Frustration.

CheckMate.

“Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success.”
-Bo Bennett

 

“Mia we won’t let anything happen to you.” Suho said, patting my back.  I simply scoffed at what he said. “Are you guys serious? You’re scared of someone who sends dolls?”I teased and laughed. “Relax. It’s a saesang fan who can’t see me with twelve of her favorite oppas.” I rolled my eyes and they frowned. ‘Well it’s a double agent who wants me on his or her side because I’m badass.’ I grinned to myself.

“I’m going out for a jog and you guys go get coffee and get ready.” I said, skipping out of the door. ‘So much for not making them worry. Special agent A2605 has to skip and not walk.’ I grumbled to myself. Before I could grumble some more, a beep from my phone interrupted me. ‘Give me a call after you’re done. I have the daggers ready.’ Mike had texted. After jogging for a while, I took a seat on a cold bench in the park and checked the camera footage through my phone for last night.  The figure was definitely male and the face was completely covered.

Even the eyes were completely covered with some kind of net. I could not make out if that was one of the male agents or just someone hired to do the dirty work. ‘God damn this. When am I ever going to progress? Will I be too late? Will this be the first mission I fail? Urgh.’ I rubbed my face in frustration. “Woah woah calm down woman.” An overly familiar voice stopped me.  “What now Kris?” I asked him, not in the mood for his smartass replies. “Nothing at all. I just found you here rubbing your face like you’re going to peel your skin off and I had to intervene before that happened.” he said non-chalantly.

 I did not bother to give him a response so he just sat down beside me. “You’re weird. Most girls would get scared out of their wits because of the doll. You were laughing. Were you dropped head first a lot as a child or something?” he teased.  “Kris please leave me alone for a while. I really need to clear my head.” I told him. “I promise to stay quiet and not move. I will be like I’m not here at all. Just let me stay here. Please?” he requested. I gave in knowing I would argue with him that would not help anything.
 

KRIS POV

‘What is she doing here?’ I wondered as I approached her. She looked frustrated and peeved, probably because of today morning. So I decided to lighten up the atmosphere a little by teasing her. To my surprise she asked me to leave her alone. It had actually been a while since I had heard a girl say that to me. To bruise my ego even further I pleaded to her to let me sit beside her. 

I wanted to ask her what was going on in that head of hers but decided to not say anything for the fear of coming off like a creeper. I threw her a sideward glance to see her staring straight ahead. The sunlight made the blue in her hair stand out, the natural brown a stark contrast while she bit on her lower lip. Her forehead that was creased in what seemed like worry had me balling my fists in an attempt to control myself from smoothening out those creases.  She was a complete mystery.

The only things I knew about her was the little information that I managed to find on when we visited umma’s café. I automatically smiled remembering that day.  “See Kris I was right. Just another time.” she said suddenly, her lips twitching into a small smile.  “About what?” I asked her, hoping she would answer this time. “That’s for me to know and you to find out.” she repeated what she had said earlier. “Now let’s get back. You need to get ready and Sang Hee will be waiting for me.” she said and got up, offering me her hand.

I took her hand and got up. We walked to the dorm in silence where she proceeded to take her stuff and wave everyone goodbye. She had to leave to get ready with Sang Hee. I leaned at the door of or dorm to watch her walk away. ‘Look back. Come on Mia, just one look. Please. One glance is all I want.’ I sent out mental vibes to her. Just before he turned into the right corridor, she looked back and waved at me. ‘Yes! She looked back! She waved also! Go me!’ I did a victory dance in my head. Somehow, it felt like I had achieved something great.

 


 

A\N: Chapter 61! Preparations for the awards have started.. Will their plan for the Red Carpet work out? What's with Kris being so weird? 

Happy Reading! :D