Chapter 45- Explanation

Opposites Really Do Attract

"You.. You what?"

Sana's eyes widened in shock, her shoulder soaked from Tzuyu's tears that were free falling like a waterfall, feeling all the hairs on her neck stand when she heard Tzuyu's confession.

The green haired girl let out a sniff, wiping the tears away from her eyes before grabbing Sana's cheeks.

"Sana-chan. I remember you. All this time I remembered you. The moment I saw you I knew who you were."

The confusion that settled in Sana's chest began to disappear and soon be replaced with a wave of relief and joy. She had finally got the precious child which she took care of in the past back.

"Oh my Zi Yu... I finally got you..." Sana crumbled to her knees, tears forming in her eyes before hugging Tzuyu again, the younger girl hugging her back enthusiastically.

They stayed like that for a while, hugging each other while they let the memories that they shared flow by in their head.

All the happy times. The ice rink, when they hung out afterwards to eat ice cream, the games they played at the park after Tzuyu got out of her Junior School and ran over to Mina asking her where her 'Sana-chan' was, they all came back to mind.

Sana pulled out of the hug first, giving Tzuyu a smile before taking a deep breath, a stern look now forming on Sana's face.

"You have a lot of questions to answer Miss Chou."

Tzuyu let out a chuckle before nodding. She was ready to answer every question Sana had to ask. It was good to let this all off her chest anyway.

"First, why did you tell Momo that you remembered me? You didn't even tell Nayeon. Why Momo?"

Tzuyu smiled again before sighing, shaking her head when she remembered what events transpired.

"I'll tell, but it's a long story..."

*FLASHBACK*

"CHOU TZUYU!!!"

The mentioned girl groaned when she heard that voice call her out from behind, yanking the hood of her head before turning to face her arch rival.

"What do you want Hirai Momo?"

Momo took out her phone and shoved it in Tzuyu's face. It showed a picture of what Tzuyu had written on the tree at the back of the school.

Tzuyu's eyes widened in shock, trying to grab Momo's phone away from her before wagging her finger at the taller girl, smirking before putting her phone away.

"Tell me. What does Miss Minatozaki, or should I say, Sana, mean to you?"

A glare full of venom was all Momo got back from Tzuyu, who gritted her teeth and went face to face with Momo.

"No. ing. Way."

Momo smirked, getting closer to Tzuyu's face before pinning her against the wall, making sure nobody else was around to arrest her for student assault.

"I beat you once, I'll beat you again." Momo threatened, grabbing Tzuyu's pressure point and squeezing it hard, causing Tzuyu to wince in pain before tapping on the wall, a sign in fighting that meant she gave up.

"Fine... I'll tell you."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sana gulped, feeling even more scared of Momo now before she cleared , realising that Tzuyu didn't fully answer her question.

"But that doesn't explain why you didn't tell Nayeon!"

Tzuyu laughed. "She's the biggest mouth I know, she would have told you for sure. With Momo, at least I can trust her. Fighter's Code." 

Sana shook her head again before loading up with another question. The biggest question of them all. The one she wanted no matter what.

"Okay... then why did you act like you didn't remember me?"

Tzuyu smiled, bringing Sana to a bench nearby and watching her sit before starting her explanation.

"Remember when I saved you on the first day?"

Sana racked her brain a little before nodding, a sweet smile forming on her face as she replayed the events of her first day at her new job.

"Well, you don't what I did after I saved you..."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

*FLASHBACK*

"! WHY IS SHE HERE!?"

Tzuyu stuffed the boy she had just beat up in a locker, slamming it shut and locking it before leaning against the wall, her heart pounding like crazy as she took as many deep breaths as she could.

", the one person I didn't want to meet at all costs..." Tzuyu groaned, cursing her bad luck before peeking out from the corner and seeing Nayeon talk to Sana.

Tzuyu thought about the way she reacted when she saw Sana being ually assaulted by that guy, blushing when she realised how protective she got.

Pulling her hood over her head, Tzuyu took a deep breath before her eyes turned into the dark and dead eyes they were before.

"I don't know her."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

............................................................................................................................................................................................

"You selfish meanie! You didn't want to acknowledge me because you wanted to be all tough!" Sana exclaimed, a huge pout forming on her face as she punched Tzuyu on the shoulder, gaining a sad laugh from Tzuyu who was now looking at the floor.

"I wish that was really the reason..."

Sana's pout evolved into a frown, putting her hand on Tzuyu's shoulder and looking into her eyes, softly asking Tzuyu for the real reason.

"It's okay, Please, tell me..."

Tzuyu sighed before kicking a stone away with her foot, the bandage on her arm really irritating her now as she turned to look at Sana with a smile so sad it made Sana's heart break a little.

"I didn't want you to know what happened to me. I don't want you knowing that Zi Yu got and transformed into the demon I am now. I was scared, scared you wouldn't accept me. That you'd be disgusted and push me away like all my other friends did. I could lose them, but I can't lose you Sana-chan. I can't. Your far too precious for me to lose. So I acted, acted like Zi Yu was dead and that Tzuyu was who I really was. But that facade can only last so long. When you came with that picture, I was done. I lost it... I knew I had to confess to you soon, and now I've done it."

Sana was in tears after hearing what Tzuyu had been going through. Grabbing her neck and pulling her in for a hug again, Sana gently hit Tzuyu's head, exactly like a teacher scolding her student should.

"Silly you... why would I ever push you away..."

They stayed in each other's arms for a long time, forgetting about time passing until a security guard came and booted them out of the garden.

"Teenagers these days..." the man sighed, adjusting his cap and shaking his head.

Sana and Tzuyu giggled.

 

Author Notes:

Well.... Now you all know the reason why Tzuyu had done all she did. Hope you all liked it!

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!