Chapter 29- The Story

Opposites Really Do Attract

"What the...."

Momo stared hard at the picture in Mina's old yearbook, picking it up and looking at it from angles, mind full of questions that she hoped would be answered by Mina soon enough.

"How did these two even meet?" Momo asked her new friend, putting down the book and looking at Mina, who had a look as though she was trying very hard to remember something.

Mina's eyes not lit up, clapping her hands together before grabbing Momo's arm and pulling her down to the chair, making her sit down before she sat herself, taking a deep breath and looking at Momo straight in the eyes.

"It's going to be a long story..."

*FLASHBACK*

"Please Sana! I really need your help!"

Sana sighed as she took a sip from her iced lemon tea, looking around the cafe that had just opened recently. They thought it would give it a try and it was super worth it since the drinks tasted so good.

"Alright fine. What time do I meet you tomorrow?"

Mina squealed in happiness when she heard Sana give her confirmation, hugging her tightly and giving a bright smile towards her best friend.

"Thank you Sana~ 10.30am tomorrow!"

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"What did I get myself into..."

Sana sighed heavily as she sat by the side of the world famous ice rink, watching Mina ski around gracefully with the rest of her students, with the children cheering her on as she did yet another ballet spin across the center, catching the eye of everyone nearby who all marvelled at the elegance of this young lady. 

Meanwhile, Sana was sulking by the bench, sipping on a coffee and watching Mina do feats she could never hope to do with her clumsy body, looking down at her ice skates and feeling so tempted to just remove them and throw them into a dustbin. And she was about to do that, untying the shoelaces of the skate on her left foot and was about to remove it until she saw another pair of tiny feet slowly approach her.

"Miss Minatozaki, can you help me pwease? I'm scared..."

Sana looked up and saw the little girl that went by the name of Zhou Zi Yu, the most bright and cheery one that sang the most songs on the bus earlier when they were headed towards the ice rink.

"Hmm? Why aren't you with your friends?" Sana asked softly as she patted the space next to her, which Zi Yu quickly filled.

"They wanted me to go but I was too scared..." Zi Yu muttered with a slight chuckle, her little feet kicking around in the air as she looked at the ice beneath her, small cracks forming underneath her.

Sana smiled a little before she stood up and stuck her hand out, Zi Yu looking up at her with slightly confused eyes.

"Come, let us fall down together!"

Zi Yu and Sana both let out laughs as Zi Yu grabbed the older girl's outreached hand, both girls immediately losing their balance once they stepped on the ice as they toppled over to the railings, laughter escaping their mouths.

"We are so bad at this." Zi Yu said, still laughing happily while Sana nodded, agreeing with Zi Yu's statement.

Sana gripped onto Zi Yu's hands a little tighter, slowly letting go of the railing while turning to give a look of confidence to the little girl next to her, one that the younger one returned.

"Let's do this." They both said at the same time.

Slowly trying to gain their balance, Zi Yu and Sana took their time in trying to glide across the ice rink, Zi Yu nearly falling over again but Sana grabbed her before she did and tightened her grip even more, assuring Zi Yu that she wouldn't fall before trying again herself, pushing off her left leg gently, then her right foot, left again, right again....

They had done it. 

"WOOHOO!" Sana and Zi Yu both cried out in joy when they started gliding across the ice, arms sticking out and their hair breezing against the wind, laughs of bliss escaping their mouths as they waved at Mina, who had just went by them with a shocked but happy expression on her face.

"Well done you two!"

Sana and Zi Yu smiled in glee before high-fiving each other.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"PICTURE TIME!"

All the kids scrambled in front of the camera when their form teacher, Miss Myoui, uttered the magic words, smiles beaming on all their faces as they broke out into poses that all their favourite superheroes did on TV, with a certain Son Chaeyoung hugging her beloved form teacher on the right side of the frame.

Sana was trying to squirm out of the photo, slowly sneaking out of the frame and nearly escaping before she suddenly felt a tiny pair of arms wrap around her waist.

"Take a picture with me Miss Minatozaki!" Zi Yu yelled as she passed a polariod camera to Sana, who gladly took it.

"Say cheese!"

*SNAP*

Out came a picture of Sana and Tzuyu next to each other, with Zi Yu jumping out in front and Sana laughing in the background.

"Come here you guys!"

Zi Yu quickly pocketed the photo that Sana and herself had taken together before dragging Sana over to the main photo frame, where the camera was going to snap at any moment.

"CHEESE!"

Zi Yu and Sana both hugged each other tightly as the camera took the photo...

*SNAP*

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"And that is the story that Sana told me."  Mina finished with a sad smile.

Momo wiped a tear from her eyes after hearing the story. She had no idea that both of them had such an amazing first meeting. There was no way you could tell from the way that they treated each other know, as though they were both complete strangers. Worse, enemies. Well, at least in Tzuyu's case.

"We have to get them back together...."

 

Author Notes:

No cliffhanger this time! Woohoo! So yeah, that's how Tzuyu and Sana met in the past. If your wondering what she looked like back then...

Image result for Chou Tzuyu Pre Debut

 

Hopefully that gives you an idea! Somewhat similar but still different from how she looks now!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thank you all for being so kind in the comments :) I'm still stressed but I hope I get over it soon...

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!