Story Telling.

CheckMate.

"All sorrows can be borne if you put them into a story or tell a story about them."

-Isak Dinesen

Mia's POV

"Mia! Gwenchana? Mia! Wake up!!" someone called. I just groaned and snuggled deeper into the pillow only to be shaken. I struggled to get my eyes to open. "Five more minutes.." I requested. "Mia please get up. Please! You need to eat. You need to heal!" a deep voice panicked. I struggled to get up and blinked a few times to clear my mind. "Kai!? Why the hell did you wake me up!? Why am I in your bed?!" I spoke through clenched teeth.

"You had been sleeping for too long. I got so scared." he gently said. For the first time I could hear sincerity in his voice rather than the general over confidence that clouds his tone. "Sorry the medicine probably knocked me out really bad." I mumbled, feeling guilty for being mean. "That's okay. Now let's get you something to eat." he said. I shook my head because firstly, I wasn't really hungry and second because I really wanted to go back so sleep.

"Come on.. It's not like Kai the Great makes ramyun everyday.." he mumbled. "More like Kai the conceited jerk!" I said to myself loud enough for him to hear. His eyes softened. "You really think I'm a jerk isn't it?" he asked as he smiled sadly. I gave him no answer. "Come, I'll tell you a story while you eat." he said pulling my hand. I got out of bed only to stumble a little. He held on to me to make sure I did not fall while he lead me into the kitchen. He switched a set of lights and put the water to boil while I placed myself at the counter.

"Once upon a time there was a trainee who worked very hard to get accepted as a trainee. It was his dream to become and idol and become the best dancer." he said and looked up to see if I was listening. "He had a very pretty assistant choreographer who would train him. At first he only wanted to impress her but then that need gradually developed into something more," he paused to put the ramyun in.

"He knew she had that 'someone special' already but he was content with loving her from afar. He was happy as long as she was happy.One day, she came to him, tears running down her face. 'He dumped me for someone else' she had cried. He comforted her and assured her it was going to be alright. He vowed to stay by her side and protect her. She was his world. They grew closer over the next few months and started dating. They filled each others days with sunshine and joy. It was picture perfect." he paused to look up and smile a little at me.

"Till that day; a few months after their one year anniversary. Out of the blue he saw a letter addressed to him in front of the dorm." he paused again to take a big breath. " 'Sorry' it started 'but you were always a rebound. I'm going back to him but I'll always love you as a friend. I wish you all the happiness in the world.'  That was all.

It felt like he had drowned in the black waters of a lone sea with nothing to keep him afloat. His friends and family supported him but it meant nothing. When he finally resurfaced, he had left his heart behind with the treasures of the sea." he ended. Silence hung in the air as I let everything sink in. I looked up to see him gripping the counter tightly as if willing himself to hold his act together. His eyes were screwed shut and I could see a thin trail of tears that had made their way down his face.

"Jongin, I'm so sorry....." I whispered and hugged him offering strength, courage and comfort all at once.  

 


 

A\N: Finally the reason why he was such a jerk is out! I feel bad for him :'( 

Happy Reading! (: