Just This Once.

CheckMate.

"When your lifes just a breeze in eternity. Why not take this one chance and come fly with me. Just this once. Just this second that soon will be gone. "

-London Elekticity

 

MIA POV

As soon as I received the picture, I got another message. ‘Head back to your dorms and try and crack the code. I’ll take care of both of them. Shall get back to you later.’ Eric had sent. I put everything in order and drove back to the dorm.  I entered to find everyone still in the living room. “What was so important that you had to leave in this condition?” Kris snarled. “I’m old enough to know what to do, Kris. You don’t have to treat me like a baby and use that tone.” I snapped. The others were surprised at how I reacted. To avoid the awkwardness that had crept in everyone slowly trickled back to their own rooms.

I grabbed some paper and a pen from my back paper and started to work on the code. There was no time to waste. ‘After the third warning we shall kill not injure.’ The words kept ringing in my head. I shook my head to clear the disturbing thoughts  and started to try and crack the code. Though I wasn’t an expert at this, I still tried to use the basic knowledge that I had to try and make sense of this gibberish. After two hours, I was still nowhere close to cracking it. Growing frustrated, I needed to vent the gnawing frustration out somewhere.  I grabbed my pillow and punched it. It felt good to let go so I continued. 

“Cheesecake, I know you’re in a bad mood but the poor pillow hasn’t done you any wrong.” a husky voice said. “If you don’t want your head ripped off you better scurry back to your little hole before I get up Kris.” I warned him. “Cheesecake you know I’m here if you want to talk rather than abuse the pillow.” he said, ignoring my warning. “I don’t want to talk to you. Go away and don’t come out till its morning.”I said, exasperated. “Don’t be mad at me Cheesecake, it hurts.” he teased.

“Call me Cheesecake one more time and I’ll make sure you’re incapable of saying another work all your life.” I threatened him. I grabbed the pillow and threw it to where I presumed he was standing. A groan let me know that I had managed to hit my target. “How you managed to know where I was standing let alone hit me with the pillow without turning back is beyond me.” he grumbled. “I could do more damage than that. You better get lost and not show up before morning Kevin Wu.” I seethed. “Fine. I’ll go back. Good night Cheesecake.” he said and padded back to his room.

 ‘Isn’t he supposed to be Mr. High and Mighty?’ I grumbled to myself as I started afresh. Another hour passed by as I continued my futile efforts. “Cheesecake I can’t sleep. Can I please come out?” Kris asked hesitantly.  I only sighed in response. I had no energy to fight anymore. He took my silence as a positive answer and sat beside me. “You should put that away. Continue tomorrow morning. Like this all your efforts are futile. Please Cheesecake?” he asked softly. I put the papers in order and put them in order and placed them back in my bag as he got up to switch off the lights.

 He came and sat back down. “How’s your ankle now?” he asked. “It’s fine. You should get some sleep now.” I told him. Silently he put his hands on my shoulders and kneaded them. “Relax Cheesecake, you’re too tense.” he mumbled. He then nudged my head so that it was lying on his shoulder.”Let’s stay like this for a while. Go to sleep. I’ll go back when I want to sleep..” He told me. “Kris you need to sleep. This isn’t rig—“ I started. “Please Cheesecake. Just this once; let me be there for you.” he asked.  

 

KRIS POV  

I returned back to the room once she attacked me with the pillow, wondering what had happened to get her in such a bad mood. The way she spoke to me reminded me of the times Kai and her fought endlessly. I kept tossing and turning, not managing to sleep a wink. Thoughts of her invaded my mind. I gave up and asked her if I could be out so that I don’t piss her off more. She never replied and I went and sat down next to her. Somehow I managed to convince her to rest. She looked utterly miserable. I massaged her shoulders in hope to relax her a little bit. I nudged her head so that it lay on my shoulder and her hair to help her fall asleep.

When she protested, I asked her to let me help her out once. Soon, the long day caught up with her and she fell asleep. “I felt my heart clench when you were hurt. I wish I could have taken all the pain you felt away when Tao fixed your ankle. I’m sorry I yelled at you, I was so worried. It worries me to see you working so hard and then being up early morning. Let me be by your side and help you Cheesecake.. Not just this once but forever.” I whispered inspite of knowing that she was asleep. I sighed and rested my head over hers. I closed my eyes and let myself fall into the waiting arms of slumber. I knew I had told her I would go back to my room but it doesn’t matter. It’s just this once..

 


A\N: How is EXO going to react to this? :O

I promised clues in this chapter for the code, so here they are:

1. # is used to indicate space between a word.

2. 36 is a square of 6. 

Try and solve the code now!

 Happy Reading! (: