Persuation.

CheckMate.

"Thaw with her gentle persuasion is more powerful than Thor with his hammer. The one melts, the other breaks into pieces."
- Henry David Thoreau 

 

Kai POV

It hurt me so much to see her cry. It was hard to hear her asking me to wake up and having to stay still. However I just had to find out if she actually liked me back like Baekhyun hyung claimed.  

 

 Flashback starts

 “I think he’s waking up. His eyelids are fluttering. That’s a good sign.” I heard a man say. “Kai try slowly opening your eyes.” the same man advised. I pried my eyes open to find it was a doctor. “What happened to me?!” I asked, panicking after I noticed I was at the hospital. Then D.O. hyung came and filled me in with what had happened. “Let me call Mia. She’ll be very happy to hear you’ve woken up. I’ll ask her to come here.” Baekhyun hyung said.

That name brought painful memories and I glanced at Kris hyung to see his reaction. Surprisingly he looked like how I felt; probably because he didn’t get to spend time with her. “I will not let her come near Kai. She’s done enough damage.” Kyungsoo hyung insisted.  “They are not a couple. She refused him.” Xiumin hyung said point blank.

“That’s not possible. She hugged him and he kissed her forehead.” I pointed out.  “That was a let’s-stay-friends thing. She doesn’t feel anything for me.” Kris hyung explained. “Can she come now? She’s very worried about her crush.” Baekhyun hyung said immediately. “Crush?! Mia likes hyung?” Sehun asked. “That’s impossible.” I said yet my heart was soaring secretly. “I have a plan.” Lay hyung said.

Flashback ends

 

“You were okay all along?” she asked, completely shocked.  “I woke up a while back. I’ve never been better actually.” I grinned. ‘The girl I like likes me back. What more could I want?’ I thought to myself. “Did you enjoy scaring me? Was this a joke to you?” she asked, eyes blazing with anger. “Mia I had to know if you liked me. When I saw you hug Kris hyung, my heart broke in a million pieces. Even when I was drinking, I couldn’t stop because I couldn’t forget the hurt inside. I’d be hurt like this a hundred times just to hear you say you like me back.” I told her sincerely.

Her shoulders slumped forward and her eyes softened.  “Did you also hear me say that I can’t like you? We can never be together Kai.” she told me and got up. “Why not? Don’t tell me you can’t like me when you already do.” I yelled. “I’m sorry. Forget this ever happened.” she said and walked towards the door. “You can walk away now but you can’t avoid me forever. You can’t do this.” I cried.

‘Why is she doing this to me? For a few moments I was invincible, now I’m defeated.’ I realized. “We can work this out, just come back.” I said, trying to persuade her. “I’m not who you think I am Kai. I could have to go back to America in the next twelve hours for all I know.” she reasoned, persona as cold as ice.  “I don’t care who you are. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s you. You have nothing to lose, give us a chance Mia. That’s all I’m asking for.” I pleaded.

“There is no us Kai. There’s you and there’s me and we aren’t meant to be.” she said slowly, her voice cracking slightly in the end. “Turn around, look me in the eye and tell me you don’t want this. Don’t try to fight it Mia. I won’t give up this easily.” I demanded. I don’t know where this confidence came from but I knew she wouldn’t do it. “Mia it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I accept the fact that tomorrow morning I might find you gone. What more do you want?” I asked her.

She turned around I could see tears lining her eyes. “I promise I’ll be there for you always. I don’t expect forever from you. I just want to take the time you have and spend it together. Is that too much to ask from the girl who was hysterical a few moments ago?” I was begging except that I wasn’t on my knees.  Time slowed down and it could have been mere seconds or lengthy minutes before she cautiously took a step forward.

“You promise to never get drunk again no matter what.” she stated. “I promise.” I slowly smiled as she nervously took another step forward.  “You promise to never joke around like this again.” she ordered. “Never ever.” I agreed. “You promise to listen to be and never do something drastic. You’ll always keep your health and safety first.” she pleaded.  “Alright I promise.” I answered.

She took another step forward, this time a little more confidently.  She was halfway the distance between my bed and the door. “You promise to be a happy person. No more Kai the Jerk.” she stated.  “Kai the Jerk is dead forever.” I assured her.  “You promise this isn’t a dream and I won’t wake up disappointed.” she said sincerely. “I do.” I laughed. She covered the rest of the way and landed in my awaiting arms.

 “Ouch.” I muttered as she unknowing put pressure on my bruised back. “Sorry..” she said softly and she stood up, embarrassed at her own actions. “It’s alright jagiya..” I smirked at her, making her pink a little. “I-I’ll go call EXO in.” she stuttered. I nodded as she stumbled her way across the room due to being so flustered.  I sighed in content; I was truly at the top of the world.

 


 

A\N: Yes he wasn't in a coma! He just pretended! They are finally together!! *throws confetti and hearts into the air*

I know the gif doesn't match the mood but I couldn't resist! EXO teaser came out today and JongMi happened today! <3

The EXO teaser! I can't stop spazzing about Kai's hairstyle and his whole agressive persona! I'm super happy today!

Happy Reading! (: