Chapter 41- Closer To The Truth

Opposites Really Do Attract

"Told you they were small fries."

Kanji let out a laugh as he threw the final henchman into what seemed like the 43rd police truck, all full of henchmen that Jungyeon had hired as all of them began to drive away, their rear wheels sinking into the floor due to the weight of the many men in the back.

The Crew smiled triumphantly as they watched the trucks drive away, everyone high fiving each other happily, except for Yosuke, who was leaning against the wall holding his back the whole time, his face scrunched up in pain as a wheeze escaped his mouth.

Yu laughed as he walked over to his best friend and slammed his back hard on purpose, causing Yosuke to crumble to the floor with a yelp while his friends burst into laughter behind him, except Naoto and Chie, since the former was emotionless most of the time while Chie felt sorry for her best guy friend.

"OWWW! DUDE MY BACK HURTS ENOUGH CAUSE YOUR FAT SELF JUMPED OFF IT!" Yosuke yelled, whining again as he wallowed in self pity, pondering as to why none of his friends were helping to massage his aching back.

Yu laughed before leaning into Yosuke's ear and whispering something.

"If you keep whining like this, Sana is going to go away-"

Yu smiled when he saw his partner instantly shoot up and look around all over the place, swinging his head left and right trying to locate that black haired beauty that he had only just laid his eyes on.

"Sana?! WHERE'S SANA?!" Yosuke blurted out by accident, putting his hands over his mouth in horror as everyone burst out laughing, Momo laughing particularly hard as she nearly tripped on Chie's foot when she was laughing crazily.

"Looks like someone's got a crush on my best friend!" Momo teased, causing Yosuke to blush even harder and yell some less than friendly words at Momo while the rest just continued laughing, Yu having this smug grin on his face that he always put on when he succeeded in getting Yosuke flustered, which was quite often.

After the atmosphere settled down, Momo soon began to quickly realise something.

"Wait seriously. Where is Sana?"

The whole crew heard an engine roar behind them and they turned around to see Tzuyu's ambulance driving away, a familair black haired girl seen for an instant in the rear doors' mirrors before it drove off at light speed to the ambulance, it's sirens blaring loudly in the evening sky.

Momo just sighed before putting her hand on her forehead, a small smirk emerging from as she thought of how far Sana had come to save Tzuyu, and it all made sense to her.

"Looks like Tzuyu was right, Sana is truly special."

Momo was interrupted from her train of thought with a pink fan waving in front of her face, Yukiko's smiling face seen behind it.

"Earth to Momo, we're going to the hospital."

The blonde girl let out a laugh before following all her friends into the van that they had driven in earlier, Momo beginning to change into her normal clothes which made Yosuke blush again.

"Hey Momo, nice oWWWWWW!!!"

Yosuke found out first hand what Momo's nunchucks felt, his head against the dashboard of the van as he held onto his aching back and head.

"Why does this always happen to me...."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sana held onto Tzuyu's hand tightly in the ambulance, not letting go despite all the rough bumps along the road, and ignoring all the yells the paramedics were giving her, telling her to get away from the victim so they could treat her. 

"Please... Tzuyu... Pull through..." Sana whispered, leaning over and kissing Tzuyu on the forehead, a pang of guilt hitting her chest, a voice screaming inside her head telling her things she didn't want to hear, pushing the voice to the back of her head before kissing Tzuyu on the forehead one more time.

Tzuyu's lips twitched.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"There she is."

Momo smiled brightly when she saw Sana sitting in the waiting lounge, her hands balled together in a fist and looking at the ground, seemingly lost in thought. 'Probably praying for Tzuyu.' Momo thought, giggling to herself before she felt Chie pat her on the shoulder.

"We're gonna grab something to eat, I'm starving and Yosuke is dying." Chie said with a laugh, pointing at Yosuke holding onto his back and wheezing for air. It looked really bad.

Momo shook her head, declining Chie's offer politely before pointing at Sana behind her, a sad smirk forming on her face.

"I've got some business to settle."

Chie nodded, promising to get Momo some jokbal from the food court (which made Momo's eyes widen and sparkle while drooled) before heading off with her friends, wrapping her arm around Yosuke's waist.

Momo walked next to Sana, sitting down beside her before wrapping her arm around Sana's shoulder, her signature 'Comfort Everyone' smile on her face while she gave Sana's shoulder a gentle squeeze, patting it before the smile on Momo's face turned into the 'I'm So Proud Of You' one.

"You did it Sana. You saved Tzuyu." Momo said proudly, slapping Sana's shoulder perhaps a little to hard since the younger girl let out a yelp of pain and slapped her arm in protest, which only made the blonde girl laugh.

They sat in that comfortable silence for a while, Momo kicking her legs around while Sana kept on doing her prayers.

After looking at Sana's desperation for Tzuyu's safety, she couldn't take it. She had to drop Sana a tiny hint, a nugget of a clue, something for her to think about with that little brain of hers, something that would make that cute voice of hers squeak.

"Sana, remember what I told you earlier, about how Tzuyu told me something... Interesting?"

The mentioned girl's head shot up, eyes wide and cheeks puffed as she nodded her head furiously, anxious and eager to know what Tzuyu had been telling Momo in private. Perhaps some more of her past life would be revealed, maybe she remembered her...

"Please tell me Momo..." Sana begged, holding onto Momo's wrist and looking at her with pleading eyes.

Momo just chuckled, brushing her hair past her forehead before she looked at Sana and smirked.

"She remembers you Sana. And she misses you."

 

Author Notes:

My signature cliffhanger XD Sorry guys. Hope you all liked this chapter!

Sorry this chapter wasn't very long like I promised, I'm exhausted here. But the next update should be longer!

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!