Loss.

CheckMate.

 “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

-Norman Cousins

 

“Mia it’s playtime.” he smirked. “Let Mike go first. Then we can play all you want.” I said, acting like I was bored. “You think I’m a fool? He’ll just help you later. Come on, time is running out.” he said, getting impatient. “We’re the CIA. We live by our promise.” I solemnly stated, hoping to stall. I knew I was not exactly in a condition to fight. He answered by untying my wrists and stepping back with three fingers raised.

 I took my stance with legs bent apart and shoulders hunched. As the countdown ended, he kicked my legs trying to break my stance. I jumped over it and landed to doge a punch thrown to my right. He threw another to my left and I ducked down. He repeated the same routine twice in quick succession before I finally realized what he was trying to do. He was trying to tire me out before he could beat me into a pulp.

“Enough. If you want to play; let’s not do it like five year olds.” I yelled. It was better to try and tackle him when I still can rather than hand myself over to him in a silver platter. My motive was to get to his neck so that I could get him unconscious or choke him. “You have been surrounded from all sides. Surrender peacefully or we won’t hesitate to shoot at sight.” A familiar warning interrupted us as the sound of choppers could be distinctly heard.

‘The SWAT team is here. It’s almost over.’ I thought to myself.  Scott’s was lost in thought and I took the opportunity to untie Mike. When he noticed what I was doing and grabbed my arm to make me face him. A kick to the gut had sent me staggering backwards. Mike had managed to untie himself though and he grabbed on to Scotts’ neck, trying to knock him unconscious.  He was struggling because Scotts kept trying to scratch his face.

 I went to them and used Scotts’ gun to shoot his leg. Mike and I ran out the cellar just as Scotts’ shot at both of us. Mike got hit in his calf while I took a bullet on my back. A group of four men came and surrounded us. “Mike go. I’ll take care of them. Send immediate backup.” I said, seeing his condition was worse than mine. He nodded and tried to get away as quickly as he could. I shot at the first man and grabbed his gun.

Suddenly I landed face first into the ground as I was shoved by another. I shot at the other two men while the third one escaped. I took their guns and noticed Scotts’ trying to jump from the window. I made a clean shot to his knee.  “Mia this isn’t over. It won’t be till I have won. If there is one person in the world I would do anything to destroy, it would be you.” he hissed. “It’s an honor B.D. Unfortunately the game was over the moment I was brought there. I had a tracker on me.” I laughed.

“You made my first mission as a Guardian hell for me and I ruined everything for you. You’ve lost everything.”  I added. “Oh no, you misunderstand sweetheart. We’re completely even. You got my everything and I got your precious idol. Remember that call? That was to confirm Kai’s on his way to heaven.” he laughed right back. “You’re lying! I made sure he was safe.” I yelled out loud. ‘He was unconscious and has no training. The priority was you and not him.’ a voice inside my head nagged.

“Distraught yet?” he mocked. Something inside me had cracked, broken and died as my worst nightmare became reality. In that very moment I decided what I was going to do. ‘Killed him for self defense.’ I would give that as an excuse I thought as I shot at him. I heard footsteps which caused me to shoot even faster. He reciprocated with the same vigor as bullets bounced off the cement pillar in front of me. 

Knowing I had less than even a minute I stepped into his line of view to serve him what he deserved for once and for all. “Mia! No! Don’t do it god damn it.” Eric called out, knowing what I had in mind.  A moment of hesitation was all it took for him. I staggered at the impact of bullets drilled into my body as my head collided with the pillar. “Get that bastard!” I heard Eric shout as I lay in a heap below. ‘I failed everyone.’ was my last thought as I gave up willingly to the comforting darkness.

 


 

A\N: Sorry for the late update again! I’ve been living without the internet for quite a while now  T_T

So.. It’s over huh?

I don’t know what to say anymore.. so comments? Please?

Happy Reading! (: