Chapter 28- Figuring It Out

Opposites Really Do Attract

"And that's all she told me."

Mina and Momo were sat together at the former's house, with Momo having called Mina straight after her conversation with Nayeon.  The moment Mina had heard that Momo had managed to dig up some more information on the mysterious Chou Tzuyu, she rushed from her home to pick up Momo, who was draped in a blanket, hiding from the harsh winds with Nayeon, who had an arm wrapped around her.

The two newly formed friends sat at the coffee table in Mina's living room like detectives, hands on their chins as they pondered the information they had received from Tzuyu's sister.

"That's not really much to go off..." Mina sighed, running her hands through her hair.

*FLASHBACK*

"Ok, what do you want to know?"

Momo's eyes lit up in joy when she saw that Nayeon had finally agreed to her request, almost leaping for joy as she pulled Nayeon into a tight hug, to which the younger girl just replied with an uncomfortable laugh.

"Please, I would like to know about her past. All of it."

Nayeon sighed heavily as she gestured for Momo to follow her, wandering through corridor to corridor, down several staircases and ending up at the very back of the school, where a large but old oak tree stood, the leaves losing colour and the wood starting to rot.

"Look here." Nayeon said, pointing at a certain carving at the very bottom of the tree, which looked very vague since it seemed to be disappearing with the tree.

'Miss You- ZZY-MS'

Momo stared at the words in confusion, squinting her eyebrows to see if she had read anything wrong there, but it looked the same no matter how much she tried to play with the in her mind.

"Uhhh...."

Nayeon giggled a little, knowing that Momo was confused.

"Maybe this will answer your question."

Reaching into her pocket, Nayeon took out her wallet and reached into the very back compartment and pulled out a worn out and battered identification card, passing it to Momo who took it with both hands curiously.

On the card was a picture of a very cute looking girl with short black hair, a toothy smile on her face and the name 'Zhou Zi Yu' next to it.

"Who is this?" Momo couldn't recongise the girl in the photo at all, raising the card up to the very dim sun and trying to get some light on it, which only made Nayeon roll her eyes as her teacher's silly actions.

"That's Tzuyu." Nayeon explained, nearly making Momo drop the card in shock.

"THIS is Tzuyu?!" Momo yelled in disbelief as she looked at the picture again, trying to find even the slightest thing that resembled the girl that was sitting at the back of Class 2E but couldn't find a single thing.

The girl in the picture looked.. Happy, a stark contrast to the girl that she had become now, a dark, mysterious and moody character.

Nayeon let out a sad smile as she nodded her head slowly, taking the precious card back from Momo's hand and putting it back in her wallet, where her sister's second biggest secret laid.

"She had changed her name after that PJ-15 incident... She didn't want anyone to know her as the girl who nearly got..." Nayeon explained with another heavy sigh, turning around and diverting Momo's attention back to the letters on the tree, which still didn't make a of sense to her.

"Miss you, Zhou Zi Yu, Minatozaki Sana. That's what it stands for." 

Momo blinked.

"She.. She knew Sana...?"

Nayeon shrugged her shoulders, giving Momo a look of uncertainty.

"I myself am not sure of that."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mina rocked back and forth in her chair for a while, trying to think of something that could link Tzuyu to Sana. They must've met sometime before JYP High School from all the clues that Nayeon gave, and that was when Mina was still teaching Zi Yu, not Tzuyu.

"Zi Yu... Sana... Zi Yu... Sana.... ZI YU, SANA!"

Mina suddenly stood up and banged her palms on the table, scaring Momo who was dozing off in the seat across from her.

"Holy jokbal! Relax Mina!" Momo yelled as she rubbed her stinging ears that hurt from the sudden loud noise that erupted next to her, pouting at Mina who was far too excited to care about anything else.

"Be right back!"

Mina sprinted up to her room with a massive grin on her face. She had figured it out.

Rushing into her room, Mina opened her drawer and dug through her old Junior Schools' files, searching for that one book that she knew she had buried somewhere in there.

"GOT IT!"

Mina pulled out her old yearbook from 4 years ago, blowing the dust off it and wiping it off with a tissue before sprinting back downstairs again, scowling a little when she saw Momo digging through her fridge but she would deal with that later.

"MOMO! COME HERE!" Mina exclaimed, slamming the yearbook on the table and flipping through the pages, trying to source out that one picture.

The girl who had her face halfway in Mina's fridge trotted slowly over to the anxious Mina, Momo looking ridiculous with two Pepero sticks jutting out from but both were quickly consumed by the food loving girl.

"What is it?" Momo asked, staring weirdly at Mina who seemed really hyperactive, jumping up and down a little as she flipped through almost every page, skimming through the class photos and school activities....

Then she found it.

"BINGO!" Mina squealed, pointing excitedly at a certain photo of a class standing in front of an ice rink, and two female adults standing by each side of the group of beaming children.

Momo looked closely at the picture and had her eyes widen when she saw a much younger Sana standing next to the girl she had seen on the card that Nayeon had passed her earlier, both of the girls hugging each other with massive smiles on their faces.

"What the...."

 

Author Notes:

*hides from subscribers* Sorry for yet another cliffhanger... But there's one more crucial detail about Tzuyu's past!

Sorry if this chapter is poorly written, I'm going through some... Stuff now. I've had a lot of work to do these past few days, and I think it's catching up to me. I'm really tired mentally, and I'm super stressed too.... School projects and speeches are a bummer. But I always make time to write this story for you all because, well, I love you all <3

Hope you all found a way to enjoy this chapter! I promise to write a better one next time! Till then, see ya!