Cheesecake.

CheckMate.

"For every trouble under the sun
There is Cheesecake or there is none
Be there one, try to find it
Be there none... go out and buy it!
"

 

“Which is?” he asked. “You’ll treat me to the best blueberry cheesecake around here.” I demanded. “You like cheesecake?” he asked displaying a rarely seen smile.  “Nope. I love it!” I screamed and headed to change. When I came back, we head out. Correction: He walked while I skipped. “Who’s driving?” I asked. “I am.” he said, back to his usual face. He held the door open and mad sure I was seated before he walked to the other side. 

“Where are we going?” I asked him. “We’re going to have cheesecake, Mia.” he said while rolling his eyes. He acted as if I had asked him what 2+2 was.  “But where exactly?” I prodded. “You’re new here. You won’t recognize the place anyway. Why should I tell you then?” he asked, eyes still on the road but a smirk tugging at his lips.  I really could not argue with his logic so I pretended to sulk. We stopped at a hole in the wall café. I was about to get off before he stopped me. He quickly got out and walked to the passenger side to hold the door open for me.  

“You know I maybe injured but I’m not handicapped.” I hissed. “You’re a lady and you need to be treated like one. Get used to it Mia. I was expected to do this since I was six for all my mother’s friends and their daughters.” he grumbled.  “I’m guessing you were popular with their daughters then..” I laughed, imagining girls running after Kris.  “Actually not till recently, since I looked like a convict even though my manners were impeccable. “ he chuckled. “Look at you now! You look like a super model!” I exclaimed. “Are you trying to say that I’m extremely good looking?” he teased. 

“Would that be so bad?” I question back non-chalantly even though it was evident I was embarrassed. “Thank you! Now let’s head in.” he smiled.  The café was small and homely; it felt like the type where the owner would know all the regular customers. “Kevin Wu. Get out this instant. You promised me you’re going to visit when you’re back from China. Yet, I see you now after more than two months...” an ajhumma scolded him. “Mianhe umma, but the busy schedules have not allowed me to come visit you. However, today I’m not alone. I got someone with me. “ he gestured towards me.  

“Did you get the boys with you again?”she asked. “Aniyo umma.. this time it’s someone else.” He said and pushed me forward. “Anneyounghaseyo, Mia imnida.” I bowed to the kind looking lady.  “Aigoo.. she’s so well mannered! Who is she Kevin?” she patted my head and asked Kris. “She’s our new choreographer, umma. Not only well mannered, she’s also brave and kind..” he beamed.  I awkwardly cleared my throat. “What would like to have Mia?” she asked me. “I’ll have a blueberry cheesecake please.” I answered with a smile.  Kris pulled me to sit at a small table near a window. 

“I thought your family is currently in Canada?” I asked him. “She’s like my umma. Whenever training would get difficult I would come here. She’s like my mother so I call her umma.” he answered. “Tell me about your family.” he prodded.  “There’s nothing to say. We were a normal family. I had a brother who is two years younger to me and we share a very volatile relationship. We would always end up fighting if we were in the same room. However, I miss him a lot.” I said smiling sadly. “You know I always wanted a sibling but I was an only child. Now I have eleven brothers who I know will stand by me no matter what." he smiled.  

“Guess what?” I asked him. “What?” he asked me almost immediately. ‘I promise to do everything I can do to protect them.’ I vowed. “I was right!”I smiled at him.  “About?” he asked, confused. “That’s for me to know and you to guess..” I laughed.  Just then ajhumma came with two cheesecakes and a small jar of some kind of syrup. Kris thanked her and the proceeded to pour the syrup all over his cheesecake.  I took a bite of the blueberry cheesecake. “It’s delicious!”I exclaimed.  “Try this.. It’s even better.” he offered. “What’s that?”I asked. “Pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust and maple syrup.” he smiled.

 “N-no thank you. I’m good.” I faltered.  “Your loss.” he shrugged and proceeded to enjoy his cheesecake. To be honest, it looked really delicious but somehow, ‘pumpkin’ cheesecake threw me off. Curious, I reached out for his cheesecake and he quickly shifted his plate. “You can taste it but you cannot have anymore since you never listened to me.” he conditioned. I nodded and took a bite.The maple syrup caused the flavors to pop in my mouth  and my blueberry cheesecake was long forgotten. I reached out for his cheesecake again.

“Nu-uh. Those who hesitate; never win. Now go back to your cliché blueberry cheesecake while I enjoy mine.” he smirked. “Please Kris.. Please? I’ll share mine with you too!” I offered.  “No.” he resolved. “Kevin Wu. I am a lady and you shall treat me like one. Now hand your plate over.” I said sternly. “Remind me to watch my words with you around.” he said as he reluctantly handed his plate to me.  I smiled angelically at him and offered him mine.  

We talked about his trainee days and the crazy antics of EXO. By the end of our chat, I realized Suho was the only normal one.  Kris may seem like an arrogant, cold person but he was actually really down-to-earth and fun. “You better be back soon Kevin. I’d like to see you again too Mia.” Umma smiled. “Now that I’ve had your cheesecake I don’t think I’ll stay away for long. It was delicious!” I gushed and waved goodbye to the kind lady. Then, we started to make our way back to the dorm.

 


 

A\N: Hello there everyone! 

So the leader was Kresee..! Btw picture of the pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust and maple syrup is right here..  and there's a predebut pic of Kris as the main image..he does look like a convict!

pumpkincheesecake.jpg

Also, I'm planing to write a one shot for Kai's birthday.. Should I or should I not?

Anyway, do comment, subscribe, upvote and most importantly; ENJOY!  Happy Reading! (: