Sorry.

CheckMate.
"I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don't have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn't pawn this off on anybody. I'm sorry it happened. And I hurt people."
- Louie Anderson 
 
 
“How do I look?” a voice asked me, causing me to jump in surprise. “You look handsome.” I smiled. “You’re free to check me out anytime you like.” he remarked cockily. “You wish I’d check you out, Princess.” I teased. “Kai you’re on. Don’t be nervous okay?” Suho patted his shoulder. “I look good right? The fans will like how I look right? I don’t want to disappoint them.” he said, cockiness turning to insecurity. ‘So he does get insecure, he just hides it.’ I realized.

“Kai you look really handsome. The fans already love you. Just be comfortable in front of the camera. I’ll be here.” I gave his hand a small squeeze. “Kai, Mia too much of skinship in front of the crew.” Tao reminded us, causing us to separate. Kai smiled gratefully and walked to get his part done with. ‘Why hasn’t he replied yet? Should I send him the same text again? Was I not clear?’ I questioned everything.

“Mia! Yah Mia! EXO Planet to Mia! Are you sick?” Chen laughed loudly as I slowly blinked my eyes. “Sorry I was thinking.” I stated and looked away. “Everything okay at work? You seem nervous since you came back.” he asked. “Yeah I’m fine. Just planning.” I faked a smile. “Kai’s having a hard time dealing with all the flashes.” he remarked, nodding at where Kai was standing. “Can’t he ask for a break or something?” I asked, concern quickly rising at his expression. “It’s his first time. Who would have the courage to?” he shrugged.

“Mr.Lee has asked me to pass on a message to EXO in private.” I lied to the photographer.  “Alright, take five.” he addressed the crew. I asked EXO to assemble in one of the dressing rooms. “Sorry I just noticed Kai was uncomfortable with all the bright flashes so I lied.” I informed them. They all nodded in understanding and started taking selcas of themselves. “Thanks.” Kai muttered, clutching his head. “Are you okay? You could discontinue.” I soothed him.

“No I couldn’t. I’ve worked too hard for this day and the fans will be so disappointed.” he stated. “Kai I’m sure the photos taken are good enough.” I tried to reason with him. However, somehow I gained new found respect for Kai and his dedication. “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.” he tried to reassure me but I knew he was feeling unwell.  Someone knocked on the door to ask EXO to get back.  We all got back and I resumed my previous position and Kai proceeded further. I checked my phone again for unread messages. A loud thump caught my attention as I unlocked my phone.

“Kai..!” I cried as I got up to where he had landed. Kris and Chanyeol helped him up and made him sit on a bench. “My vision got a little blurry and I tripped on some wires. I’m fine.” he asserted. “No you’re not. You’re going back to the dorm. Mia?” Suho ordered before Kai could continue. “I have my car here. Come on Kai.” I pulled him up. “I’ll help you dongy.” Sehun offered and helped Kai out with me. “I’ll get my car from the lot; stay here.” I said as I quickly made my way to the parking lot. I threw my backpack under the driver’s seat and drove to the entrance of the building.

 “Get in.” I told Kai. “This is your car?” Sehun asked, mouth hanging open. “Yes, this is my car Oppa. Close your mouth before a fly gets in.” I chuckled a little as Sehun his lips. Kai got in wordlessly. “Do you need to go to hospital?” I asked Kai as I started to drive. “No, I’ll be fine.” Kai answered. “This is an expensive car.” he stated. “My dad owns a company.” I informed him. “There’s so much I don’t know about you..” he wondered.

“It’s a pretty long ride. Take a nap if you want.” I offered, trying to avoid the topic. Kai wordlessly relaxed on his seat as I reclined it for him. After a few minutes he was finally asleep. “Falls asleep anywhere..” I muttered. The drive itself was peaceful till a phone call interrupted the silence. “Mia you won’t believe this. Listen to this..” he uttered, sounding like he had lost his kind. “I’m sorry for doing this. I would take it back if I could. I would ask you not to waste time looking for me. I’ll already be very far away from Korea when you hear this..” I heard Ivy state.

 


 

A\N:  Did Ivy actually leave? What do you think? 

Happy Reading! (: