Sorry.

CheckMate.

“And I felt sorry, and I have felt bad about what happened.”
-Monica Lewinsky

 

Both of us entered the dorm together to see D.O. and Lay cooking. When they turned to look at me their eyes widened. I must have looked like a sight, a bloodied shirt and bloodshot eyes. “I’ll explain once everyone’s here.” I answered their unasked questions.  I went ahead and took a shower. I stepped out to see everyone awake anxiously waiting for me. All of them must be told of my grand entry this morning then. I took my backpack out and put my laptop, wallet and some extra clothes in.

I set the backpack on the floor, next to the empty chair and slid into it. I awkwardly cleared my throat feeling all eyes on me. “I sincerely apologize for making you all worry last night. The situation got a little out of hand and I reacted in the wrong way.” I started. “It’s al---“ Suho started.  I held my hand up, asking him to stop. “As I was saying, what happened is Ryan was attacked when I had gone to meet him and he is in a critical condition right now.” I told them.

 I skipped the details to avoid uselessly lying and also making them worry. Their sympathy was just making me feel guiltier. The sound of the chair scraping the floor was the only sound that was heard before I got up. “I’m going to the hospital. I will not be back for a few days. You guys stay safe and please don’t venture out unnecessarily. Call me if you need anything.” I said, giving Kai a glare. I my heels as Suho followed me to the door.

“Mia I’m sorry to hear about Ryan, but I feel he’ll be okay. Take care of yourself and call me atleast once a day okay?” he asked. I nodded in response and faked a smile.  As I walked away from the door, I texted JR.  ‘Come to the hospital. Bring the boys with you.’ Next the agents. ‘Urgent. Report to hospital now.’  If I was to tell them what happened, I rather not say it twice.

 I got to the hospital to see Nu’est already waiting outside Ryan’s room. They all looked at me with questions etched in their eyes. “I’ll start once they others have arrived.” I told them and sat down on a chair. The others arrived one by one. ‘One of you have sold us off to the other organization. I promise to find out and personally make you suffer till you’ve been through hell and back.’ I vowed.

“Yesterday Ryan and I meet up since he wanted to see how I was doing and treat me to some icecream. We were on our way when someone came and shot Ryan four times. He is now in a coma. When he wakes up there is a high chance of him being paralyzed from neck down since the hits were very close to his spine. “ I narrated looking at the three agents for one flicker of joy or some sort of glee. No one reacted in a favorable way. We were all too well trained. Turning to Nu’est, Aron and Baekho had made JR sit on a chair as he buried his face in his hands. “Mian hyung mian..” was all he kept chanting. 

 


 

A\N: A filler chapter to build up the story.. don't worry the next chapter will be up really soon..

 Happy Reading! (: