Brothers not Bandmates.

CheckMate.

"It was great being together as a band, but much more difficult being brothers than it was being in a band."

-Barry Gibbs
 
 

Chanyoel, Sehun, Baekhyun, Luhan, Tao and Baozi were jumping around with wide smiles on their faces. Suho and Kris appeared perplexed by the situation, probably wondering why I had to stay at their dorm. D.O. looked shocked; his eyes were as wide as saucers. They were open so wide I feared they would pop out of their sockets! Chen and Lay seemed unfazed. I made a mental note of their ability to be calm. Kai on the other hand was looking like he had just swallowed a rotten egg.

If only he knew I was here primarily for him.  My blood boiled when I looked at him and it took me all my willpower to not punch him in the face. I shook my head to get rid of the extremely violent thoughts plaguing my mind. I may work for the CIA but I’m not a violent person by nature. It was at that moment I decided I would not let him get to me. I would not stoop to his level. He doesn’t know he’s messed with someone who’s a pro at playing games. 

The sound of a phone ringing stopped my mental ramblings. Sang Hee answered her phone to find out she was needed somewhere else. However before leaving she walked up to Kai and pulled him down to her level and whispered something to him. No one heard what she said but the effect it had on Kai had me biting my tongue in an attempt to not laugh. He looked like a five year old  about to burst into tears because someone told him Santa does not exist. 

Then EXO-M decided to start practice. I sat down and watched them dance. They did it with so much precision and concentration it made me wonder how many times had they gone through the same routine.  By the time they took a break they were utterly exhausted. They decided to rest a while before they continued. Tao came and sat next to me.

“How old are you?” he suddenly asked. “Eighteen.” I answered simply.  A big smile appeared on his face and his eyes were alight with excitement. “That means I’m elder to you and you must call me gege from now on. Arraso?” he prodded. “Ne Tao-shi. Uhh.. I mean Tao gege.” I corrected myself. Just then Suho came and poked my ribs. I jumped back grabbing his hand and twisting as reflex.  As soon as I realized what I had done I felt an over powering sense of guilt. I had to control myself better around them or they may come to know my secret soon. “Mianhe Suho-shi I did not mean to hurt you. It was a reflex action because I’m ticklish around that area” I lied easily. He rubbed the part of his arm that I had grabbed and smiled, “Its okay Mia-shi. Now let’s get some lunch arasso?”

I would have gone with them but I needed to contact E1806 and form a foundation. (A\N: Forming a foundation is like getting the basic information from the field for the mission.) “Suho-shi I’m not used to the time difference yet. Do you mind I stay here and rest while all of you go out for lunch?” I asked innocently. I already knew what his answer was going to be. “Ofcourse not Mia-shi. Rest well!” he started walking back as the members started to move out of the room. “Suho-shi please don’t call me Mia-shi, it’s so awkward. Please call me just Mia.” I requested.

“On one condition. If only you call me 'just Suho’. “ he mimicked my tone and laughed.  “Okay then Suho.” I rolled my eyes. “Bye Mia!” he called out and joined the other members who were having a gala time outside. At that moment I felt jealous of their bond because they had each other to depend on. They maybe a band but they were brothers before that. They were Truly One.

I pulled by phone out and called E1806. He had just bad news to offer. The status of the mission was no wherenext to under control.  All the leads had turned out to be false. The plan now involved blocking the enemy rather than intercepting attacks. This was going to be one long assignment. Oh well, so much for returning in a few days.  

 


A\N: Here’s chap 5.  Of all the chapters that I’ve written so far, I could imagine this chapter the best in my head. Maybe it’s because of the reactions that I had to write about.. Happy reading! (: