Games.

CheckMate.
A\N: Please check the author's note below. Thank you! (:
 
 
"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it."
-John Wooden
 

“You still have time. Join me and help me take the global markets by storm. Just tell me where Kai is and even if you don’t want to join us, you’ll walk away with great rewards. The kind of money with which you’ll never have to work again.” he tried to tempt me. “Don’t you understand the meaning of never? I will never tell you anything. You can kill me if you want to.” I challenged him. “Kill you?! You think I’m going to kill you?” he laughed.

 “Killing is too easy Mia. I’m going to torture you till you answer me and then beg for death.” he informed me. “Try me. I’ll never break and beg for anything; least of all death in front of you.” I retorted. He raised the whip that he had held in his hand for so long in the air as I closed my eyes and waited for him to strike. First. Second. I waited for it to continue yet the third strike never came.

 “Miss me?” Mike asked, with Scotts in a headlock. “You thought I was going to let you have all the fun alone?” he smirked. “Move an inch and he dies.” he warned the guards, cocking a gun to Scotts’ head. We started to walk back slowly, Mike dragging a struggling Scotts’ with him while I kept a watch over the guards. We were almost out of what seemed some sort of factory till one of the guards had the guts to shoot at Mike.

I threw him down just in time for the bullet to be able to whizz past him. In between that, his hold on Scotts loosened and he was able to break free. “For some moments I thought I was done for but look at how the tables have turned.” he laughed. I caught Mike’s eye and nodded slightly at him. We both started backing off slowly so that we could run. We probably wouldn’t get far but it would buy us sometime. We turned around at once and started to run.

The guards followed us, now shooting at will. A bullet hit Mike and he stumbled. I stopped and tried to help him up only to be dragged back to the factory with him.  “You’re feisty. I like that about you. We’ll have fun after you’re domesticated.” he smirked. “I’m no pet of yours you animal.” I spat at him. “Oh but you will be.” he smiled and nodded at the guards who then pushed Mike and me into a cellar.

“Don’t worry the SWAT team should be here soon. We tracked the Emergency trackers that you put on. Eric is communicating with the Main Office.” Mike told me. “Are you bleeding a lot?” I asked him. “Nothing I can’t handle. The bullet hasn’t gone to deep.” he answered. “Did someone go to find Kai?” I asked him. “I wouldn’t know because I didn’t stay long enough. Though I can tell you our main priority was to protect you first and then him.” he shrugged. 

“I hope he’s okay.” I muttered. “What? You got a thing for him now?” he laughed. “I’m glad you can laugh while we’re locked up in a monster’s cellar.” I scoffed. “Hey atleast I wasn’t the bad guy.” Mike protested. “I’m sorry. I was too naïve.” I said softly. “You did well. Don’t doubt that.” he reassured me. Suddenly, the cellar was opened. Scotts came forward with a knife in his hands.  

“Mia your friend here shall suffer because you are withholding information. Do you really want that?” he asked, starting to inflict deep cuts on Mike’s arm. I looked at Mike and he silently shook his head telling me to not give in. I stayed silent and looked away. “Guards!” he shouted. More men entered the cramped cellar making it difficult to even breathe properly.

They carried rope with them and started to tie Mike and me on opposite pillars. Scotts smiled in victory as he got a call. It seemed the call did nothing but add to his glee. Just as everyone except the monster left, sirens were heard. ‘The SWAT team is here. We won after all.’ I thought and smiled. B.D. Scotts realized the same thing as he punched Mike; who kicked back.

“Look we have another five minutes before they discover the cellar and get past the guards. How about we make those five minutes very interesting? Let’s play a game.” he smirked.  “I’ll fight one of you. No guns;  just hand-to-hand combat. the other one can watch. Who I fight will be decided by a toss.” he demanded. For someone who had lost everything he had strived for, he looked eerily calm.

“Heads I fight Mia and tails Mia fights me.”  

 


 

A\N: I'm so sorry for the delay but I'm issues with wifi. the next update shall be sooner. 

The final leg of the action is here. It's like do or die for Mia. 

Also this is a heads up for some of you that have misunderstood. 

B.D. Scotts is not the Director and is not Ryan's father. Ryan worked under him so that he could take revenge from his father, who is the Director of CIA for forcing him to be an agent.

Dr.Kwang was always a part of the bad guys, he just pretended to work for the CIA. 

So who do you think is going to survive till the end? All of them? None? 

Happy Reading! (: