Time.

CheckMate.

"It is my feeling that Time ripens all things; with Time all things are revealed; Time is the father of truth."
-Francois Rabelais 

 

MIA POV  

I took my own sweet time to shower as I knew Kris would want to talk to them without me being around. I could see it in his eyes that he was hurt, disappointed and very upset. For once I was selfish and played along with his attempts to make sure things were not awkward between us. I stepped out of the shower and saw most of the guys sitting as the way they were, still talking.  “What’s wrong with Kyungsoo?” I asked, since I hadn’t had a chance before. “He went to get Kai, who’s pass—“ Suho started to explain just as a loud impatient banging made us all turn to the door.

 Lay rushed to the door to find D.O. at the front door, tears clouding his eyes. “Hyung they got Kai. Hyung they have him. I couldn’t do anything.” he cried as he stumbled inside. Panic spread through my mind at once. I grabbed my phone and called Eric. “They have Kai. They got him alone.” I informed him. “The Base. Right now.” he ordered as I grabbed my backpack and rushed out of the door without anyone noticing in the commotion. I entered the car and drove as fast as I could to the Base.

Just as I was about to enter, my phone vibrated in my pocket. The SMS had an address and told me to get Kai from there. Almost immediately I received another message. ‘I kept you safe hoping you accept my offer. Time is running out. Kai got special treatment since you’re his Guardian.’ the message said. My hands automatically fisted in response and I heard footsteps to see Mike and Ivy had arrived. “You go back to EXO. We’ll take care of this.” Eric said. “I’m his guardian. I can’t leave him like that.” I protested.

 “Exactly. You can’t be seen with Kai before they see him or else it will arise suspicion. Remember you’re an assistant choreographer.” Eric explained. I drove back as fast as I could. On my way I called up Mr. Lee and explained what happened. He was beyond worried about what Kai’s state would be. I entered the dorm to find everyone except Suho and Kris present. “Where were you dongy?” Sehun asked as I entered the dorm. “I had gone to tell Mr. Lee what happened.” I replied. He just nodded back, not in a mood to talk. I started counting back from one thousand slowly to calm myself down.

 “Hyung stay still, you’re making me more nervous.” Chen told Xiumin who was constantly shaking his leg. ‘We found him. Presently we are on our way to the hospital. EXO shall be informed in a minute.’ Ivy texted me. Instead of making me relieved, that made me even more anxious. ‘Will he be okay? How badly is he hurt? It’s my fault for leaving him alone.’ I kept thinking. “Kai’s been found. He’s being taken to the Seoul Hospital.” Suho monotoned. D.O. who hadn’t said a word all this while got up with a start.

“Let’s go then. What are we waiting for?” he asked, eyes blazing with anger.  We all got up and headed towards the door. “She can’t come with us.” he said, pointing at me. “Hyung stop being unreasonable.” Tao defended me. “How do you think Kai will feel when he sees her with him?” he asked, seething. “It’s not what you’re thinking. It’s a misunderstanding.” Chen explained. I stood there not knowing why I was being blamed. “Mia do you mind staying back?” Lay asked. “I want to make sure he’s alright.” I said, hoping they would take the hint and not leave me behind.

“It’s either her or me.” D.O. stated. I backed off, not wanting to start a fight. “We’ll call once we get there. You stay and take rest..” Kris comforted me.  “You guys go ahead. I’ll join you in a minute.” Beakhyun said. “Mia I’m sorry. I’ll explain everything soon. I promise I’ll honestly tell you how he is and make sure you get to see him. Arraso?“ he ruffled my hair.  I was left alone at the dorm and decided to call Eric. “How bad?” I asked him.

“His head is injured badly and his back is badly bruised.  Nothing major on the lower half though which is good since he’s a dancer.  The head injury might be a big issue though.” he answered. ‘They got him pretty bad.’  I despaired. “Any new leads?” I asked, hoping for good news. “Nothing new. The address was of an abandoned residence. The owner’s been dead since the last two years.” he sighed, clearly as disappointed as I was.  ‘Well one more day till I find that number. One day is all the time you have till the truth is revealed. I’ll personally see you and end your game whoever you are.’ I vowed.

 


 

A\N: VERY soon Mia will be able to track the number.. Soon the number's owner will be revealed.. Are you guys excited? 

D.O. has the completely wrong idea and is hating on Mia.. What do you think will he do to keep Mia away?

 Happy Reading! (: