New Determination.

CheckMate.

“Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.”
-Horace Mann

 

After crying till my tears had run dry I got up with new determination. ‘After I finish this I’m never being a guardian again. I’m going back to my world with sycophants and the mafia rather than idols and entertainment companies.’ I started checking the videos.

The strange thing is, they were from the same IP address as their own computers and posted at the same time. This could only happen if the mails were manually saved and a timer was set for them being sent. ‘This is impossible till someone with a lot of access was on their side from each company. That’s how O was attacked yesterday. All the agents are exposed to the opposite party.’ I held my head in my hands.

‘This day keeps getting better and better.’ I sighed to myself.  We were back to square one. They had the upper hand again even after we had captured two of their operatives.  I checked the time to see it was almost time for their lunch. I left to go to the Base. I didn’t care that I would be early; I just wanted to avoid EXO.  I left after sticking a post it on the couch- ‘Gone out for the day. Will be back very late. Don’t wait up. Be safe.’

On my way there, Greg called. “I heard what happened from the boys, are you okay?” he asked, concern clear in his voice. “Ne Greg-shi don’t worry I’m fine. How long am I going to be here for anyway? I’ve just got to do my job.” I answered. “Keep telling yourself that Mia, maybe you’ll start believing it.“ he shrugged. I ignored what he said. “Could please inform Suho and Kris that I will not be back tonight? I’ve got some pending work at the Base.” I requested.

“You tell them yourself. However, my advice is don’t do it. They’ll get worried.” he said and ended the call. I reached and texted Suho.  After a while, the others arrived. “Yo! A wassup? How are you the first one here?” asked U. I just glared at him. “Let’s get to work. Who wants to take the first go?” I asked. “I’ll go.” said U. “I’ll take the other one.” said E. 

All of us changed into a more formal attire. Crisp shirts and blazers were the code. It helped us look more serious and intimidating. Both the men were placed in different questioning rooms. The rest of  us sat in another room from which we could monitor their progress. The first try was the most boring one. It was rare to see any operative answer in the first try.

 Everything from prison to  witness protection and letting them off free was tried during negotiation. None of it worked. Next they changed to I and O. By then I was tired and pissed. I had been a long, bad day and these two idiots were only making it worse.  Just then an idea struck me. I was going to use the same technique that I had seen a senior operative use once before.

 


 

A\N: Anneyong chingus! 

First of all Happy Birthday Chanyeol!  May you always be creepin' and keep smiling! :D   

Anyway, Happy Reading! (: