The Show.

CheckMate.

"I've been beaten up pretty badly. Pretty badly. Yet at the end of the day, everyone says I'm doing a pretty good job."

-Charles Rangel

 

They walked to their van in the same formation but stiffened on seeing so much security. It would be a little awkward for them but they knew about the attacks on Kai and how much ever they wanted to forget it, they could not just ignore it. We would follow and in turn be followed by cars of security personnel. The people entering the set through the main entrance would be frisked at five different levels and all the other entrances were sealed off. 

EXO would remain in the van till the show was just about to start, then they would proceed to the greenroom for their touch up and then head straight for the stage. After they are done, then they would exit through the back entrance, where they would wait till the units have changed positions. They the van would drive us back to the dorm. Everything going according to plan, they would be uninjured when we were back at the dorm. 

After reaching the location, we waited in the van. They chatted quietly amongst themselves while I looked out of the window looking out for any signs of danger.  “EXO wanted on stage in five. Over and out.” crackled the walkie- talkie.  “EXO heading out now. Stand guard. Over and out.” I informed them. EXO got out of the car and started to touch up in the greenroom. I broadcasted my agent status as Green. This would send all the agents a message that everything was going to plan.

EXO started to perform heir song ‘Mama’. I was surprised to see them transform in front of my eyes. From the shy, quiet people, Suho and D.O. turned into charismatic, charming gentlemen. From the shy maknaes, Sehun and Tao turned into mysterious beings with looks that could kill. The lost puppies Baekhyun and Luhan turned into bad boys.  Kai tuned from quiet and brooding to a y dancing machine. Chen the troll turned into a brooding, shy stranger and Kris’ faced made a permanent appearance. Only Chanyeol and Lay remained somewhat the same.

Their performance got the fans into a frenzied state and they kept screaming their names. The cheers became even louder when they introduced themselves. Shouts of “Saranghae Oppa!” reverberated throughout. A question answer round followed their performance where questions ranging from who was the naughtiest to who cleaned up the dorm were asked.  Three hours and a final ‘We are EXO. We are One.' later, they were done.

 I asked them to wait near the back entrance so that the units could change positions. “Units change positions now. Over and out.” I instructed the team. Half a minute or so later, a bullet whizzed past me. “Down!” I yelled and I kicked Kai’s knee causing him to lose his footing so that he fell. I bent over his frame to protect any other bullets from hitting him.  A few bullets hit my back but thankfully, I had won the bullet proof jacket. The bullets then stopped.

I was hoping the attacker had fled or had been captured but a sudden searing pain in my right arm told me otherwise. “Damn it.” I cussed. I had been hit. The sniper was only changing positions. The sound of footsteps marked the arrival of the security team who shot the sniper down but not before he managed to get another shot at my arm. I gritted my teeth against the pain and looked up to fight the tears that were about to spill. I straightened up to let all of them get up and walk to the van.  We were surrounded by security and panicked fans.

EXO walked in a daze of their van while I set my status to red, the agents to be on their way to the hospital. I was dizzy from the blood that I was losing but I still had to get them safely out of there. “Take the second route; I need to be dropped off at the hospital.” I whispered to the driver while getting in. Fortunately, it wasn’t a long ride as I was already fighting to stay conscious. “Mei mei? You okay?” Luhan asked probably noticing I looked a little pale.

“Ani I’m a little hurt. I’m going to the hospital. Suho and Kris please go back to the dorm. You guys are in danger. Please.” I requested them even before they could fuss about me. By know they had concluded that I was hit so it was important that I projected the desperation that I felt through my voice and hoped they would hear it.

Relief washed through me as I saw Suho nod. Kris on the other hand just turned away.  Everyone was worried about me and some of them like Tao looked like he would burst out crying any moment. I somehow managed to smile a little at him. As the hospital came into view and I asked them to drop me off, fearing I would lose the little energy that I had if I trudged my way to it.

The only thing that kept me going was that EXO was safe. I had not failed my team mates and I had not failed EXO.

 


A\N: Mia's hit; EXO's safe. She thinks she has succeeded, what do you people feel?

Also, the poll has now closed and one of the leaders has won!

So comment, upvote, subscribe and recommend! Happy Reading! (: