My Brothers.

CheckMate.

“A brother is a friend given by Nature.”

- Jean Baptiste Legouve

 

I entered the dorm to find everyone having dinner. I was utterly exhausted. The past two days had taken not only a physical but mental and emotional toll on me. “Dongy you hungry?” Sehun asked. “Ne oppa.” I answered him and untied my shoes. “Come eat first dongy!” Chanyeol called. “She isn’t your dongy. She’s mine.” I could hear Sehun grumbling. “I don’t hear her complaining. Plus, I’ve always wanted a younger sister.” Chanyeol retorted back.

“Fine.  Only you. No one else calls her dongy.” Sehun countered.  I sat down at the table after washing my hands. They were discussing about the award show. “Will you come with us Mia?” Kris asked. “Maybe, I don’t know yet.” I shrugged. I did not know if I had to accompany them or just protect them from the sidelines. “We’re going to perform. You should come.” Baekhyun smiled.

The rest of the dinner passed with them bickering with each other. I offered to help Xiumin with the dishes. “How are you keeping up?” he asked as we started. “I’m good.” I said and smiled at him. “You know you don’t have to smile. We all know something is wrong. We’re all here if you need help.” he said seriously. At that moment he actually spoke like he was the eldest in the group.

“Thank you. I’ll tell you if I need some help.” I told him. “You know people don’t believe that I’m the eldest among the twelve of us. That’s because I don’t worry! I just go eat steamed buns. It calms my mind.” he chuckled. I smiled at his silliness. As we stepped out, I could hear sniffles coming from the living room. 

“Aish.. not again..” he grumbled.  I looked at him questioningly. “You’ll see.” he said. Next I see Tao crying on Kris’ shoulder, who himself was trying not to laugh while the others openly chuckled. “Mia, come sit. Luhan hyung is telling us ghost stories.” Lay said. “No mei-mei!  It’s scary!” Tao cried. That’s when I realized they were doing this to tease Tao.  

“Gege come here..” I called out to him. He got up and stumbled towards me. “Rest of you, shame on you! How can you do this to him? Don’t you know he’s so sensitive? Go back to your rooms now.” I glared at them. They all got up and rushed towards their rooms. “Shh.. Gege I promise there are no ghosts here. I’ll drive all of them away okay? You can go sleep in peace.” I comforted him.

Slowly the sniffles died down. “Xei xei mei-mei wo ai ni.” he smiled. “Wo ai ni gege.” I grinned and ruffled his hair. He walked back to his room and I lay down. Darkness enveloped me as soon as my head touched the pillow.

 


 

A\N: Did you guys see Tao's red hair? I personally liked black better :|

P.S. I had someone ask me why I always end with happy reading and I thought if you wonder the same; it's just because I want to spread happiness. Call me weird but I feel the world isn't happy enough.

So yeah.. Happy Reading! (: