our day job after all." Yu said with a smirk, finishing the last of his tea before folding his arms and looking at Momo and Sana, who looked distressed after being reminded of the grave situation Tzuyu was in.

"Long story short, we're going to the main headquarters of the Yoo Gang, they took one of our students and we have to get her back." Momo explained.

"The Yoo Gang? Those guys are small fries! They don't stand a chance against us!" Kanji scoffed, blowing a piece of dust off his hand as if that little dust ball was the Yoo Gang.

Yu gave a small smile and a nod before standing up, the rest of the crew standing up along with him.

"Looks like we're back in action. You in?" Yu looked at Momo, who just gave a grin.

"I always am."

Yu smiled before gesturing towards the exit of the cafe, where his friends quickly followed him.

Momo grabbed Sana's shaking arm and squeezed it gently, giving Sana a reassuring look and a comforting smile.

"Sana. I trust these guys with my lives. They'll get the job done. WE will get the job done. I have some experience in this field myself." Momo said with a slight chuckle, her blonde ponytail swaying left to right as the fierce wind blew above them.

Suddenly a loud yell was heard emerging from behind them, and Momo turned around to see Yu holding up her old Yasogami High uniforms, their official outfits for every time they were about to do battle.

"Remember this?"

Momo grinned widely before walking over to Yu, her hand still attached to Sana's before taking her old uniform and looking at it proudly.

"Hell yeah, let's do this."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

*clink* *clink*

Tzuyu hung from a chain in an empty white room, her body battered and bloody, cuts and bruises everywhere on her strong body with her clothes ripped from knives that had swung her way, cuts on her cheeks that forced out pained cries that were being recorded, and her eyes black from the numerous punches she received from random men who saw her as a punching bag. Her face had lost all colour, drained after 3 days of starvation. The only food she got from the first two days was leftover bread from the garbage bin.

Jungyeon now entered the room with a happy sigh, sipping on a can of beer before crushing it and throwing it at Tzuyu's face, gaining a hiss of pain as alcohol came into contact with her raw wounds.

"Now think about it Chou Tzuyu. Was this really all worth it?" Jungyeon asked, stepping in front of Tzuyu mockingly before kicking her in her food deprived stomach, blood immediately spilling from Tzuyu's mouth as she felt her abs ache with a dull pain.

"... You..." Tzuyu spat more blood in Jungyeon's face, barely able to speak with deprived of water and her body lacking in nutrients.

Jungyeon slowly wiped the blood off her face and smirked before whistling loudly.

"Boys! You can have her!"

Several buff men appeared from the shadows and laughed evilly, cracking their knuckles as their favourite punching bag became available to them again.

"Have fun." Jungyeon slapped Tzuyu on the face before leaving the room with the door slammed shut, locking it as the men came closer and closer towards her.

"Come at me." Tzuyu said with a smirk, before she was greeted with a flurry of hard punches and kicks that sent her gasping for air, the pain becoming numb to her at this point as she felt her vision slowly start to fade.

"This can't be compared to the pain Nayeon-unnie felt..."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"What a ty hideout."

Kanji scoffed again when the crew pulled up at a grey mansion, being able to track their hideout since Naoto was a Detective and had been doing some spy work of her own.

Momo had just finished getting changed into her unifo- Battle attire, taking a while since the outfit was getting a little small. Maybe she really was getting fatter.

"Get your weapons guys." Yu ordered, opening the car boot and revealing a large arsenal of weaponry, ranging from assault rifles to grenades. 

But strangely enough, the crew burst into laughter when they saw the weapons, puzzling Sana.

"Huh? Aren't you all going to-"

Yu pulled out a Katana from behind his jacket, unsheathing it as he held it against the very faint sun but it's blade still somehow finding a way to shine.

Yosuke took out two daggers from his pocket and grinned cheekily, twirling them around his fingers.

Naoto took out an old Western revolver from her coat and cocked it.

Yukiko took out her fan again. But this time, sharp knives replaced the metal support wires in the middle.

Chie and Kanji just cracked their knuckles. Their fists could do the talking.

Momo took out a pair of nunchucks and spun them around, nearly hitting Sana on the head who ducked and stared at Momo angrily.

"Stick close to us alright? I promise we'll get Tzuyu out safe." Momo said firmly to Sana, who's anger disappeared instantly at the mention of Tzuyu's name.

"What if she's-She's..." 

Sana began to cry softly, and the crew looked at her with sympathetic eyes before starting to scout the area for any entrances they could use without being caught.

"Momo, we'll look for a good spot to break in. Try and calm Sana-chan down in the meantime." Yu said, gaining a nod from Momo.

Grabbing Sana's shoulders, Momo looked straight into Sana's eyes.

"Look, I know a fact that Tzuyu will be hurt in there. There's no doubt about it. But-"

Momo was cut off with Sana's distressed squeal, but she continued on anyway.

"But she's a strong girl. You know that yourself. She will take it, for Nayeon. And believe it or not, for you too."

Sana looked up at Momo confused, wondering what she meant with those last few words.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

Momo laughed at Sana's cute puppy eyes, patting her nose before shaking her head.

"Look, if she didn't tell you anything, I'm not going to. But let's just say she told me some pretty interesting stuff." Momo said vaguely, confusing Sana even more.

Before she could ask anymore questions however, she was interrupted by a hiss from the bushes ahead, and Sana and Momo could see Yukiko gesturing for them to go to their location.

"Crack in the wall, elementary mistake." Naoto said with a shake of her head.

"Sana, here's the plan. We'll take care of all the fighting, you go and find your friend. BUT. Until we find her and are absolutely sure of our safety, stick close to us alright? Never leave Momo's side. She'll be your guardian angel." Yu ordered in a stern tone, his eyes burning with so much authority and determination that it even made Sana quiver a little.

"Ye-yes sir." Sana croaked, Chie giggling a little at Sana's behaviour.

Yu nodded, and looked inside the crack to check for any guards. Thankfully there were none.

"Let's go!"

The crew slowly snuck inside the mansion, walking on their tiptoes and their eyes constantly looking around for people.

Sana closed her eyes and started to pray under her breath.

"Please be safe Tzuyu."

All of a sudden, a loud alarm rang through the courtyard, and hundreds of henchmen appeared from out of nowhere and surrounded the crew in no time.

"Haha! Did you think I was that stupid to not think you guys would send a rescue team for your poor Tzuyu?" Jungyeon's voice rang through the speakers around the house.

Yu drew his Katana.

Yosuke took out his dual daggers.

Yukiko opened her fan.

Naoto cocked her revolver.

Chie and Kanji cracked their knuckles.

Momo spun her nunchucks.

Sana screamed like a baby.

"LET'S FIGHT!!!!!!!"

 

Author Notes:

Wow. This is by far the longest chapter I've written XD But I just had so much fun writing this one! Hope you all enjoyed this rather *long* update!

Let me know if you guys like the Persona characters! Personally I find them to be fun additions to the story thus far! If you all like them , I may add them in the story as side characters and they could play some interesting roles! I already have something planned ;) but all of your feedback still means the most!

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!

 

Image result for Persona 4

The Persona crew! Besides the bear and the girl with red hair, the rest are all in! Green jacket is Chie, red blouse is Yukiko, then it's Yosuke, Yu stands in the middle, next is Rise who miight appear later on, then it's Naoto with the blue hat and finally Kanji! So now you guys know what they look like!