Planning.

CheckMate.

“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

 

'Dr. Kwang wants to see you so that he can check up on the bullet wound on your calf.' I sent Mike. Almost immediately he replied, 'Must be a mistake. I haven't sustained any bullet wounds on the calf.’ ‘Alright I’ll tell him that when I see him next.’ I replied back. “Or maybe confirm that you’re a bloody traitor..” I thought aloud. I decided to check up on Gina. “I’ll be done by today evening or early morning tomorrow. Since the number is a private one I’m having trouble.” she informed. “Gina, I really don’t have time till tomorrow morning.” I told her.

 “Plan against all your suspects. Other than that, I’ll do my best. I’m planning to put my top most contact into use. Hopefully, I’ll be done in an hour if that works " she assured. Alright then. Give me a call when you’re done. As always, I owe you one. The necessary cash shall be transferred to your overseas account in a day.” I told her and hung up. I headed towards the Base to link the tracking system to my laptop so that I could track Mike and keep an account of what he is up to. On reaching the parking lot I decided to plant another bug on his car in case he managed to fool the tracking system.

After that was done, I returned to the empty dorm and my thoughts turned to Kai. ‘Will he be okay? Why doesn’t he gain consciousness? He won’t slip into a coma right? He’s too strong for that. Ofcourse he’ll be fine.’  Then a call interrupted my tries to think positively. “I heard Kai’s hurt. Are you okay? Were you involved?” JR asked. “No they got him alone, I wasn’t anywhere close. I got distracted and they took advantage. I feel so guilty, it’s eating me up.” I answered.  “You need to forgive yourself and bounce back. They hurt someone who were protecting, aren’t you going to answer them back?” he demanded.

“I will JR. There is no doubt I will.  However, it will all happen in due time. Loose ends have to be tied up. Every hour I inch closer to the end.” I stated, finality echoing in my voice. “What happens after the end?” he asked. “I – I.. go back.” I answered after a pause. “You seem hesitant.” he noticed. “Just don’t do anything you’ll regret.” he said and hung up before I could say anything more. I reflected n the conversation as I heard dead silence on the other end. ‘Every hour we inch closer to the end.’ ‘I go back.’ Snatches of the conversation plagued my mind, showing me just how bad my position was.

‘What exactly will I do if Mike is the double agent?’ I asked myself. ‘Just the phone number isn’t proof enough. I have to catch him in action so that the other agents believe me. I have to avenge Ryan. Can’t take any chances or assume anything.’ I reminded myself. Every time I remembered that this time it wasn’t just my life at stake. This time at stake were so many lives which inturn were related to so many other people. “Nothing should go wrong but everything can.” I sighed.

Just then I noticed there were three missed calls from Baekhyun on my phone that I failed to notice.“Mia.. Kai’s slipped into a coma. The doctors can’t say when we will gain consciousness anymore.” Baekhyun said in between sobs. “W-what?!” I asked, disbelief coloring my tone.  “It must be a mistake. He’s strong. He won’t do this to us. “ I said, my words sounding hollow to my own ears.

“God damn it Mia. He’s already done that. I’m sorry. Just come to the hospital. Please.. just come..” he trailed off. The ground slipped away from below my feet as he said those words. I got to my feet and left the dorm immediately.‘First Ryan and now Kai. He will wake up soon. They can’t have done so much damage to an idol right?’ I tried to reassure myself, while driving. Just then my mind remembered something I’d rather have forgotten. ‘..Kai got special treatment since you are his Guardian.’

 


 

A\N: Got nothing to say except I'm sorry T_T

Happy Reading! (: