Weak.

CheckMate.

"Sometimes you have to allow yourself to be weak in order to grow stronger."

 

D.O. POV

“That’s it for today boys. I’ll see you again tomorrow.” Greg hyung said as we ended practice. Kai all but flew out of the door. I knew he was going to watch Kris’ proposal from afar. I sighed knowing this would end badly. If Mia accepted, Kai would hurt on the other hand if she did not Kris would hurt. Either way atleast one of them would hurt and it was her fault. All of us finally returned to the dorm and as I expected, Kai had already left.  “Kyung I’m very hungry!” Xiumin hyung whined.

“Aish hyung when are you not hungry? We got over early today; even then I can’t rest.” I complained as I made my way towards the kitchen. As I made kimchi fried rice, my mind debated over Mia’s probable decision. ‘She wouldn’t accept would she?’ I asked myself. ‘She could. Kris seems close to her.’ another part of me reasoned. ‘She’s close to everyone.’ I scoffed. As I laid the table, I realize that the others were discussing the same thing. “She won’t accept. She doesn’t like him that way.” Baekhyun hyung stated.

“She will accept because Kris hyung will impress her. She will give him a chance.” Tao reasoned. “Stop arguing. It’s alright till everyone is happy.” Suho hyung said, acting as peacemaker. “Exactly.. arguing will not make them be home sooner. The suspense is killing me too though.” Chanyeol whined. Just then my phone rang and I saw Kai calling. “Yeobsaeyo?” I answered.

“I’m from The Timber House at the Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel. Your number was saved as an emergency contact on this gentleman’s phone whom I recognize as Kai from EXO.  Unfortunately, he drank a little bit too much and has passed out. Do you mind escorting him home, Sir?” a man asked.  “I’ll be there soon. Please take care of him.” I requested as I got up.

‘So she did accept the proposal. ‘ I thought to myself as I wore my shoes. “D.O?” Suho hyung called. “Kai’s passed out in a bar. She accepted.” I mumbled as I picked up the car keys and left. As I entered the parking lot I saw Mia getting down from Kris’ car as he held the door open for her. “I hope you’re happy now.” I spat at her and proceeded to use EXO-K’s manager’s car.  

 

LUHAN POV

“What just happened?” Sehun asked as D.O. rushed out. “Kai’s drank again. I thought he gave it up.” Suho said, clearly disappointed. “I can’t believe all of you are actually this blind.” Baekhyun said. All of us turned and glared at him. “Kai likes Mia. It’s very apparent.” he shrugged. Before we could react to that, a knock sounded through the room. In came Kris and Mia and to my surprise none of them looked very happy. “I’ll go shower. Excuse me.” Mia said as she pulled out some clothes.

We all looked at Kris questioning as he hung his head low in disappointment. “She did not accept. She’s now my ‘bestest friend’. I feel so stupid right now. I can’t believe I got my hopes high.” he said as he walked dejectedly into his room. “If Kai likes her and she did not accept shouldn’t he be happy and not getting drunk?” Xiumin hyung questioned. “I’ll call D.O. and ask him about the whole deal.” Suho said after a while since none of us could figure out what had conspired.  

 

D.O. POV

I entered the address on the GPS system and make my way to the hotel.  Thankfully there was less of traffic at this hour and I reached in about fifteen minutes. I entered the hotel not caring if I was sloppily dressed.  As I spot as the manager of the Timber House I walk upto him. “I’m here to my friend Kai. I heard he passed out a while ago?” I told him, uncertain. “Ah yes, this way please.” he said, guiding me to a secluded corner in the VIP section. I saw Kai passed out and he looked like he had somehow survived a raging storm.

“My men will help carry him to the car..” he said and motioned for two burly men to pick him up. “Thank you for your co-operation. I hope we can keep this matter between us.” I said, knowing the media would be out to get him if this gets leaked.  “Ofcourse. You’d be surprised to find the number of idols we host on a regular basis.” he winked. I managed not to wince at that and turned quickly. I walked with the two men supporting Kai’s tall frame.

I told them to put him in the passenger seat. After reclining the seat and putting his seatbelt on, I got in and started to drive. A couple of mintues later I noticed a car following us. To confirm my doubt, I slowed down and noticed the car followed. Having to option I pulled over to the side so that the car would pass first. To my surprise it stopped in front of me and a few men came out of the car.

I stepped out of the car and walked upto the man who seemed like the leader. “What do you want?” I asked, having a bad feeling that this wasn't going to end well. He sneered at me and forcefully grabbed my chin, turning my head. I saw Kai being carried towards that car by the others. “Where are you taking him? Haljima!” I started to struggle. The man punched me in the jaw and I could taste blood. “Go and inform your pretty little group that your beloved Kai has been taken as hostage.”

The men just laughed as they got back into the car and drove away. I stood there dazed and I recollected myself so I could drive back. ‘I couldn’t protect you Jongin. Forgive hyung.’ I cursed myself. Never had I despised myself this much for being so weak.

 


 

A\N: Don't beat me up yet.. I still have to finish the story before I die :p

Any guesses on what happens next?

Also read Umpteenth message? rekoo-s wrote this for me and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!

Happy Reading! (: