Hospital.

CheckMate.

 

"Hospitals are places that you have to stay in for a long time, even if you are a visitor. Time doesn't seem to pass in the same way in hospitals as it does in other places. Time seems to almost not exist in the same way as it does in other places."
- Pedro Almodovar

 

I entered the hospital staining the white marble floor with droplets of blood.  The receptionist looked startled to see me there. “D-Dr. Kwang?” I asked her panting hard. The pain was getting close to unbearable and I had to bite my cheeks to keep from shouting.  Dr. Kwang was our official doctor. He would make sure no questions were asked about the bullets or who I was. I would receive treatment off record.

I was ushered into a ward by then and Dr. Kwang  was on his way.  I tried to strip the shirt off but moving my hand hurt too much.  The little movement brought a fresh stream of blood snaking down my arm and I could see black spots. I blinked my eyes to clear them but they kept blocking more and more of my vision. One moment I was trying not to scream from the pain and the next moment I was numb.

 

When I opened my eyes, a completely white, functional room greeted me. I groaned at its implication. I had woken at the hospital for the fourth time in a month. Slowly it all came back to me. The show, the bullets and the sniper.  “Oh you’re awake; let me call your friends inside. They’ve been waiting here since yesterda.” said a kind looking nurse, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I saw the needles supplying blood and injured arm to pull out the tape keeping the needles in place. ‘Ugh these needles. I hate them. So creepy.’ I mentally whined.  “You’re too predictable Mia. I’ve been told this is the first thing that you always do after waking up in a hospital.” laughed Ivy as she entered.  She came in followed by E, O and U.

“You know when I said take a bullet I never meant it literally.” joked U. E hit his head. “Now’s the time you shut up dude.” O said, rolling his eyes. “Guys, can you please take your argument outside? Someone here needs peace.” she demanded. “She already had her peace for 16 hours. How much more peace does she want?” asked U.  “So who was the sniper?” I asked.

That got them to shut up. “When I want you guys to stay quiet you keep jabbering but when I ask you an important question, you guys shut up and look like you’ve seen ghosts.” I complained. “Actually, the guard was infiltrated. It was one of the twenty people that were a part of the security team.” said O, not meeting my eyes.  

“What?! The Guard? Weren’t you supposed to run a background check on every one of them? How could anyone be so careless?!” I yelled causing the nurse to rush back in. “Miss please calm down. It’s not healthy for you to shout in this condition. You are not fully healed yet.” she said, pushing me back to the pillows.  I stayed quiet and waited for her to leave.

She left leaving us in complete silence. “Whose job was it?” I asked in a low whisper. “Mine.” replied E, without looking up from the floor.  A humorless chuckle escaped my lips. “Shouting at me for punching a gang member but failing to do a basic background check properly.Why not?” I grumbled. However, it was loud enough to make sure he heard. 

The tension in the room was enough to make anyone claustrophobic. “However,” I started making all of them look up; “I may forgive you if you get me out of here. I don’t want to stay here anymore.” I said. I must have looked really desperate to get out of here because E immediately agreed.  ‘Maybe he was actually scared that I will never forgive him.’ I thought. 

He went out to see to the fact that I could be discharged as soon as possible. “You’re a wicked little being. Remind me to never get on your bad side.” laughed O. “Well I do what I can.” I shrugged, trying to hide the smile threatening to reveal itself.  We waited for E to come back. He came in two minutes later.

“I have a condition. If you agree, then you can be out in an hour.” he said.  “I’m listening.” I said coolly. Even though I would not disagree to what he said. I wanted to get out of here that badly. “No work for the next five days. The stitches will heal a little by then. Agreed?” he asked. “Yes! Now can I get out?"I enquired. They nodded. 

 


 

A\N: Who else hates hospitals? I know I do!!

Btw have you all checked out the EXO calender yet? Its SSSSSOOOOOOOOOO drool worthy TTT.TTT my feels are all over the place!

Anyway, Happy Reading! (:

tumblr_m8uazx3i8n1qlv0dfo1_500_thumb.png Me <3 this picure!