Questions.

CheckMate.

“You mustn't always believe what I say. Questions tempt you to tell lies, particularly when there is no answer.”
- Pablo Picasso

KAI POV

I kept singing till she fell asleep. Her clothes were matted with dried blood and her face was covered with tear stains. It was very disturbing to see someone as strong as her crying like there’s no tomorrow. When I called her, I knew she would be upset but I never expected this. She kept trying to explain and tell me something but I could wait till she had calmed down.

 I was scared that if she tries to explain then she would never stop crying. ‘If JR has caused her to be like this then he’s going to die. I swear I’d kill him with my bare hands.’ I vowed to myself. With that, I rested my head on hers. “I really hope you wake up to a happier day, Mia.” I whispered to her and kissed her forehead.

The sun shining through the window woke me up. Mia was still curled on my lap, quite a contrast from last night. She looked so peaceful and serene. I hated to wake her up but EXO had practice soon and there would be no more time for questions. I gently rubbed my palm against her cheeks and whispered against her ears, “Mia..”

 

Mia POV

“Mia.. Mia..” Kai whispered his breath hot as he shook me awake.  “I’m awake but I just don’t want to wake up.” I told him. “Mia come on, wake up. Could you possibly tell me what possibly tell me what happened last night?” he gently asked. “I had gone to see Ryan yesterday and he was attacked. They shot him four times. I couldn’t do anything. He’s in a coma now and even if he ever gets up, then there’s a chance he will be paralyzed from neck down. I feel so guilty. I could do nothing. Even acknowledging it aloud causes unbearable pain.” I explained just loud enough for him to hear.  

The warm, salty traitors started to roll down my face again. “I need to tell JR. I need to tell Nu’est. I need to tell my other friends. I just don’t know how.” I said and opened my eyes to see Kai earnestly gazing at me. “Can I do anything to help?” he added. “You’ve done more than enough. I can’t express my gratitude to you in words. Thank you.” I told him sincerely.

“There you go hiding behind that mask. Let people in Mia. Sometimes, it’s okay to admit you need comfort. The sooner you realize it, the less burdened you’ll feel.” he chided. ‘I’ve been selfish enough Kai. I’ve been too close to revealing the truth already. I don’t want to burden you anymore. It’s better that you believe I’m a friend and let me protect you.’ I thought to myself. “I have to go. You have practice.” I pointed out, puling myself up from his protective embrace.

I missed his warmth as soon as we lost contact.  “Don’t forget, I’m right here if you need to vent or need anything at all.” he said, as he caught my wrist. He then got up for made me face him. “After all, the princess always waits for her prince isn’t it?” he smiled and kissed my forehead. I never answered as I was too busy trying to get my heart to calm down.

 


 

A\N: Chapter 52 dear readers! Drown in Kai feels T-T 

Happy Reading! (: