Purpose.

CheckMate.

“The enduring attraction of war is this: Even with its destruction and carnage it can give us what we long for in life. It can give us purpose, meaning, a reason for living.”

-Chris Hedges, War is a force that gives us meaning

 

Damn, I was late. “Sorry I’m late.” I said and settled down. Their grave faces worried me a lot. Usually no matter how bad the news is it’s never reflected on their faces. “We found out the purpose of the attacks.” said O. He was unusually grave so it worried me even more. “Isn’t that supposed to be good news?” I asked utterly confused. 

“Not everything is the way it should be.” answered U.  “Oh that helps a lot.” I muttered. “Snobby agents who answer cryptically getting on my nerves.” I mumbled to myself but a quiet giggle from I told me she heard me too. “Anyway watch this..” E pointed to the white board in the room which functioned as a screen. The clip started showing a man with a white jabbawockeez mask on his face. 

“I speak on behalf of a large force backing me. I know that CIA is helping you keep your idols safe. Let me tell you, they are not really safe. Poor Tiffany suffered last because all of you are being stubborn. Just agree to our demand and these attacks will stop. Our demand is very simple. Let the copyrights for these groups be free. Or else it will be Eunhyuk next. Our attacks will progressively get worse. Don’t blame us if you lose one of your beloved idols. The fans will ruin your company.  

For the CIA agents, you’ve just made the chase more interesting for us. We’re always up for some games. See you at war.” The voice was mechanized so we could not use that as a lead. “This was sent to the heads of SM Entertaintment, SindusHQ (A\N: Jay Park’s company) and Pledis Entertainment .(A\N: Nu’est’s company) This was much worse than what I expected. “What now?” I asked them. “We have to find out who they are and who they work for. Till we do that security levels have to be increased, we can do nothing more than that yet.” answered I. 

“Just that will not work, they are out to kill now rather than just injure. We need to find out who they are.” grumbled O, rubbing his face.  “We all know that. But how  exactly is the question.” said E, clearly annoyed. “We can try finding out  who they are only if…” I started.  Everyone was hanging on every word I spoke. I cleared my throat to explain.

 

 


 

A\N:  A very warm welcome to all my new readers! I’m hoping you like reading the story as much as I love writing it!  

Any ideas on how to find out who ‘they’ are? 

The agent line up is here:

A-Mia, electronics in charge.
E-Eric, leader.
I-Ivy, weapons in charge.
O-Mike, information in charge.
U-Ryan, manpower in charge.

Anyway, Happy reading! (: