Corkscrewed.

CheckMate.

"They say love makes you strong. That’s a complete and utter lie. Infact it makes you weak. It corkscrews into your heart and you can never get it out again; not without ripping your heat into pieces."

 

Third person POV

Ina sighed in content as yet another bullet hit the dummy. Her frustration had reached a new high. She had gone to buy an album for Josh when she chanced up EXO’s new album in the World Music section. She had tried hard to look away and stop the rush of memories that clouded up her mind, to stop the bile rising up , to stop the abnormal quickening of her heart; she really had.

She had wanted to turn the other way and not look back but she found herself picking out both the albums. It was only when she had paid for the albums and left the store had she realized that she had forgotten to buy the album she had initially come to get for Josh. Frustrated, she had immediately traced her steps to her heaven.

She threw the gun down as it ran out of bullets yet again and sat down in the corner, her teeth drawing blood as they bit her lips too hard. Sometime later,she heaved herself up, steps quickening due to excitement. For once, she had decided to let herself remember. Even though a big part of her cursed herself for being such a stupid masochist she carried on.  Maybe it was because she really didn’t think it could hurt anymore than it did just then.

Tears pricked her eyes when she saw the Chanyeol photocard that she had received. “Superman Oppa..” she whispered, wiping the tears that stained the card away. The upbeat songs did nothing to help her feel better, every high note scratching at her soul. She missed each one of the boys so much.

Yet, her chest tightened when she heard the deep voice she loved so much rap. It had hardly been one song but she was too emotionally spent to listen to the rest of the album.   

 

Josh POV

“You are sure that this is the number right?” I asked Eric. “Look I’ve told you multiple times, it is this. Now stop pacing around; you’re giving me a headache.” he answered. ‘I need this to work out. I need this to work out for my sister’s sake. I need to see her smile- a genuine, unrestricted smile. It’s been too long already.’ I remind myself.

 “I’m going to call him and talk to him first. But how will this even work? She’s going to hide at the first chance she gets," he reasoned. “Who said she’s going to know?” I challenged him, leaving him with his mouth agape. 

“Now put that big mouth of yours to use and call him.” I said, rolling my eyes at him. He nodded dumbly and picked up the phone only to have it go to voicemail. 

 


 

A\N: I apologise for the long delay, but here I present to you the second last chapter. 

Happy reading! (: