Smiling like an Idiot.

CheckMate.

“No matter how difficult and hard something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot.”

Chanyeol, EXO 

 

The same routine followed the next morning. However, in the middle of the training E called me. “Meeting at the Base at 21:00 hours. Don’t be late.” he said. At 8 pm the practice ended and the results fortunately were much better than yesterday. “Tomorrow, you’ll be separated into combat and aim groups. Two pairs of the CIA personnel will be working with you. I expect everyone to stay sharp.” I ended the session. I still had time to stop for a quick visit to the hospital. As I was entering Ryan’s ward, Dr. Kwang called me.

“Miss.. Please come with me.” he asked. I followed him to his office. “Unfortunately, Ryan’s condition has gotten worse. His wounds have been infected. I need your permission to seal his ward. Sealing his ward will ensure the infection does not spread but that also means you will not be able to see him except from a glass window 50 feet away. “ he stated. “You have my permission.” I answered with a sigh. “Well I’ll get going on. You would perhaps like to see him once?” he asked. I refused to see him and headed to the Base. Everyone was utterly exhausted.

“Let’s make this quick. We’re going to go to the ceremony in formals. Girls no guns for you, just daggers. Hide them in your gowns. Our people join the company personnel tomorrow morning. Meeting at 16:00 hours tomorrow. I’ll hand you position charts tomorrow. Any questions?” he asked. “Tomorrow I want nobody hurt. Let’s step up our game.” he finished. Just as we were about to leave, he pulled me back. “I know what happened to Ryan was wrong but I want your head in the game. You got to show them they can’t mess with you.” he instructed.

I nodded and pushed past him to get to the car.  On reaching the dorm, I saw EXO was busy having a costume fitting.  I went to Suho to tell him I was supposed to accompany EXO to the awards. “I was told about it yesterday but before I could talk to you, you feel asleep.” he reassured me. I just nodded in response. “Mia! Sang Hee’s told you to call her.” Chen hollered from my right. I nodded to him and called her. “ Mia! Anneyonnggg..! your gown is all ready.. just tell me your shoe size..” she started.

“37.” I replied to her, still surprised at how fast she spoke. “Alright I got it. I’ll see you day after! Toodles!” she said and hung up. ‘Wow. That was… Sang Hee.’ I thought to myself. I changed in some comfortable clothes and tied my hair into a messy ponytail, not caring about the stylists totally judging me. ‘I don’t blame you. After all, EXO were 12 good looking rookies to you.  To me? They were a group with bad luck. ‘I said to them mentally. I curled up on one end of the couch observing them.

 “You feel out of place?” a deep voice asked. “A little bit.” I admitted. The boy only laughed in response. “It’s okay dongy. We were all like you before. Infact, we’re still getting used to the hype.” he explained. “You know I’m done here. Want to go on a walk with Superman here?” he said as he pointed to himself, his trademark goofy smile plastered o his face.  “Sure Super Happy Virus!” I sighed. We left the dorm and headed to the park opposite the building. “Why are you so upset today?” he asked, seriousness seeping into his tone. “Me? Nah..” I chuckled in pretense. 

He turned me to face him by the shoulders and waited. “I’m a little bothered about Ryan. He’s getting worse.” I said. “ Listen, somethings are never under our control. We cannot do anything except hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  So why worry so much? No matter how many problems you have, keep smiling. That will reassure people around you if not yourself. However, I know that Ryan will get better. Trust oppa okay?” he smiled. “I’m going to try and smile more.”I promised.

 “Dongy hwaiting!” he pumped his fist in the air. I laughed as I heard his stomach grumble. “Let’s head back. Someone’s hungry.” I chuckled. He pouted and followed me. We saw EXO was done with the fitting and the stylists were wrapping up. We sat down to have dinner. Midway, Ivy called.  “Mia..” she said urgently. In the background I could hear some girls crying.

 


 

A\N: This is for Chanyeol who never fails to make us smile!  Happy Virus <3 Respect.

What do you think happened now? 

Happy Reading! (: