Chapter 26- Digging Up

Opposites Really Do Attract

"Want a Pepero?"

Momo and Mina were sat next to each other at Momo's cubicle, both watching a couple dance video on Momo's laptop while munching on the many snacks Momo had lying around near her desk. From the drawers to underneath the table, there was every kind of food imaginable in there. She even managed to hide a whole medium rare steak in there once.

Mina nodded as she opened , letting Momo put the chocolate stick in as she started to slowly consume the food, chewing cutely as Momo stared at the lips of the girl next to her, her own as her eyes showed signs of attraction and.... Lust?

"Hmm? Is there something on my face?" Mina asked as she put her hand on her cheeks, swallowing her little snack while looking at the mirror Momo had on her desk to check if there was a leftover chocolate stain or something. 

"N-No there isn't!" Momo stuttered as she chose to stare right at the mirror, admiring how attractive Mina really was with her glowing skin and sparkling eyes, her whole face going into Stone Momo mode, which kinda creeped Mina out since there was a long haired girl staring right at the mirror behind her, and she just watched a ghost movie the night before.

"Uhhh Momo..."

Luckily, Sana walked into the staff room just as Momo was about to leap on top of Mina from the way she was looking at her, grabbing her computer chair from the cubicle next to Momo's. All their cubicles were right next to each other, so that made communication very easy between the J Trinity.

"Oh hi Sana!" Mina stood up from her chair and walked over to her best friend, giving her a hug as Momo finally snapped out of whatever trance she was in just now, shaking her head and grabbing all the Peperos in the packet before crushing them with her teeth, sending chocolate flavored pieces of biscuits flying everywhere.

Sana smiled faintly, her face pale as she just gave a nod to Mina as a reply, which worried the brunette a little Sana looked even whiter than usual, which wasn't normal.

"Hey are you ok Sana? You look... Ghostly." Mina muttered, looking at her friend with concerned eyes and putting her hand on her forehead, making sure that she wasn't coming down with a fever or anything, especially now that the winter season was coming, and the weather got colder and colder.

Sana gave another smile, one that was slightly brighter now as she sat down in her chair and looked seriously at Momo and Mina, who were both getting a little frightened at the way Sana was acting. This was very different from her usual clumsy, bubbly self.

"Momo, Mina. Please, tell me all you know about Tzuyu. I just found out about her past...."

The two more experienced teachers looked at each other and gulped.

"At long last huh...." Momo muttered as she decided to grant Sana's wish, opening her wardrobe and digging through the files of every student. She was in charge of student discipline, which seemed strange to the normal eye but Momo was actually really tough in certain classrooms. If you made her angry, she really got angry.

After skimming through the A and B names, Momo finally got to C, Chou Tzuyu.

"Here you go."

Momo tossed the report file to Sana, who quickly took it and opened it up. There seemed to be a lot of missing papers in there, with several tear marks obvious on the spine of the book. There were barely more than 4 pages in what was supposed to be at least a 30 page file. 

Sana looked at Momo with questioning eyes, showing the book to Momo and expecting an answer as to why so much information about Tzuyu had been eliminated just like that.

"Tzuyu didn't want anyone knowing about her incident, so she came in here and tore the pages out. I tried to stop her but she beat the hell out of me." Momo let out a tiny laugh at that statement, feeling a little pain in her ribs. "Don't know where she brought them to though." Momo said, shrugging her shoulders with a tiny pout on her face.

"Oh..." Sana nodded, feeling sorry for her Momo as she flipped through what little pages of reports were left on Tzuyu, while Mina and Momo watched with sad eyes. Both of them had taught Tzuyu before she turned into what she had become now, and they knew what a great girl she really was. Now it was Sana's turn to feel sympathy for the green haired girl.

Page One: Year One Reports

Chou Tzuyu is a very well disciplined and cheerful girl. Very comfortable with socialising with her peers and always seeking to help the class. Takes a massive leadership role in most if not all group projects and performs marvellously. Sweeps and cleans the whole classroom after school, winning her class the cleanliness award every month. Very well liked by her teachers and her peers for her friendliness, helpfulness and overall positivity. Done admirably for her studies, full marks for every subject. Credited her teachers and peers for teaching her very well, stayed humble despite great achievements.

Star player of JYP High School's Basketball Team, winning them their first championship ever. Set record breaking stat averages of 61.7 Points per game, 19 rebounds per game, 13.4 assists per game, 5.7 steals per game and winning every game by an average of 68.9 points. Won MVP of the competition and got offers to play in the US.

Seems to have a very strong affection for a lady called Minat-

And the paper was torn from there. Sana was slightly upset that the paper had to end there but it was only the first page. And who was that lady Tzuyu had a strong affection for? Well it was Mina so Sana assumed it was her best friend that had taught her in her Junior years. After all, Mina did use to tell her that her favourite student was Tzuyu... But there was a tiny hint of a T there so that threw that idea out the window.

"She used to be such a good girl..." Sana started to cry for the third time in the span of an hour, her tears dropping on the pages as Mina and Momo watched, shaking their heads slightly, patting the back of their friend while they encouraged her to keep reading.

Page Two: Meet The Parents Session

N/A

 

Sana's eyes squinted in confusion when she saw those two letters looking back at her. N/A? What did that mean? Were her parents sick, so they couldn't attend the session?

Mina bit her lip hard when she saw the page Sana was on, looking away from her to not show the tears that were forming in her own eyes. 

Page Three: Year Two Reports

Drastic change in attitude and behaviour from Chou Tzuyu. Turned cold and unforgiving, has not submitted a piece of homework this year, late for all classes, has faced many disciplinary charges regarding violence and foul language. Beaten up 5 teachers, fractured 29 skulls, broke 14 arms and 16 legs, nearly pushed a girl of the roof for calling her by her name. Friends shunned her away, and is alone most of the time. Now lingers around Im Nayeon, her unofficial sister and guardian, as well as Son Chaeyoung, a close childhood friend. Change could be due to PJ-15 incident. Refer to Page 5.

Sana knew all of this already, but it didn't make it any less painful to read. How did one transition from an angel to a demon so quickly?

Page Four: Conversations In Therapy

"I miss her."

And the whole page was torn again after that.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sana closed the file with a heavy sigh, passing it back to Momo who promptly put it back in the drawer. There were so many questions running through her head now that her brain was already starting to hurt? Who was that lady Tzuyu had affection for? She wanted to think that it was Mina but there was a extra T at the end, so it couldn't be her. Why was there an N/A for the Meet The Parents page? Did Tzuyu not have parents? Or were they simply busy that day? And lastly, who did Tzuyu miss? 

"Mina. You used to teach her right?" Sana stood up and put her hands on the shoulders of her best friend, who looked down on the floor and nodded.

Momo was standing by the side with her arms folded, thinking about the situation that Sana was in right now. She was trying to think of a way to help her out, but that involved getting closer to Tzuyu...

"Bingo." Momo smirked before diverting her attention back to Sana and Mina. She had a plan.

Meanwhile, Sana was still looking straight into Mina's eyes, which had a very hesitant look to them, as if she was hiding something from Sana.

"Please. Tell me everything you know." Sana pleaded, shaking the shoulders of Mina who didn't move for a while, shaking her head slowly to a now crestfallen Sana.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not in any position to tell you anything. Tzuyu wants her history locked up in her heart, and I respect that. All I can say is, she has had a very, very difficult life.

Sana was about to ask more questions but the bell sounded right at that moment, signaling that they all had to go to their classes now.

Mina gave Sana a sad smile, patting her on the back before walking out the staff room with Momo.

"Good luck Sana."

 

Author Notes:

Hopefully this chapter cleared up some questions you all had. Again, if you all have any questions still, feel free to ask me.

And regarding the photo Tzuyu has, and who she misses? This is a mystery that you'll have to wait to be solved ;)

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! It's a bit longer than my usual ones since I really wanted to have Mina and Momo eat Pepero after their near kiss <3

Love you guys! Till next time, see ya!