Beautiful.

CheckMate.

“There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty. “

 -Hussein Nishah 

 

KRIS POV

“Hyung stop smiling like that. You’re starting to creep us out.” Chanyeol ‘whispered’ loudly, causing everyone to laugh. I just rolled my eyes and ignored him. “He didn’t say anything. I think we need a new leader.” Chen pointed out. “Zhang Yixing as leader of EXO-M from today.” Xuimin hyung said, raising Lay’s hand in the air while Luhan hyung clapped.

 “Yah! I can hear everything!” I yelled. “Tao stop making up rubbish. Kris hyung is fine. We don’t need a new leader maknae.” Chen scolded Tao.  “Chen do you want to be beaten up?” I asked him. “Excuse me, I’ll start getting ready.” Chen said and ran away. The next three hours were spent with the twelve of us getting ready to make an entrance. It had been five minutes since we were ready yet we did not make a move.

"Suho what are we waiting for?” I asked him. “We have to wait for Mia to come, she’s going to ride with us.” he said. I nodded and we resumed our wait for a few more minutes till the unmistakable clack-clack of heels had us craning your necks.  “Sorry I made you guys wait. Sang Hee unnie drove me crazy.” she complained.  ‘Mia, my Mia; no wait EXO’s Mia is wearing a gown and she looks like a vision in it.’ I thought to myself. 

 

MIA POV

For two hours Sang Hee made me keep changing dresses and putting makeup or doing my nails. It reminded me so much of my life  before I started training that I wanted to just run away and attend the event in jeans. Finally when she stepped back and told me I was done, I all but ran from her after thanking her. Then I called Mike and he handed me a bandana and a few daggers. I tied the bandana above my right knee tightly and strapped in the daggers.

In case of an emergency I could easily use them as the right side of my dress had a slit starting from the knee. ‘I hope that I don’t have to fight today as this dress is not an ideal garment to move about too much in, forget fight. I entered the EXO dorm apologizing for making them wait. They all stared at me like I had grown an extra head. “You know you look really pretty but come here for a second.” Baekhyun spoke up. “Close your eyes and hold still.” he said, taking some eyeliner from his pocket. I could feel him putting some on for me and then he stepped back. “Thanks Baek.” I beamed at him.

“Can you guys please stop gawking at me? I know I’m not a dress person but stop making me so self conscious.” I said to them.  They all shifted their gaze to either the walls or the ceiling. After I had managed to get them in the formation, we all left the dorm and piled on in the mini-van. The boys were really nervous; they kept muttering their parts under their breath, rehearsing steps in their seat and give themselves a pep talk. Just then my phone lit up.

 ‘Success. The idols will not talk the Red Carpet due to public disturbance.’ E said. They caused me to smile a little. “You managed to clean up really well. Even though it’s really weird to see you in a dress you’ve managed brilliantly.” D.O. smiled proudly at me. “If I had a choice I would actually turn up in jeans. About managing in a dress, my father is a CEO of a company so I had to attend business parties quite often.” I explained, a little bit of bitterness seeping into my voice.

“You should wear a dress all the time. That will inform people that you’re a girl since you don’t act like one.” Chen snickered. I laughed in response as I tried to imagine myself trying to complete missions or deal with the Mafia in a dress. I kept laughing till I could feel tears spring to my eyes. I was going to carelessly wipe them till Baekhyun slapped my hands away. “You’ll ruin the eyeliner!!” he exclaimed like it was the end of the world.  Before I could pacify him, we had already reached.

 


 

A\N: This is the dress she wears just imagine a slit on the right side starting from her knees. All the other dresses wih slits were not something I'd imagine Mia wearing.

The Red Carpet was a succss yet we have the awards to go. Will something happen?

Happy reading! (: