Resistance.

CheckMate.

“Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
-Sun Tzu

 

Kris and Suho returned to the dorm with some news for the group and I slipped off to the living room to give them privacy to talk as a group I waited on the couch for them to be done.  Just another glance at the clock told me it was over half an hour that I had waited for them. My patience ran thin and I made myself comfortable on the couch and leaned my head back. I started to count backwards from thousand to pass the time. I don’t remember when the numbers lulled me to sleep.

I was rudely awakened by Kai the next morning. “Kai I swear I will kick you if you disturb me. I’m going to sleep now. Don’t you dare disturb me. Go to practice.” I yelled at him. “You have to get up now. No excuses. We’re going to the hospital.” he stated. That made me even more adamant to not get up. I pulled the quilt up over my head and rolled to my side. I hear him go out and slam the door behind him. After a minute or so I heard more footsteps. “You know I’m a pro at not getting up but when I start to wake people up, they really do wake up.” a deep voice sneered. 

Kris. My genius response was to snuggle visibly into the bed. ‘No hospitals for me. I’m fine. Just leave me alone.’ I tried to send out mental vibes to whoever was there.  “Chen get some cold water.  Kai pull the quilt off. Chanyeol, Luhan carry her to the bathroom and dunk her head under the tap but be careful with her arm.” he ordered everyone around. “Wait!! I slept in my underwear. You guys can’t do this to me!” I screamed pretending to be scared.  Everyone froze. “Liar! I carried her to bed remember?” smartass Kai pointed out and he pulled the quilt off.  

“Hyung we did not have cold water so I got juice!” exclaimed Chen, happy to get an opportunity. “Just say you wanted to pour juice over her!” that stupid Baozi laughed as the others joined him. ‘Laugh while you can boys. Every dog has its day. I’ll just wait for mine. In this bed.’ I sighed to myself.  Chen came forward and he had almost tilted the carton enough to be able to pour juice over me before Suho the savior intervened. “Enough! All of you out. Now.” he said quietly. He never shouted or screamed.

He would only say what he wanted to in a very calm and quiet way and you knew if you wanted to stay out of trouble, you do as he says.  “He always spoils the fun..” Chen whined to Baozi who just patted his head in mock sympathy. They padded out of the room wordlessly and I turned my eyes to the ceiling. I felt the bed shift as Suho came and sat on it.

“You know Kai is one of the youngest yet the most troubled members of the group. First, his past still lingers on his mind and then, being targeted because he is the face of our group. It angers me yet I cannot do anything to help him out. Given a chance any of us would take his troubles away.  He feels so burdened and guilty that you took the bullet meant for him. It hurts him to see you so unwilling to go to the hospital yet having to force you.  The more you resist; the more it hurts him.  Do you really want to hurt your friend this much?” he asked, emphasizing on 'your friend' part. 

He waited for a while and then got up. “We’ll be waiting for you outside.” he said, closing the door with a soft bang.  ‘Sly Suho emotionally blackmailing me. I hate your ways.’ I grumbled to myself.  I tried to go back to sleep but my conscience would not let me get any peace. I got up and opened the door to see everyone sitting with a solemn face. Kai was sitting with his face in his hands while Kyungsoo patted his back. 

“I’m going to take a shower. Anyone who wants to come with me yet isn’t ready when I am will be left behind.” I announced. Suho smiled angelically at me and mouthed a ‘Thank You’. ‘Angelic my tiny toe. He can talk like the devil himself.’ I complained to myself. 

 


 

A\N:  Hello there people! School’s been crazy so I have not been able to update! But good news.. I’ll be able to update regularly for a while! (Do I hear any cheers? I hope so!) :D 

The Filipino fans are so lucky! EXO sang in tagalong! @__@  *continues spazz session* also Jongin was hurt :’( I felt really sad when I heard that T.T He's fine now though and was able to perform so that's good :)

So here’s Chapter 43!  Happy  Reading! (: