Chapter 76- Checkup

Opposites Really Do Attract

"Omo, I'm hungry again."

It was around 11pm at night, and all the girls were hanging out in Nayeon's room, with Momo reading a magazine, Nayeon organising her makeup drawer with Sana helping her out since she had a strong passion for cosmetics, and Tzuyu playing with her hair next to Momo.

"Who's hungry?" Nayeon asked, turning around and seeing Momo with her hand raised, and a cheeky grin on her face while she rubbed her stomach with her other hand.

Sana smiled and put down the lipstick she was trying out, turning to Nayeon and clapping her hands.

"Do you cook, Nayeon?"

The girl smiled, and nodded as she walked over to her fiancee and kissed her forehead.

"What would my dearest Moguri," Nayeon now kissed Tzuyu on the forehead, "Tzuyu," she walked over to Sana and kissed her forehead, which made the girl squeal. "And Sana like me to cook for them? The kitchen has almost everything." Nayeon grinned.

Tzuyu leapt up and hopped on the spot excitedly. She hadn't eaten Nayeon's homecooked food in ages, mainly because she refused to eat in the first place, so Nayeon decided to just buy food from outside for Tzuyu, even though Nayeon hated doing so.

"I haven't ate any of your meat in forever. I want to eat your signature grilled chicken again." 

"Sure thing my baby Tzuyu." Nayeon smiled, patting Tzuyu's cheeks gently which made the younger girl squirm in pleasure.

Sana smiled. Nayeon had grown to become a very motherly figure, even Tzuyu seemed normal around her. She also felt like she could trust Nayeon with anything, and that quality was rare nowadays.

"Alright, I'll get started! You guys can wait in here till the food's done!"

The door closed, and that left the three girls inside on their own, playing among themselves.

Nayeon heard the three start joking away in the room, and she laughed when she heard Momo crack one of the lamest jokes in the world.

"Oh Moguri."

Suddenly, a searing headache popped up in Nayeon's head, which made the girl grunt and fall to the floor, the pain almost unbearable. It felt like a bomb of needles just went off in her head, and that was something she hadn't felt before.

"What the..."

Nayeon got to her feet, shaking her head and shrugging it off, thinking of it as just a one off.

And hopefully it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Food's ready girls!"

Momo, Sana and Tzuyu, who were all playing a game of Shoot, Kiss, Marry, heard the call from the kitchen and began making their way there, not before Sana started screaming at Momo for her choices though.

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN CHEWY, YOU AND MINA! YAH!"

The girls entered the kitchen, and wowed when they saw all the delicious food awaiting them.

Nayeon, hiding a bottle of painkillers behind her back, smiled and kissed the girls on their foreheads, anxious to go back to her room and call her doctor.

"Enjoy!"

She dashed back to her room, letting the girls eat her cooking before she ran to the room and picked up her phone, looking for her favourite doctor's number nervously.

"Jungyeon-ah? Yeah it's me, Nayeon. Sorry for calling so late but,"

"Can you arrange an appointment for me tomorrow?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon woke up early the next day, getting ready quietly and quickly so she wouldn't wake up her soon to be family. She had spent the whole night praying, hoping that nothing was wrong with her.

"Please, if there ever was a god..."

After putting on some light makeup and wearing a comfortable attire, Nayeon got in her car and headed off to the hospital where one of her best friends, Yoo Jungyeon, one of the most famous doctors in Korea, worked at.

Taking a deep breath, and uttering one last prayer, she headed into the lobby and walked to the reception counter, telling her that she had booked an appointment with Jungyeon, which surprised the receptionist since her appointments were usually quite expensive and rare.

"She'll be on the 6th floor."

Nayeon nodded and grabbed her waiting room number, thanking the receptionist before taking the elevator up to the floor she was supposed to go to.

She was nervous, she really was. What if it was something serious? She didn't want to worry Sana, Tzuyu and especially Momo. She was supposed to be the strong figure in the house, the mother. She had to be there for them, at all times.

*Ting*

Nayeon had reached the floor.

Feeling a sense of dread, Nayeon headed down to the door at the very end, where a white door with a name plaque, Yoo Jungyeon, rested. It was quite a bustling floor, with nurses, patients all busy doing their own things. But Jungyeon's area was very quiet, which made sense, since she was only called for the most difficult and dangerous cases.

Reaching out her arm, Nayeon knocked on the door of her best friend's workplace, and a voice she knew well responded.

"Come on in Nabongs, I know it's you."

Feeling more comforted, Nayeon came in and shot an annoyed look at Jungyeon, who stuck her tongue out at her friend.

"What's the deal today Miss Im?" Jungyeon asked, a lollipop in as she looked through various files of cancer patients.

Sighing, Nayeon shrugged her shoulders and started to explain what was wrong with her.

"I got a huge headache yesterday, like a bomb went off in my head or something. It was awful."

Jungyeon took out the lollipop in , staring at Nayeon with a frown on her face before gesturing for her to head to the X-Ray machine in her office, which she required due to the usually intensive cases she took.

"Lemme see what's going on..."

Nayeon sat behind the screen, praying that Jungyeon wouldn't find anything unusual inside.

Jungyeon stared at the machine for a while, nodding her head before telling Nayeon to come out from behind the screen.

"Sit down and open your mouth."

The doctor fed Nayeon some medicines, which did nothing but make Nayeon gag at how bad they tasted. She hated medicine.

Soon, the results were printed out from the X-Ray, and Jungyeon took them, observing the results while the lollipop danced in .

Nayeon clenched her fists, hoping that there would be nothing wrong.

Jungyeon put down the film, and let out a deep sigh.

Nayeon's heart sank.

"Yah, Im Nayeon, this isn't funny. What did you do?"

Throwing the film to one side, Jungyeon leaned forward to her friend and shook her head.

"You have a very serious case of..."

Nayeon bit her lip.

"Stupidity. There's nothing wrong with you, pabo!"

Jungyeon flicked Nayeon's forehead and slapped her cheek before running back to her chair, looking through her files like nothing had happened.

A wave of relief washed through the long haired girl, a smile immediately growing up on her face.

But, there was one thing she didn't take too kindly too.

"YAH! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A PABO?!"

Jungyeon laughed, throwing a new lollipop at Nayeon which somehow ended up perfectly in Nayeon's mouth, making the girl keep quiet.

"We'll have coffee later, pabo."

Grumbling, Nayeon just sat down and twirled the lollipop in .

"I'm not a pabo..."