Chapter 55- The Recording

Opposites Really Do Attract

"Alright kids, we're here!"

Mina and Sana got class 2E into the two rows, splitting up the all girl class into two rows. They were split up by height, which made Chaeyoung mad because she always had to split up from Tzuyu because they were on the opposite ends of the height spectrum. It being a midget sometimes. But at least she was put into Mina's group.

"We'll split into two groups! Tall please follow Miss Minatozaki! Short, your with me." Mina said with a glint in her eye, her gaze landing on a certain girl standing at the front of the row with red cheeks.

The Short group murmured in excitement when they saw that Mina was taking them, following her to their first stop.

Mina suddenly took Chaeyoung's hand, making the younger girl gasp as her teacher gave a sly wink to her, turning back to the other students who didn't seem to notice.

"We'll be heading to the river first! Did you all know that the river here is the largest locally?!" Mina said excitedly, peaking the students interest as they all urged Mina to take them there quickly, a minor commotion being created by the students that Mina cooled down as she walked them to the river.

That left the Tall group, where Sana, being the fussy little girl she was, had to do a whole other head count again before finally letting them go.

"Alright class, we'll be going to the flower exhibit." Sana said with a smile as she watched the students go ahead, waiting until the one student she wanted to see popped up.

There she is.

Tzuyu being Tzuyu, she had to stand at the very back, one because she was anti-social and cold, two because she was so freaking tall. But Sana didn't mind, because she could use the excuse that she was looking over the class from the back.

Just as Sana was about to reach for Tzuyu's hand, she was beat, feeling another hand wrap around hers first.

"Mi'lady." Tzuyu said with a smooth tone, giving a wink that sent Sana into a large fit of giggles.

"My prince."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"So as you can see that river here is massive, and it's pretty cold now since it's the winter season!"

Mina was now giving the class a tour around the river, telling them of the history and tradition that went into it and how it had been maintained for years.

Chaeyoung wasn't listening though. She just stared at how beautiful Mina looked as the gentle wind blew her hair, and that tiny smile on her face as she spoke with such enthusiasm could only make you smile in return.

Unfortunately she was staring a bit too much, and didn't realise the hole in the ground that was dangerously close to where the river was.

"WOAH!"

Chaeyoung lost her balance and fell into the ice cold water, feeling her body go numb instantly from the sudden drop in temperature as she struggled to get back up to the surface but she couldn't. She had no idea how to swim.

"HELP!"

The students gasped and stared at Chaeyoung in panic. They all wanted to dive in and help save their class Lion Cub, but all got cold feet at the sight of the ice that was forming around the edges of the water. It must be sub zero temperatures in there.

One person didn't care though.

"CHAENGIE!"

Mina ripped off her shoes and jacket before jumping into the water, ignoring the freezing cold water as she grabbed Chaeyoung's flailing arm and dragged her back to shore, thanking the gods for Chaeyoung's small and light frame as she pulled Chaeyoung onto the ground.

The younger girl was out cold, quite literally as water came seeping out .

"Come on Chaeyoung!" Mina yelled as she put her hands on Chaeyoung's chest and started pushing, water starting to come spitting out of Chaeyoung's mouth as she started coughing like crazy, her eyes opening again as she reached for Mina and hugged her tight, desperate for warmth.

"You saved me..."

Mina smiled as she placed a subtle kiss on Chaeyoung's cheek, making the smaller girl suddenly feel very hot instead of cold.

"Just returning the favor.... Darling."

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"You all have one hour to find the same flowers on the worksheet! GO!"

Sana smiled as she saw all her students scatter everywhere to find the flowers. Well, all except one.

"I found my flower here already. And it's beautiful."

Sana blushed at Tzuyu's cheesy line as she slapped the arm of the taller girl, letting out a cute giggle as she wrapped herself around Tzuyu's arm.

"Does that mean I get to be with you for an hour?" Sana said softly, looking up at the taller girl with large eyes that seemed to sparkle with hope.

Tzuyu smiled as she nodded gently, patting Sana's head and bringing her closer to her, making sure that both of them could be as warm as possible in this kind of weather.

"You can have me for as long as you want."

Tzuyu and Sana managed to find a quiet little sheltered area where they could spend all their time on their own since no one visited that area and the flowers the students were supposed to look for were on the other side of the garden.

"Look at the snow on the trees. Isn't it beautiful?" Sana said as light snow began falling from the sky, making the leaves of the tree slowly turn white.

"Why look there when I have something even more beautiful next to me?" Tzuyu said with a grin, looking directly as Sana with a long but soft gaze.

Sana just blushed, smiling lightly as she rested her head on Tzuyu's shoulder.

"Now is the time."

Sana furrowed her eyebrows when she felt Tzuyu separate from her, turning left to see Tzuyu digging through her bag for her pair of earphones and her phone.

"Here. Listen."

Tzuyu plugged the earphones in a special recorder that she had prepared the day before hand before putting them into Sana's ears.

Pressing play, sound finally started to enter Sana's ears.

"My name is Chou Tzuyu, and I have something I want to say."

Sana looked at Tzuyu with curious eyes, getting a soft smile and a gesture to tell her to carry on listening as a response.

"I began to feel some... strange things recently."

Worry was now clouding Sana's heart as she bit her bottom lip, a little fearful of what was coming next.

"The thing I'm feeling comes in different words and forms. But I think what most people call it is love. Yes, I've fallen in love."

Sana's heart stopped when she heard what the recording said. There was no way...

"With a girl that I hate but love so damn much. The way her hair flows along in the wind, the stupid smile she gave me when I agreed to go to dinner with her, the pout she had on her face when I emptied her whole wallet on food, the hug she gave me when I saved her, the tears of gratefulness that she left on my jacket, the gaze she gives me when I stop paying attention in class..."

Sana started to tear up when she heard everything that Tzuyu had kept bottled up in her, turning to her left to see Tzuyu staring peacefully at the sky outside.

"The scent she left on my jacket, that high pitched scream when I shot a cockroach to her... Everything she did was just enough to make my heart flutter. The love I have for her is so strong that it made me do so very stupid things. Saving her, allowing myself to be called by my first name... showing myself again to this girl that I've been waiting so long for... The only person that has ever made me feel like the world would end without her. She is special, no other words to put it... I, however, now have one very selfish request to ask of this perfect human being..."

Sana's breath stopped when the last sentence was said. "Don't tell me..."

"Minatozaki Sana. I know I've done some pretty harsh things in the past but... I want to start anew with you. For real this time. I would give up anything to just spend my days with you, walking along the beach with you, staring at the sunset with you, having you in my arms. I would give up... anything. Now..."

The recording suddenly stopped, and Sana looked up through her tear ridden eyes to see Tzuyu on her knees in front of her with a pair of necklaces in her arms. One had a sapphire gem while the other a ruby gem, a little locket on both.

"Minatozaki Sana, will you be my girlfriend?"

 

Author Notes:

-Fin

 

 

 

 

Just kidding.