Chapter 23- Growing Relationships

Opposites Really Do Attract

"So.. Th-This is the... Umm... Ja-Japanese fo-food store..."

Chaeyoung slapped herself mentally as she walked Mina through the canteen, irritated at her constant stuttering that came from her indescribable shyness that she felt while walking alongside her long term crush that went way back into her Junior years. 

Mina nodded at Chaeyoung's words as she looked up at the menu and took a look at what the store was selling, sticking her tongue out slightly and her lips, a habit she had when she was focusing on something, and a habit that caused Chaeyoung to start choking on air and her heart to start racing.

"Omo! Are you ok Chaeyoung?" Mina asked, concerned for her student as she put her hand on Chaeyoung's back and patted it gently, which caused the shorter girl to cough even more, feeling her face burn red in embarrassment as wild thoughts began to fill her brain. "Her touch is so warm..." Chaeyoung thought before snapping back to reality with a quick shake of the head.

"I'm fine Miss Myoui!" Chaeyoung said with a smile, not stuttering for once as she gave her shoulders a quick shake and took a deep breath, looking up to give her new History teacher the ok sign with her hands before noticing that Mina was already at the front of the queue in the Japanese store, her face looking quite troubled as the chef gave her an angry look.

"Looks Miss, I don't care if your new here, but you buy my food, you pay up! Or you can eat if off the floor!" The old female chef yelled at Mina. She had a reputation of being quite foul mouthed and temperamental towards everyone, and no one liked her. But she made some really delicious food, so everyone at JYP High School learnt to deal with her.

Mina felt like she was on the verge of tears, looking everywhere from her pockets to the bottom of her wallet for that one extra dollar that she needed to buy that plate of sashimi. But no matter how much she tried, she couldn't find one.

"I'm really sorry but I can't-"

"Take the money and shut up."

Chaeyoung stood next to Mina and passed the old lady the full sum of money that was required, shooting her an irritated look before grabbing the plate of sashimi and passing it to her crush, showing a small smile before giving a glare to the now satisfied chef.

"You pay. I cook." The chef said before heading back into the kitchen, smiling gleefully at the money that she had got.

Mina looked at Chaeyoung in awe as she followed her to an empty table at the back of the canteen, both of them finding a quiet spot before Chaeyoung sat down and looked up to see Mina putting her plate of food on the table and rushing over to give Chaeyoung a tight hug.

"Your my hero Chaengie."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened at the sudden gesture as she let out a shy laugh, her heart racing crazily and her body feeling like it would go into a spasm at any moment. No words could describe how she felt at that moment.

Mina now broke out of the hug, much to Chaeyoung's disappointment, and used her chopsticks to pick up a piece of sashimi and put it in front of Chaeyoung's mouth, surprising her yet again.

"Open wide!"

Chaeyoung let out a giggle as she allowed herself to be fed by Mina, which made that piece of fish all the more delicious.

"Thanks again Chaengie..."

Chaeyoung nodded as she gave another smile to Mina, chewing on the food she had been fed with joy.

"Anything for you Miss Myoui..."

"Hmm? What did you say?"

Chaeyoung choked on air again as she nearly spat out the piece of sashimi Mina had fed her, quickly swallowing it before shaking her head at Mina, who just nodded and continued to eat her food.

"Did I really say that out loud...?" Chaeyoung thought before mentally slapping herself again. "Get a grip....."

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"I've shown you all how to make the best jokbal in the world, now go ahead and cook it again for me!"

"Yes Miss Hirai!"

The students of 4S all rushed to their respective kitchen counters to replicate what Momo had shown them earlier, an expertly crafted piece of jokbal that was cooked to perfection. Momo had given them an hour to complete the task, more than enough time. Another reason why she chose jokbal was because she wanted to steal it from every student to fulfil her everlasting desire for her golden food, jokbal.

Momo walked around the kitchen, whistling one of her favourite songs as she took a look at everyone's progress. They all seemed to be doing well so far, except for one girl, Jeon Somi, who had already started using the pig trotter as a sword and was fighting her friend, Im Nayoung, with it.

"You two relax a bit! Don't treat jokbal like that!" Momo said with a laugh as Somi and Nayoung immediately stopped fooling around and continued with their main task, heads down with shame but small giggles obvious from the both of them.

15 minutes later, one student who had done all the cooking all on her own, yelled out, "I'M DONE!"

Momo whipped her head around in surprise to see Nayeon staring back at her with an arm raised and a really cute bunny like smile on her face, presenting the delicious looking plate in front of Momo, who's eyes widened immediately as she grabbed a fork and knife and took a bite.

It was almost like an episode of MasterChef, and Gordon Ramsey, or Momo in this case, was taking a bite from one of the most talented chefs in the kitchen, Im Nayeon.

"This is... The most delicious thing I've ever eaten."

Nayeon smiled as she saw Momo take another bite of her food, laughing when she heard the moan of pleasure escape but noticing that Momo was eating more, and more, and more...

"Yah! Miss Hirai you said I could eat it!" Nayeon pouted when she saw Momo start running away with her food, taking chase after her as the whole class burst into laughter at seeing two ponytails fly out the classroom and out into the empty corridor.

"No! This is sooo good!" Momo yelled back as she kept eating Nayeon's cooking, savouring every single bite with a goofy smile on her face as she tried her best to escape the girl behind her, but she didn't notice the one step in front of her...

"WOAH!"

Momo felt a pair of arms underneath her try and catch her fall, but those arms were too weak as both bodies came to a loud crash on the floor, the plate of jokbal landing safely behind them.

"Owww..."

Momo opened her eyes to see Nayeon looking right back at her, their foreheads and noses touching with their lips only an inch away from each other. Both were able to feel the hot breath escaping from each other's noses, and they could definitely hear the crazy heart rate that each of them had in their chest now.

"Ummm... Thanks for the meal?" Momo whispered as Nayeon let out a snigger, helping Momo up as they got on their feet and looked away from each other, embarrassed at what had just happened and scratching their heads, both breathing out heavily as their eyes were drawn to the jokbal on the floor.

Giving one look at each other, Nayeon and Momo both sprinted towards the meaty dish.

"MINE!"

 

Author Notes:

Well this was a rather fluffy chapter wasn't it?! I hope you all liked it! This one was a joy to write, it really was. Especially NaMo's part! So cute! SaTzu will be coming next, and that one won't be as fluffy sadly. Well, not yet at least ;)

Thanks for reading my story you all! I love reading your comments, it never fails to make me smile and inspire me to write more for all you beautiful people :)

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!