Risk.

CheckMate.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." 

-T.S. Eliot 
 
 

“Coffee?” Kai asked as soon as I stepped into the dorm. “I told you to go to sleep.” I pointed out. “I told you I’ll be waiting for you.” he shrugged, handing me a cup anyway. “Goodmorning!” Kyungsoo greeted us, surprised. “Goodmorning!” we synced. “You know Kai someday you could grace your hyungs with coffee. I’ll look forward to that day.” he mocked. “Actually Kai plans to make breakfast today. Isn’t it?” I smiled.

“What rubbish are you sprout—“ he exclaimed, making D.O. laugh. “Why don’t you make breakfast then? Let’s test your cooking skills.” he said smugly. “Fine.  You’re going to regret this.” I declared and started to put out ingredients for pancakes. “You both can go get ready. I won’t burn the kitchen down.” I reassured D.O. as I saw him gulping.  Soon, the others woke up, surprised to see me preparing breakfast instead of D.O.

As they got ready I was almost done preparing breakfast. Only Kai’s pancakes were left. His pancakes had to be made in the end so that I could add something special.  “Mischief managed.” I whispered to myself as I added some chilli powder into the batter. “Chocolate chip Pancakes!!” Xiumin yelled as soon I as turned around with the plate piled with pancakes. “It’s judgment time!” Kai sing songed. I smiled in glee as he started to eat. He immediately spat the half chewed food on his plate.

“Serves you right for doubting my cooking skills.” I said and hit his head. I proceeded to shower and when I was out, the kitchen countertop and the table was clean. “You can thank me later.” Kai winked at me. “Enough Kai.” Suho scolded him. “This boy and his hormones.” I heard him mutter as we all filed out. Two vans stood waiting so that EXO could be escorted to the location of the photoshoot which were followed discretely by security.

 A couple of minutes after we had started on our way, Eric called for an immediate meeting at the Base. “Stop the car. I need to go. Be careful all of you.” I said and got of the car. Breaking into a run as the dorms were quite near I reached the dorm and grabbed my keys and backpack. As I drove to the dorm, I wondered what could have happened for Eric to call a meeting. I reached the Base to see Eric waiting for the others.

“Third warning.” he sighed, answering my question before I had a chance to inquire. “Eric I think you should know that Ryan wasn’t—“ I stopped when I saw Mike had already arrived. “I think Ryan isn’t getting better.” I lied, glaring at Mike.  “Any idea where Ivy is?” Eric asked, already calling her. “. She didn’t pick up. They probably targeted her first again.” he said and we all got up.

“Wait a second. She texted saying that she can’t make it because of her group.” Mike said. “I’ll just update her after we finish. The third warning was in form of a message from the same number that we have received them from. Mia did you manage to track it yet?” he asked. “No luck with that yet.” I shrugged. “Use resources. Money, contacts, Mafia; whatever it takes. I need that number in 24 hours. Clear?” he snapped. I nodded at him, my mind running on overdrive.

 ‘Seems like it’s time for me to confront the traitor. I somehow have to make him give in.’ I decided. “Mia you can start work now. Mike use your underground contacts and get the local police to do the same. I’ll talk to the Director to fly in a special force. I want to wipe out whoever is behind this before this week ends. It’s Wednesday today which means we have three more days. I don’t care about the cost anymore. Get going and keep watch on your idols.” he assigned duties.

 I went to the location of their photoshoot, as protecting Kai was my first priority. Now that the third warning was issued they were out for blood.  The location was that of a very big studio where they were getting individual shots of different members. “Oppa where’s Kai?” I asked Tao who was sitting and watching Kris getting his photos clicked. “Mei he’s gone to get his hair done. He’ll be here soon.” Tao answered kindly. 

I nodded and synced my phone to track Mike. I noticed he was at the SM Building. ‘Wasn’t he supposed to talk to the local force?’ I wondered. ‘Why would he do that when he’s the one behind all of this and all our plans failing. You’re doing down in a few hours Mike.  I won’t hesitate to bury a few bullets in him if I have to. However before that I need to make sure he talks.’ I decided my plan of action after that.

It was highly risky and a lot of things could go wrong but that was the only way I could see out of it. So I took out my phone and hit the reply button to the last message I had received. ‘I’m in.’ I typed quickly and hit send before I could change my mind. Now I just had to wait for him to reply.  

 


 

A\N:  The action is here!  Who's excited?

I really hope you all are! 

Tell me what you think about it so far? 

Or even what you think will happen?

Happy Reading! (: