Today.

CheckMate.

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."
-Mark Twain

 

MIA POV

The day passed with me trying to locate the male with the necklace. I had looked through records of all the security we had hired to see if anyone had worn that necklace. It was a long shot but it was still a start. Inspite of having to do this, at the back of my mind there was a conflict of interest. I did want to find the people behind this and keep everyone safe. However a small part of me kept hoping the mission was prolonged. No matter how much I tried to suppress that voice it always found a way to meddle with my thoughts.

Dinner that evening was a quiet affair for me like the previous meals. However, I could not say that for most of EXO. They kept grinning and chattering like monkeys on crack. I had no energy or interest to partake in their conversation so I turned in for the day straight after dinner. "Are you unwell or just stressed?" a voice asked sometime later. I pretended to be asleep and did not answer. "I know you're not asleep. Now talk to me." Baekhyun poked my ribs. "Are you that concerned?" I teased.

"Ofcourse not! I'm just asking." he answered quickly, completely flustered. I had come to realize that Baekhyun secretly worried a lot and was very protective. He usually kept this side of himself hidden. "You know being concerned in not wrong. You should let people know you care." I told him. "Let me give you some free advice in return since I'm nice." he started. "Never feel guilty for, or push yourself towards feeling something that you don't and don't deny something that you do feel. Remember this always, you might need it soon." he ruffled my hair and left. 'Why does everyone like messing with my head?' I wondered, glad the day had ended.

Yet it was long before I finally fell asleep. The next morning I got up and decided to go jogging. My ankle had completely healed and I relaxed at familiar feel of wind in my hair. I returned to the dorm to find most of them wide awake and whispering with each other. As soon as I was in their proximity they all straightened up and stopped talking. "I'll go shower now.." I said awkwardly. When Tao asked me what whether I had any plans for today I replied with a simple 'No' making him grin in glee. After breakfast, they left for practice as I started to check employee records of the companies.  That was what I had to do today.

 

KRIS POV

Today was finally the day. After watching her from afar for this long, I was finally going to confess. As Mia was the person she was, I was not going to make it a cliché, grand affair. I was going to make it simple yet heartwarming. I was hoping she would accept me though I couldn’t know for sure what her answer would be. At times, I couldn’t help but feel I was moving too fast but I couldn’t keep away from her any longer.

I was afraid my control over my emotions would snap. Also it was better to ask her before anyone else claimed her and I was left to wallow in despair about being too late or not being man enough.  I did not know what I would do if she refused to accept my feelings. It wasn’t that I had not considered it; it’s just that I did not want to dwell on that possibility. I was being optimistic and hoping for the best.

 

KAI POV

Today was finally the day. Even after the connection we shared, I was going to lose her today to hyung. I had hardly slept last night. As I closed my eyes I saw flashes of her being in my arms but the very next moment, my arms were enclosed around air. I looked around to find her and Kris hyung cuddling together. I woke up with my tshirt drenched in sweat.

Pain seared my heart and I wanted to freeze time so morning would never arrive.  I softly padded outside to see her sleeping peacefully on the couch. “I promise I’ll look out for you even if I’ve given up on you.” I whispered and kissed her forehead. As I watched dawn wash over the sky I knew it was time to put on a show and pretend to be happy for hyung while envy eats at my heart.

 


 

A\N: Another update! Next chapter is the date with Kris. Will she accept him or will she reject him?

I will update soon.. the quotes fits the day so much! This one day will change so many things. I hope you await it!

Happy birthday Baek! :D 

 Happy Reading! (: