Heartbroken.

CheckMate.

“There will always be a soft spot in my heart for you; even when you’ve done wrong; even when you don’t love me back and even when you’ve left me heartbroken. “

 

MIA POV

I turned to watch the view outside and tried to memorize every detail. I want to remember how beautiful Seoul looked today even after I was many thousand miles away. Kris cleared his throat to catch my attention and nodded downwards. "Cheesecake!" I exclaimed. He just laughed at my reaction. "Is it from ajhumoni's cafe?" I asked, noticing it looked the same. "You tell me. Go ahead.. Taste it!" he shrugged. I took a bite of the delicious looking cheesecake.

 "It tastes almost the same; yet something's different." I voiced my verdict. "That's because it's made my yours truly using the same recipe." he smirked, gesturing to himself. "Bravo." I complimented him as I continued to relish the delicious dessert. "Don't you want some?" I asked him when I noticed there wasn't a second slice on the table. "I've already ordered for some coffee but since it's you offering, I'll take that." he said and ate the bite I had offered with a shy smile. Then his coffee arrived and I went back to my custom made cheesecake.

 

KRIS POV

Mia looked beautiful in that dress. She was clueless as to why I had brought her here. As the evening passed by I grew more and more nervous. My hands had started to grow clammy at the thought of confessing. I was starting to have second thoughts about it but I knew I couldn't wait any longer for her answer. If I did something inappropriate like pulling her into my arms without first telling her what I felt about her then it would make things very awkward. "Kris? EXO planet to Kris?" Mia said, waving a hand in front of me. "Sorry I just got distracted." I mumbled. "Figures." she muttered and looked at the view outside.

I observed her side profile and noticed how she always had her head tilted upwards as if commanding respect even from the air around her. Oddly that thought made me chuckle. "You're always proving that I'm right." she teased while still look at the view outside. "You're yet to tell me what you're right about." I stated, hoping she would finally tell me. "You're yet to figure it out, I'm not telling you." she said firmly, ending with a cheeky grin. That gave me some sort of morale boost as I cleared my throat to get her attention.

She cocked her head towards me as if asking me to continue. "Mia since you came into my life, things have changed. I've finally started genuinely caring about someone other than my family and EXO. I can't go to bed in peace knowing you're still working in the living room. I can't help but worry if you're not at the dorm. I get jealous when I see you with other guys even if it's someone from the twelve of us. I want you to be mine so that I can spend forever trying to figure out all the things you're right about.

I'm not asking for forever right now. All I'm asking for is a chance to show you how deeply I care for you. Will you give me that chance by being mine?" I asked her. A tight smile was plastered around her face and I could see her choosing her next words carefully. "Kris before I say anything else, I want to thank you. No one has ever made me feel this special. Thank you for doing all of this for me starting from lunch." she smiled sadly. I smiled back but inside I felt like my heart was slowly cracking; I knew what was going to come next.

"You don't have to continue anymore. I understand your decision and completely respect it. However, let's end this evening without any bitter memories." I told her. I knew that if she put her rejection into words; no matter how gentle, I would break down in front of her. I did not want her to feel guilty since it wasn't her fault. "Kris I'm really sorry. I do--" she started to explain. "If you really want to be forgiven then you have to work for it. Firstly, I need you to promise me that you'll be my bestest friend. Secondly, I have sole rights to call you Cheesecake and you can't complain. Thirdly, give me a hug to make me feel better." I ordered.

She smiled a little at my demands, the tense atmosphere returning back to normal. "Kevin Wu, I promise to be your bestest friend and not complain when you call me Cheesecake. Come here.." she said, with her arms open. I enclosed my arms around her, reminding myself to remember how it feels to hold her in my arms. "You're a wonderful girl Mia. Any guy would be lucky to have you." I whispered into her ears. She pulled away hitting my chest playfully.

"Stop making me feel worse." she cried. I pulled her close and kissed her forehead for the first yet last time. My heart lurched and all I wanted to do was beg for one chance. Yet I knew I shouldn't put her into a spot. I would have to let my love for her fade away since she was my bestest friend. "Now shall we?" I asked her, knowing it was time to head back to the dorm. I wanted to go to bed and forget what happened.  Why did it have to hurt so much?  'Bestest friend huh? Stupid masochist.' I cursed myself.

 

THIRD PERSON POV

Unknown to them, a male had been watching them throughout. He left as soon as he saw what he assumed was acceptance from Mia's part when she hugged Kris. He headed to a secluded bar nearby so that he could drown his sorrows like he had done during his first heartache. The bitter alcohol was his savior.

He relished the familiar numbing burn at the back of his throat. He kept drinking till he couldn't clearly remember where he was yet he never forgot the grey-eyed girl that he loved dearly. He did not forget the way she smiled, or the way she looked so vulnerable in his arms till the very end when the darkness enveloped him in it's tantalizing arms.

 


 

A\N: For all those who did not want Kris to be with Mia :D   I still feel bad for Kris though T_T

To remind you the day not ended yet. Major drama ahead.. what do think will happen?

 Happy Reading! (: