They Like Her.

CheckMate.

“Sometimes you never realize how much you like someone, until you watch them with someone else.”

 

D.O. POV

I turned to switch off the alarm as I kicked off the quilt. After doing my morning routine I headed towards the kitchen. ‘I’ll make pancakes today. Oh look! Kris hung and Mia sleeping together. They look adorable.’ I thought to myself as I walked on. ‘Wait what?! How are they..Together?’ I wondered. I tip-toed towards Suho hyung’s room to wake him up. “Hyung! You need to get up! Kris hyung and Mia.. they.. they’re sleeping together!” I almost yelled, managing to wake up the maknae also. All three of us tip-toed outside like we were a part of some James Bond movie. Suho hyung gasped when he saw the sight.

“Let me go call Luhan hyung. He cannot miss this.” Sehun chuckled. Luhan woke up Xuimin who woke up Chen. This followed till everyone except Kai was awake. Chen insisted on taking a picture so that he could blackmail Kris later. Lastly, Kai trudged over to see what the commotion was about.  I noticed is jaw flex and his hands balling into fists. ‘This isn’t good. Both of them like Mia.’ I realized. He walked over and flicked Mia’s forehead to wake her up. “Yah! Kai! What the heck!!” she yelled, rubbing the spot on her forehead. 

“I’m going to get you!” she got up, forgetting Kris hyung’s hand holding her waist. She fell back and top of him with a thud. “Oof..” muttered Kris groggily. “Good morning Cheesecake!” he said with a smile plastered over his face. Xuimin hyung cleared his throat nosily. “Good morning everyone..” he said sheepishly as Mia shifted herself. “So what’s for breakfast?” Suho hyung asked, breaking the ice. “Hyung can we have pancakes?” Sehun asked, oblivious to the tension in the room. I nodded at him making him beam in response. Then I turned to look Kai who was about to explode. “Kai would you mind helping?” I asked.

He nodded and walked to my side after glancing at Mia who was admiring the floor. ‘They both like her.’ I thought to myself. I started on the pancake batter; Kai clutching the kitchen counter like his life depended on it. “You like her.” I stated, trying to get him to talk. He looked up at me, tilting his head to the side, giving it a thought. “At first I thought it was repayment for saving my life, then it thought it was friendship but today morning..” he trailed off. “Today morning?” I asked, encouraging him to continue. “I felt red hot anger when I saw them. I felt betrayed.  That should be me with her. I understand her more than hyung does.” Kai said, pain resonating through his voice.

“We don’t know what happened. Don’t get ahead of yourself.” I scolded him. That boy was losing hope even before taking a step forward. “Didn’t Kris hyung’s smile say enough? You know what happens after that. I’m not going to fight with him for a girl. You know that hyung.” he despaired. “Mia isn’t like other girls. She doesn’t fangirl over us. She may not like Kris hyung. She took a bullet for you, which must mean something.” I argued. “She also saved me from the anti-fans by kissing me.” he added.

“She did what?” I asked, not sure if I had heard right. “She saved me yesterday from the anti-fans. I would be beaten into a pulp by now if she hadn’t done that.” he mused. ‘You really shouldn’t have done that Mia. I just hope Kai isn’t hurt in this game of yours.’ I thought as I worked in silence and soon breakfast was ready. “Breakfast is ready!” Kai called out. Everyone came and sat at the table. Lay hyung walked over to call Mia for breakfast. “I don’t want any.” We heard her reply. “I won’t allow that.” I could see Lay cross his arms across his chest.

“I’m not hungry.” she groaned. “What did you have for dinner?” he asked. “Pasta.” she replied, a moment too late. “You skipped dinner.” he stated as he walked back to the table. He put enough food for both of them on a plate and sat beside her. She worked as he fed her. ‘Lay hyung if only looks could kill. You’d be dead twice over.’ I sighed. As we mulled over food, “I got it!” followed by and “Ouch! Ouch! Ow!” made us all look towards the couch. In excitement of 'getting' something, Mia had stood up and then realized her ankle was injured. ‘It’s just Mia being Mia.’ I said to myself and went back to breakfast.

 


A\N: Finally it's out in the open. They both like her. Plus, D.O. dislikes Mia now!

Okay now i shall explain the second clue.

If you count the number of letters in the code, there are 36; which is actually 6x6.

So you have to write it down in rows of 6 letters each. That will give you 6 columns and 6 rows.

Next step is you write the whole down again, one column at a time.

Then you are just one step away from solving the code. That step will only be revealed in the next chapter.

Winners shall be chosen before I post that chapter.

Have fun solving the code!  Happy Reading! (: