Chapter 87- Operation JM

Opposites Really Do Attract

"I want that shirt! Unnie! Shirt! SHIRRRRRRRT!"

Yuju hung her head, resigned to her fate after her pesky work mates, SinB and Umji, were clambering all over her, picking things at random all over different shelves in every single clothing store that they passed by. The shopping mall they were in was huge of course, which did not make things any easier. There were very little people surprisingly, considering the bustling nature of Singapore's night life. Nayeon attributed it to the fact that it was a working day.

Jihyo decided to play nice and not buy anything, claiming that she won the Treasure Hunt 'for the experience'. The real reason was because Tzuyu was giving her a rather... cold look while gripping extra hard on the leg of a table. That gave Jihyo PTSD flashbacks, so she decided to drop the shopping spree that she had planned out. Instead, she headed to the arcade with Mina, which was a mistake. 

She got obliterated in every game, and Mina kept making her play every game in the arcade at least 5 times to show her dominance. 

"I'm the Alpha Male! Muahahaha!"

In the meantime, Nayeon and Momo were chilling at an ice cream shop, with Momo ordering a stack of random flavours that grew so high it covered her face, a common theme when Momo was allowed to choose the amount of servings that she could have on a plate.

"Ice cream, please don't urge me~ I'll let you be eaten by me~"

Right when Momo was about to take a huge bite of the almond filled goodness in front of her, it was ripped away from her at the speed of light from no other than...

"IM NAYEON!!!!"

Thus ensued a shopping mall chase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, you got me!"

Nayeon returned the ice cream which she had stolen from the very red faced Momo, who was in considerably bad shape after not going to the gym for a month, and lazing around at home since her dance school was undergoing renovation.

"Man... I need to hit the treadmill..."

With another grin, Nayeon took out her phone and took a picture of the derpy expression Momo had in her face, her tongue out while her hair was splayed all over her face. Thank goodness the mall was rather well air conditioned, or else Momo would look ridiculous.

"Blackmail material!" Nayeon laughed, showing Momo the picture which made the girl's face even redder than before.

Before the onslaught of Japanese curse words was about to occur, Nayeon took off running, waving frantically while having an annoyingly sweet smile on her face.

"Enjoy your ice cream, heading to the bathroom~!"

Tutting, Momo gritted her teeth and sat down on a bench, chewing away at an ice cream that was soon becoming a milkshake.

Hiding behind a wall, Nayeon turned to make sure that Momo wasn't following her, which she wasn't since A, she wanted her ice cream, and B, she was too tired to even bother.

She her phone and dialed her younger sister, tapping her foot impatiently on the floor.

"It's nearly time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How about this one?"

Sana was having Tzuyu sniff various perfumes, spraying some on her hand and making the tall girl smell almost every single one in the shop, which Tzuyu swore was making her nostrils bigger.

"No, that smells like a dead cat." Tzuyu winced, taking her nose away from the smell which she found extremely pungent.

Sana was quite the opposite, thinking it smelled fantastic, but she chose to pursure another line of questioning.

"And how would you know what a dead cat smells like?"

"Uhh..."

Before Tzuyu started to tell her story on how she knew what a dead cat smelled like, her phone started ringing. 

'Rabbit Unnie'

"Oh, I have a call to take Sana-chan, be right back." Tzuyu walked out the store, cringing at how much her phone bill was going to explode from taking calls when she was overseas.

"Is it time?"

"You bet."

Tzuyu looked back and saw that Sana was still testing out random samples, which further emphasised how much she looked like a Shiba Inu from the way she was sniffing her paw- whoops, hands.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes. Tell Sowon she can start the Operation now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where in the world is she?"

Those were the same 5 words muttered by two girls, who were both waiting for their special ones in different places, one at a bench, the other in a perfume store.

Finishing the last of her cone, Momo got up from her bench and took a step forward, ready to look for Nayeon when all of a sudden, all the lights in mall turned off.

"What the?!"

Momo could hear Sana's shrill screech from just behind her, and she whipped around to try and identify where the scream came from.

The scream came to her instead though, when Sana ran straight into Momo.

"OOF!"

Both girls toppled, one forwards, the other backwards, onto the floor, barely able to make out each other's faces.

"Sana!"

"Momo!"

The two hugged each other, glad they found each other. After much scuffling and touching in the wrong areas, the two managed to link hands, trying to find their way around the mall.

"What happened?"

The Japanese duo turned a corner, when a blinding light suddenly , both covering their eyes at the sudden drastic change in lighting.

"Huh...?"

A light jazzy tune played, the sounds of soft pianos starting to fill up the mall.

One more light shined from above, and there sat Mina, playing a piano in the middle of the pathway.

"Mina?"

Sana and Momo took several steps forward when the lights all went off again, confusing the girls even more.

"What is going on?!"

Now, a gentle orange light shined from above, and there were two girls standing, not recongisable due to the masks they had on their faces, and the blankets that draped their body.

"Love one another and you'll be happy, it's as simple as that."

 "I take you to be my best friend, my faithful partner, and my one true love. I promise to encourage you and inspire you and to love you truly through good times and bad."

 "I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together."

 "From this day forward, you shall not walk alone. My heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home."

"Now, at last, they were beginning chapter one of the great stories no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before."

 "Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite."

These words were said through gentle voices that Sana and Momo knew all too well, despite the slight muffle from the masks they donned. With each word that was said, the two girls took a step closer and closer to the two figures draped underneath a cloak, smiles growing wider and wider as they did. 

When the series of touching words had ended, Sana and Momo were standing directly in front of the two hooded figures.

They removed their disguises, and there stood the two girls that Sana and Momo knew too well.

Nayeon and Tzuyu kneeled down, both on one knee. They took out a box from their pockets and opened it, revealing it to the eyes of the ones they loved with their lives.

A simple design elongated Nayeon's rings, with a rather large diamond atop a gold plated ring, with the initials 'N&M' on both, several little blue and pink jewels encrusting the ring itself. Underneath was a writing, 'Forever and Ever, Pure and Happiness.' This represented their relationship very well. Simple, no complications, just pure innocent love.

Tzuyu's however, was a little more eleborate. She too chose to have a diamond, but there were several little cracks at the bottom, with a worn down, metal grey ring on Tzuyu's ring, while on Sana's, it was a perfect diamond, with a bright pink ring and several baby blue jewels across it. Tzuyu wanted to show how she was a broken, shattered piece that needed light, and found it in Sana, her perfect and beautiful ring representing that. She did have a matching ring with Sana that was perfect, except it was silver instead of the light pink Sana had on hers. But she swore to only wear that when she was completely healed, and Sana would have to put it on for her.

The two girls looked up at their life partners, smiling when they saw the look of shock on their faces, especially for Sana. Momo had gone through this before, but it was nowhere near as romantic as this.

"Minatozaki Sana,"

"Hirai Momo,"

Nayeon and Tzuyu took a large, deep breath.

The words rolled off their tongue.

"Will you marry me?"