Running away.

CheckMate.

“Running away was easy; not knowing what to do next was the hard part.”
― Glenda Millard, A Small Free Kiss in the Dark

 

Mia POV

I followed Dr. Kwang to the corner. “We’ve managed to remove all the bullets. Unfortunately, they all hit very close to the spine so we’re afraid that he might be paralyzed from neck down if he ever wakes up from the coma.” he said, eyes full of sympathy. “I understand. Thank you, doctor.” I swallowed the lump in my throat. I my heels and left the hospital not wanting to face JR. ‘How can I tell him that his hyung may never wake up? Or that even if he does he may never be able to move because he was protecting him?’ How will he tell his boys?’I asked myself.

 By now, tears had started to roll down my face. For the first time that I could remember in my life, I felt utterly desolate, helpless and alone. I could not turn to the other agents as one of them was behind all of this. I could not face JR or Nu’est right now. I could not tell EXO the truth. I could not contact the Director without him initiating contact. Right now, I was all alone trying to save the situation.  I ran out of the hospital and the fresh air choked me instead of providing me relief. 

'That traitor thrives on the same air while Ryan lies inside fighting for his life. You just stood there doing nothing. Now you’re being a coward by running away. That’s what you always do. Run away from problems. When your parents were getting divorced and things started to get ugly at home you left to train as an agent.  You left Josh behind all alone. No wonder he doesn’t talk to you anymore. Turn back like you always do. After all that’s what you’re good at Dustfinger.’ The voice in my head mocked and taunted me.

“No! I will see this through. I will find out who did this to Ryan. I’m not running away!" I screamed at the darkness surrounding me. I looked up to see the twinkling city lights shining like there’s no tomorrow. It seemed like even they were mocking my misery. I came to a sidewalk of an abandoned road and sat there, hugging my knees, trying to get myself together. In the end, I just ended up on the road not knowing what to do about the mess.

Unsolved problems and running away from the present never helped anyone. Usually the Past comes back to haunt the Present. Sometimes, it also chars the Future black.  

 

JR POV

I looked around for Mia who had disappeared without a trace. One nurse had seen a girl run out of the hospital, not having a care in the world. That sounded like Mia. I went to the parking lot to check for her car. Her car was still there but Mia was nowhere close. I called her phone to find it going to voicemail. I called Suho to check if she had gone back to their dorm.

He had not heard from her ever since she left the dorm. I was worried beyond words to what she might do. I could see it in her eyes that she felt guilty for whatever had occurred. I knew she would gladly take his place if she could. I just hoped she would stay safe and calm. However, knowing her, I knew I could count the days the person behind his had to live with my fingers.

 


 

A\N: Here’s Chapter 49! (: I wanted to ask you guys if any of you could make a trailer for me? Or recommend someone who could do it? Please PM me or comment and help me out! Thank you! 

Also who died after watching Oneshot? B.A.P has never looked hotter and the MV is just AWESOMEEEE….!! Poor Himchan though.. he’s injured! Get well soon Himchan! :D Who do you think looked the hottest? I can't pick! I was having feels for everyone. why is this my life? Can't choose a bias  :'(

Last but not the least, Jay Park’s back with another video. Though I don’t really like it too much, the beat is sick. And then Jay is eye-candy so I’m not really complaining.

 Happy Reading!  (: