Chapter 25- You Remind Me...

Opposites Really Do Attract

"Hey I have to head back to class now Miss Minatozaki, please help me keep an eye on Tzuyu."

Sana nodded at Nayeon, who flashed a small smile before exiting the basketball court, rushing back to her classroom for Geography class, which she was going to be late for. She didn't want to ruin her streak of being on time for every class, and she knew she could leave Tzuyu in Sana's hands.

Taking a look to her right, Sana was surprised to see that Tzuyu was sitting up, glaring straight at her with indescribable emotions flaring through her eyes. It seemed to be a mix of anger, worry and fear all at once, all those emotions being put into the scary glare that Tzuyu was giving Sana now.

"You.... You know about..." Tzuyu gritted her teeth as her lip started to twitch again. Sana was the last person she wanted knowing about her past, about that infamous PJ-15 case that had never been talked about again. 

Sana nodded slowly as she took a step towards Tzuyu, who took a step back every time Sana came closer to her, eventually backing herself into the wall.

"Please.. Tzuyu... If you ever need anyone-"

"I know I won't be asking you."

Tzuyu turned around and ran outside the door, slamming it shut behind her, leaving an upset and frustrated Sana in the now empty court, the basketball Tzuyu put on the bench falling off and bouncing slowly towards Sana's feet.

Sana's eyes started to water, taking out her handkerchief and wiping her eyes as she took several breaths to try and calm herself down. She wanted to help Tzuyu. She really did. Hearing about Tzuyu's tragic past only further motivated Sana to break that wall Tzuyu had built around herself, and bring her to that cheery girl she knew was buried in there somewhere. Well, that's what Nayeon told her at least, and she wanted to believe it. 

"It's my job as a teacher to nuture my students to be the best they can be..." Sana muttered to herself, trying to give some self motivation before exiting the basketball court too, heading back to the staff room. She really needed to talk to Mina and Momo now.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Stupid  Minatozaki...."

Tzuyu ran through the corridors of JYP High School at light speed, not really knowing where she was going, letting her legs take her wherever they felt like as she blew by class after class after class, seeing all kinds of students flash by her, including Nayeon, who she quickly escaped from since she was angry that she had told Sana about her history.

In her rush however, Tzuyu's phone dropped out of her pocket, landing with a thud in front of a female first year, who picked it up and saw Tzuyu running away.

"Miss girl in a hoodie! You dropped something!" The girl's loud voice boomed through the empty corridor, her voice being so powerful that it felt like a shockwave had hit Tzuyu in the back. 

Turning around, Tzuyu was about to beat the living daylights of whoever had called her by such a stupid name, rolling up her sleeves but stopping halfway when she saw who it was.

"Oh... You..."

Eunji trotted towards Tzuyu with a smile, holding out the older girl's phone in her hands as if she was holding a tray, with Tzuyu taking it from her hesitantly, trying to smile at least a little as a reply to the massive one Eunji had on her face, but she couldn't. It was as if she lost all control of her facial muscles.

"Are you ok Miss Hoodie?" Eunji asked innocently, noticing that Tzuyu was looking quite upset at that in that point of time, finding Tzuyu's strangely blank expression on her face being quite scary too.

Tzuyu tried to reply to Eunji, but again felt as though a lock was put on it, not being able to move it for the life of her as she suddenly felt tears well up in her eyes, turning away from her junior and wiping them away since she didn't want to show any kind of weakness to anyone except Nayeon. That was the wall Tzuyu had built, trying to act strong and tough in front of everyone when in reality she was far from that. Physical feats could do nothing to hide the pain she kept in her heart every moment in her life.

Eunji saw Tzuyu starting to tear up and gasped in shock, not knowing about Tzuyu's situation as she held onto her arm, wrapping her little fingers against Tuzyu's strong wrist to try and help comfort her. And for some reason it did, there was a sort of feeling that Tzuyu got when Eunji touched her. Not the damn electrical zap she got whenever Sana touched her, but the kind of feeling an older sister would have when her younger sister held her hand.

"Mommy told me that I have to do my best to make everyone around me happy." Eunji said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a heart shaped origami that she made herself during art class, putting it in Tzuyu's hand.

Tzuyu looked down slowly at the sweet little piece of art Eunji gave her, finally being able to crack a smile as she said her first words ever to a junior.

"Thank you."

Eunji smiled brightly, nodding her head excitedly and showing off a beautiful eyesmile, surprising Tzuyu a little since she had never seen someone's eyes turn into moons like that before. Well, maybe Miss Hwang, her English teacher, had it too. But she made Miss Hwang cry more than smile most of the time, so she didn't see it often.

"I took your seat at 1E right Miss Chou Tzuyu?" Eunji asked with a curious smile on her face.

Tzuyu was taken aback at the fact that Eunji recongised her. She had never talked or made eye contact with her before, except for that one time where they glanced at each other when Tzuyu was terrorising classes.

"How did you know?"

Eunji dug into her other pocket and took out a picture, which was of Tzuyu smiling brightly and posing in front of a ice rink.

"You left this underneath the table."

Tzuyu took the picture from Eunji and gasped a little when she noticed a certain figure that was lingering in the background of that photo, her face crystal clear as she was caught in the focus of the picture.

"Why is Minatozaki in this picture..."

The bell rang loudly at that moment and Eunji jumped a little, turning to Tzuyu and smiling again before running back to her class.

"Bye Miss Tzuyu!"

Tzuyu smiled and waved back to Eunji, who turned back into her classroom and disappeared.

Ignoring the familiar face in the background of her old photo, Tzuyu pocketed it before walking back to her classroom with a very tiny smile, pulling her hood over her head again.

"What a sweet girl..."

Tzuyu sighed as she looked up at the bright blue sky above her, the sun shining straight into her eyes.

"Reminds me a little of myself last year...."

 

Author Notes:

So I'm trying out a new font for the first time! I hope you all like it! I think it looks really good!

Tzuyu and Eunji have finally met! And for those who are wondering, no she will not be a love rival for Sana. At most, she can become Tzuyu's much needed little sister :) but I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! This saga, it will begin to uncover Tzuyu's tragic past.... And who will be the one to uncover it ;)

ALSO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PEACH HIRAI MOMO!!!

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!