Chapter 62- Afterwards...

Opposites Really Do Attract

Nothing was ever the same after that incident.

5 years had already passed since then, and so much had changed in all their lives.

Tzuyu had managed to survive the shot, the bullet just missing her heart by inches. The police had planned on putting her in Death Row, since she had committed to many offences in the past, but the judge declared her mentally unstable and instead put her in a rehab facility. She got released after 3 years because of good behaviour, and she spent the next two years in her room, staring outside the window, broken.

Nayeon managed to graduate and landed herself a pretty decent job at a clothing business, because of her great social skills and leadership, she was put to be the manageress, and a well paid one at that. She had grown more beautiful over the years too, her long black hair she had in the past now brown, and they were curly at the ends. The colour helped make the baby face she still had prettier than ever, and she often got a lot of compliments for it at work. This made her now fiancee, Momo, very angry, as she got jealous very easily and often launched prepared bad food for those who complimented Nayeon, which was both amusing and a little frustrating for the younger girl.

Speaking of Momo, the girl now taught at a dancing studio after realising her talent laid in moving her body and not yelling at students to stop sleeping in class. She was the top teacher among the others, and won many awards in ballet, hip hop and freestyle.

JYP High School was still running, and the discipline record was improving drastically ever since Tzuyu left. The reputation and overall academic results of the school were picking up as well, turning itself into a decent school now.

All this talk about Tzuyu, and how was she now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm back~!"

Nayeon opened the front door of her newly renovated apartment, the place much more colourful and well furnished with additional lights and wallpapers. The kitchen had been done over to have a much newer stove and fridge as well. 

Momo leapt up from the sofa and gave Nayeon a huge hug, her hair still wet from the shower she had taken earlier as she gave Nayeon a welcome kiss on the lips, sneakily trying to grab Nayeon's as well but was quickly swatted away by the Korean girl. Momo had gotten more erted as the years went by, so much so that Nayeon had to double check that the door was locked before she showered. Because she didn't one time and the next thing she knew, Momo was right behind her ready to pounce.

"How was work today baby?" Momo asked, pouring Nayeon a glass of water and smiling goofily at her fiancee, who finished the glass of water in one quick gulp. 

"Work was great today! Hope you enjoyed your day off today too honey." Nayeon said sweetly to Momo, removing the black blazer she had on and putting her handbag on her sofa. She let her hair down from the ponytail she had it in and sighed with relief when she felt her long locks touch her shoulders.

Nayeon's eyes then went to the room at the very end of the hallway, and a small, but sad smile grew on her lips when she saw the door.

"Has she eaten anything?"

Momo sighed and shrugged her shoulders, looking back at the door with a exasperated expression on her face. "I left food on her table, but I don't know if she ate it."

Nayeon nodded and flashed a quick smile to Momo. "Thanks honey." She planted a soft kiss on Momo's cheek before walking into the room slowly, opening the door and seeing a sight that had sadly become a staple in her life these past years.

There Tzuyu was, sitting in her wheelchair and staring out the window, her food untouched, eyes lifeless and hollow, body as thin as a sheet of paper, her deathly pale skin which lost all it's glow reflecting the sunlight, and the old picture of her and Sana together in her hands.

Tzuyu was literally a shell of a human being, spending her days simply staring outside the window, not moving unless she had to shower or go to the bathroom. She hadn't said a word for 5 years, with the doctors even thinking that she had gone mute when they first did a checkup on her. Her lips were cracked and dry, her hair had turned into a very dark shade of black, which summed up her life the past 5 years of her life perfectly. 

Only one thing was keeping her alive, and that was the small, tiny hope that one day, she would be able to see Sana again.

That had been Nayeon's mission the past few years, to find Sana. She asked everywhere and everyone she knew, but there was no trace of Sana anywhere, almost as if she had vanished. However, she had not given up, and was still looking for her to this day.

"Tzuyu-ah..." Nayeon grabbed the packet of food on the table and removed the cover, kneeling next to Tzuyu and lifting up a spoon full of rice to .

"Sweetie you haven't eaten in 4 days, can you please at least have a bite?" Nayeon was almost pleading. It broke her heart to see her younger sister acting like this. Her cheerful younger sister who she saved from the depths of hell, had fallen in again, and it didn't look like she could be rescued this time.

Tzuyu slowly turned her head to Nayeon, her face still lifeless. After what seemed like the longest 5 seconds in the world, Tzuyu nodded very slightly and opened , allowing Nayeon to feed her.

Nayeon almost screamed with joy, tears forming in her eyes as she fed Tzuyu the food which she so desperately needed.

Unable to control her emotions, Nayeon put down the food and wrapped her arms around Tzuyu, patting her head as she allowed her tears to fall from her eyes.

"I promise.... I promise I'll find her Tzuyu-ah...."

The younger girl shed a tear.

"Please do..."

 

Author Notes:

It hasn't ended yet :') but will it be a happy ending? Wait and see :)