Separation.

CheckMate.

"When will I see you again?

You left with no goodbye,

Not a single word was said.." 

- Adele, Don't you remember 
 
 
 

Third person POV

Kai

He jolted awake, arms stretched out to keep her in place. It took him a blink of an eye to realize it was just another nightmare. How was he supposed to stop her from leaving when she wasn’t even there in the first place? She had bid farewell to him without saying a goodbye. He sat up on the couch he had tucked her into countless times due to her habit of falling asleep at the table and hugged his knees.

He slept on the couch so that he did not wake up Kyungsoo with his constant shifting in bed due to the nightmares. Not only have that, the couch made him felt a little bit closer to her. As he remembered her, his usual companions for the lonely night came rolling down his cheeks. He let himself drown into memories; warmth filling his heart even if it was for a little while.

“Goodmorning hyung..” he wished Kyungsoo who was used to Kai waking up the earliest by now. Every day he was greeted with Kai’s attempt to smile; his skin getting paler and the circles under his eyes getting darker. “Sleep well Kai?” he asked inspite knowing the answer too well. “Ofcourse hyung.” Kai simply replied, lying out of habit.

“I’ll get going now hyung.. See you soon.” Kai said, heading to the practice room. He spent most of his time there, practice twice as harder than all of them put together. He would tire himself out in attempts to distract himself during the day and sleep better at night. It just never seemed to work for him.

 

Ina

She was Mia. She is Sienna Ackles. She will be Dustfinger. Yet if she said that there was even one part of her that wasn’t in love with someone, she’d be lying.

Breathe in and out. In and out. Repeat.

Thirteen thousand seven hundred and forty three breaths later the darkness of the night gave away to the pale light of early dawn. She was on autopilot as she rolled her shoulders back for the start of yet another day. She absolutely hated it; going to university. She hated learning things that she already knew. The only thing that she looked forward to was her second major, dance.

“Dance is my outlet,” he’d once told her and now it had become hers. That way she would feel connected to him in the remotest way. She had tried; she really had, to forget him yet he stayed on. She couldn’t help but wonder about trivial things related to him. ‘Had he eaten? Had he slept well? Did he keep his promises?’

Questions plagued her mind and followed her around like shadows in a moonlit alley. She sighed at her reflection in the mirror and left her empty apartment. She sighed at the dreary weather and walked on. When she finally reached, it was almost time for her class to start so she made her way to it. She took a seat in the corner of the class and looked outside.

As usual, she’d spend her time in class staring at the clock, willing time to go faster. Each second melted into another, holding no significance for her. The class ended and she immediately shot up to head to the practice room. She heard laughter coming from the distance in the hallway. It seemed like an alien sound to her.

She peered into the classroom as if trying to find their cause for merriment. She was actually trying to remember the last time she had laughed. Was it strange that she remembered when exactly she had last laughed? It was thirty three days ago when Kai’s sister had told her about him dancing to Pussycat dolls with make up on.

A brief smile passed over her chapped lips, disappearing as fast as it came as the memory was interrupted but her phone vibrating. ‘I’ll be waiting at your apartment with lunch ready. Come quick after class is over.   P.S. Pick up milk on your way.’ The message read. She shook her head in disbelief and headed towards the only thing she looked forward to during the day - dance lessons.  

 


 

A\N:  I hope you have all been well.. Happy Reading! (: