JR's advice.

CheckMate.

"All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to receive help from other people."
-Alexis Carrel

I woke up earlier than usual the next morning to go running. I came back to see a hilarious sight greeting me. JR was sitting on the couch and all the EXO members were either judging him or glaring at him.  He somehow managed to look unfazed and stared straight ahead. “Dongy’s back!” exclaimed Sehun  and got up. “Goodmorning dongy!” he smiled and hugged me. ‘Sehun’s possessive’ I chuckled. 

“Goodmorning Mia” all of them greeted me.  “Goodmorning Exo” I wished them. “Goodmorning JR-shi” I greeted and then bowed to him.  “Goodmorning Mia-shi” he mocked my tone. “Stop being so formal Mia.” he rolled his eyes. “Would you mind if talking to me alone for a few minutes?” he asked eyeing everyone. “Sure. Just hold on for a minute.” I said.

I turned to EXO who immediately pretend to be engrossed in something else, which ironically for most of them was to stare at the ceiling like it was the eighth wonder of the world.  ‘Tch. Such bad actors’ I said to myself.  “Guys, I’m going to step out for a bit. You guys continue with breakfast. I’ll be back soon” I said. JR held the door open for me.  “I know you have to get back soon but just walk with me till the gate?” he requested. 

“Okay but what are you doing here early morning anyway?” I inquired. “I came here to return this and give you this.” he said as he held out both his hands. In his right hand held out my SME ID card while on the left he held out a delicate silver chain.  “This is something to show how grateful I am that you saved me. Ryan told me how everything works and its refreshing to met a girl who’s so young and brave.” he praised.

“JR I realized that you’re grateful but I was just doing my job. I cannot accept this. Please don’t think you have to repay be back or something.” I explained. “Not even if I say please?” he asked. “Not even if you say pretty please.” I sighed. “Then let me buy you dinner someday.” he requested. “I’ll think about it.” I smiled. “It’s not a No, that’s quite something!” he caught on. 

“You know EXO’s quite possessive of you. I could feel them giving me glares when I said I had come to see you. Although the added rivalry between the two groups did nothing to help.”he said ruefully. Before I could say anything in response to that, he continued on a serious note.

“They don’t know who you are. They think you’re just another choreographer. Don’t let them get so attached to you even if that is hard. In the end, you know it’s going to end in disaster. Even how you look now is a lie. Don’t live the life you don’t have. I wanted to tell you this as you are a really nice person and they are also really nice people. I don’t want any of you to be hurt.” he finished. 

“The gate is here so I’ll see you later. Don’t forget the dinner!” he ruffled my hair and waited for me to turn back. “Mia! Wait!” he suddenly said. “Yes?” I asked. “Be careful.” he said. ‘That was weird. Well, I’ll let it be.’ I thought and started to walk back.

 


A\N: Chapter 27! With JR’s entry! Happy Reading! (: