Chapter 57- Uneasiness (Hope and Despair)

Opposites Really Do Attract

Sometimes, things in life just don't go as planned.

Many things do. For instance, maybe your best friend's birthday was the blast that it was meant to be from the start, or a homecooked meal comes out tasting delicious. Even bigger things such as the positioning of troops in a war, or even a clever strategy that worked to perfection. All these things were planned, and they turned out wonderfully.

Others however, aren't quite as lucky.

That's what Minatozaki Sana and Chou Tzuyu would soon find out. Bliss resonated for now, their dreams of finally being together again after all these years finally coming true.

But just for how long would that last? Fate had never been kind to them before, so would it be so fair to them again?

Well... The answer will soon be revealed...

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Tell me what it's like to be a descendant of the squirrel race."

Tzuyu started laughing again as Sana smacked her arm furiously, the pout that made some of her upper front teeth jut out only further proving Tzuyu's earlier comment to be correct. 

"Shut up you.... you... Yoda!" Sana picked up her Star Wars DVD cover and put it next to Tzuyu's head, brushing the younger girl's hair behind her ear, revealing her large pointed ears that very much resembled the green fictional character on the box art of the popular Star Wars movies.

The resemblance was almost uncanny. Looks like Sana had found a new nickname for Tzuyu.

Speaking of the younger girl, a light blush appeared on her cheeks as she quickly put her hair over her ears again, looking away from Sana while she cleared uncomfortably.

"My... just exposing part of me like that so suddenly... no one has ever seen my ears before..." Tzuyu's blush darkened.

"Do you want me to.. expose more of myself to you?"

Tzuyu suddenly undid one of the buttons on her shirt, revealing her jaw dropping collar bone.

"My... everything?"

Sana shot out her seat like a bullet, waving her arms furiously in front of her face. She had no idea what the heck Tzuyu was saying, but it still made her body temperature raise up to unprecedented levels.

"N-no! Chewy-ah! That's not what I meant!" Sana accidentally brushed her fingers against Tzuyu's chest area during her frenzy of arm swinging.

Tzuyu gasped, putting her hands around her chest briefly before sighing, looking at Sana straight in the eyes.

"Well... if that's what you want..."

Sana gulped as she saw Tzuyu walk closer and closer to her, backing her against the wall before feeling Tzuyu's hot breath right next to her ear.

"15 seconds."

Sana furrowed her eyebrows when she heard what Tzuyu said. 15 seconds? Wait! She didn't mean-

"No, that's not what I meant. That's how long it took me to deceive you."

Sana's mind just went blank as she slowly tilted her head towards her girlfriend, who had the tiniest smirk on her face as she backed away from her.

"How.. did you know what I was thinking?"

"Because I'm psychic."

Sana believed Tzuyu without even thinking, putting her hands to and releasing a muffled gasp. "Your an esper!?"

"Just kidding you gullible squirrel."

Sana's pout returned again when she saw Tzuyu turn back into her normal form somewhat, that childish yet charming grin plastered on her face again as she gave Sana a little kiss on the cheek.

"What made you act like that?" Sana asked, dragging her girlfriend back to the sofa.

Tzuyu just shrugged her shoulders, and instead focused her attention on the television instead.

"Nothing, just trying out some stuff from the game I'm playing."

Sana raised her eyebrows in suspicion. Well one was because she was a teacher and hated students playing games, but this was Tzuyu so she would let it slide.

But two was because of the almost unbelievable personality split that had just occurred in Tzuyu. It was as though she was a completely different person than from before. Almost as if... she changed personalities.

"What game is it?"

After being met with silence from Tzuyu, Sana knew it was time to drop the topic.  Tzuyu was hiding something for now, and she didn't want to spell.

"Video game. It's nothing special." Tzuyu replied with her childish voice again, a bright smile forming on her face. "It's called Danganronpa. I found it super cheap in a store!"

Sana breathed a sigh of relief. It was just an innocent video game after all.

"Food sounds good about now. I'll go order pizza." Sana smiled and patted Tzuyu's head before getting off the sofa and walking towards the phone.

Tzuyu purred under Sana's touch, watching her walk away before her face suddenly turned still, almost like a stone.

Looking down at her hands, she realised they were shaking furiously, shaking so hard that she had to bite them to stop them from shivering anymore.

Gritting her teeth, Tzuyu looked at her girlfriend chatting away happily on the phone, engaging in a pleasant conversation with the receptionist on the best topping available.

"Must not... let her know."

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"There's more than meets the eye."

Momo raised her eyebrow when she heard what Nayeon had randomly said as they watched an anime that Momo had suggested for them to enjoy while the older girl bunked out at Nayeon's for the time being.

"Huh?"

Nayeon shook her head, unable to shake the uneasy feelings away from her heart. She had to show at least one person this secret.

"Follow me."

Still questioning her girlfriend's sudden odd behaviour, Momo followed Nayeon to her bedroom, where she opened her wardrobe and dived inside.

Buried beneath a huge pile of clothes and boxes was a tiny button encased in glass.

Pressing it once, a tile in the ceiling opened, and out dropped a single file from there.

Grabbing it, Nayeon passed it to Momo, who gasped when she saw the words on the cover.

'Chou Tzuyu's Medical Report'

Looking up at Nayeon, Momo's eyes pleaded for permission, receiving a firm nod from Nayeon as a reply.

"Go ahead."

Opening the sacred document with shaking hands, Momo winced when she saw what was written inside. It was reports on all the bloody and gruesome injuries Tzuyu had sustained in her fights. 

However, only one page really caught Momo's eyes.

"Dissociative identity disorder?"

Nayeon sighed, looking out the window and apologising to Tzuyu mentally. 

"Yes..."

"Tzuyu has split personalities."

Momo's eyes shot open upon hearing what Tzuyu said. So that was why she suddenly turned so violent, so cold, so brutal, so unforgiving.

That was also why she forgot Sana...

"Why are you telling me this?"

Nayeon just sighed again, this one even heavier than the last.

"I just have a very uneasy feeling. And I feel.. you need to know this."

Momo nodded, feeling a sense of unease in her heart as well.

Nayeon closed her eyes, and one word popped up in her head.

'Separation.'

 

Author Notes:

I won't say much, but keep an eye on that Hope and Despair thing in the chapters from now on.

Yes I discovered Danganronpa and it's brilliant. I love it to bits. Especially Kyoko.

For those of you who played Danganronpa before, you'll know the references I put in here. One is more subtle than the other.

I also hope your questions about Tzuyu and Zi Yu have been answered.