Comfort.

CheckMate.

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."                                                                                                                 

- George Eliot

 

Due to the moon light streaming in from the window, his hair cast shadows on his face. It made it difficult to measure his expression at me taking up his offer. He opened his arms to beckon me forward. I stumbled forward and bent down to allow him to engulf me into a tight hug. He rubbed my back as I sobbed on his shoulders. After a short while, I pushed him away. “Kai I don’t know where to start. I couldn’t tell you that I—“ I started while I held his face in my palms making sure he paid close attention. “Shhh...” he held a finger to my lips.

“ I don’t want to know anything right now. Just be quiet. I’m here to provide comfort, not to look for answers alright?” he asked. I nodded as another whimper escaped my lips. I buried my face on his chest to muffle the sobs that threatened to escape. “Mia, everything will be okay. I promise you that.” He reassured me. “No Kai, it can’t….” I raised my head to answer him. “Have faith. It will be...” he said confidently. ‘How do I make you understand that it won’t get any better? Infact it’s going to get much worse from now on.’ I thought to myself as hopelessness and defeat poisoned my veins.

“Right now it may seem like it’s the darkest night ever but then it’s going to dawn soon,” he murmured. After a long pause filled with my stifling cries he spoke again. “Mia, could I please call Suho hyung and let him know you’re safe? All of them were really worried.” he stated. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak just yet. I made a move to untangle myself from him but his grip on my waist tightened, keeping me in place. “Hyung Mia’s fine.” he said. I could hear multiple voices saying something. “Yes, I’ll make sure. Anneyong.” he ended. I nuzzled my face into his warm neck.

 “You know you’re everyone’s favorite.” he smiled. Instead of making me feel better it intensified the guilt I felt. I closed my eyes against the tears that threatened to spill. A few escaped anyway. “Please Mia, please don’t cry anymore. I’ve never seen anyone crying so much at once and to be honest you’re freaking me out. Just try and sleep. It’s a new day tomorrow. We’ll get through whatever has happened together. Just please…” he trailed off as desperation coloring his tone. I snuggled against his chest and focused on his breathing to distract me.

 None of us moved and my sobs had died down but sleep still seemed like a very distant thought. “Cant’ sleep?” he asked. I shook my head against his shoulder. “Let me sing for you. In return you have to relax and try and sleep okay?” he asked. I just nodded in response. He tucked my head under his chin and wrapped his arms snuggly around my torso. He started to slightly rock me back and forth as he sang.

Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal
Nae simjangeul geodueoga
Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha
Dalbitjochado nuneul gameun bam

Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon
Huigeuk anui han gujeorieotdeoramyeon
Neoui geu saramgwa bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo

Baby don't cry, tonight
Eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby don't cry, tonight
Eobseotdeon iri doel geoya

Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun niga aniya,
Kkeutnae molla ya hae deon

So baby don't cry, cry
Nae sarangi neol jikilteni

He continued to sing till his song lulled me into a dreamless slumber.

 


 

A\N: Second update for today! Sweet Kai <3 <3 who's heart did Kai melt?

Be nice and comment! I was nice and updated.. twice! :D

Happy Reading! (: