Avoiding.

CheckMate.

"People do think that if they avoid the truth, it might change to something better before they have to hear it."

-Marsha Norman

 

“Where are you guys?” I called E and asked after I had waited for about five minutes. I had already tied the two men and was waiting fro them. It would be weird if someone else saw me in this state. “Almost there.” he answered.

After another minute or so I could see them approaching. “Good job girl!” said Ivy and gave me a hi-5.  Then we went on our way to the Base with the two enemy operatives. The boys took their vehicle with the men while I and me used E’s car. 

“So… Whatcha gonna tell EXO when you get back?” I asked me. Honestly that never crossed my mind till you mentioned it. I’ll give Suho a call. “Suho..” I started. “Are you okay? You ran off getting us all worried!” he said. “You better have a very good reason for what you did missy!!” a shrill voice threatened. Sang Hee. I was in deep . 

“Sang Hee I promise I’m going to explain later but I have to go right now. I’m okay but I’m not sure when I’ll be back. Tell the boys not to wait up arasso? Kamsamida!” I said and hung up before she could ask me any other questions. I had no idea what I was going to tell them.

“Don’tcha look so glum. I’m sure you’ll be able to figure out something later. After all you’re a natural at lying.” she joked. “What’s with you and your  watchas and don’tchas? And I’ll take the natural part as a compliment. Thank you very much.” I said. “Nothing I’m just happy that we got a lead.  Though I’m not sure if I meant it as one.”  she pouted. “You’re cute.” I said.  “Says the baby..” she laughed. “I’m not a baby. Stop saying it!” I grumbled.  She only laughed.

O called me to say that JR had my SME ID card and that he would return it tomorrow. We reached the Base and locked up the two men in separate cells. “Did you check the videos yet?” Mike asked. “I was working on them just before I got the call. So I don’t have the results yet.” I shrugged. 

“Well we’ll question them tomorrow so be here early. Let them rot in that cell for now.” said E. I did not want to go back the dorm yet knowing I would be asked a million questions.  ‘I cannot avoid them forever. Might as well enter.’ I thought.

I entered to find all of them together with Sang Hee in the living room. I cleared my throat loudly so that they would notice me. They all looked at me but said nothing. “We’re listening.” Kai said sounding bored.  “I guess it’s time to tell you the truth.” I sighed.   

 


 

A\N: How do you think EXO is going to react to the truth?! Happy Reading! (: